ADVERTISEMENT

Jack Campbell

Can’t not like Jack Campbell no matter who your team is. Reminds me of Luke Kuechly, but with a little more size. As a Packers fan, I’m not even ashamed to say I’m rooting for him and the lions outside of 2 games a year.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
Lambert was 220# soaking wet. Different era. Lambert was the nastiest LB I've seen this side of Dick Butkus.
And Urlacher was 260-265 about the same difference in weight between him and Campbell as there is between Campbell and Lambert Also Urlacher was better than Campbell and Lambert in coverage (I know Jack is really good at it) and Campbell is much more physical than Urlacher who despite his size wasnt that physical.

Last edited:
Reactions: cmhawks99
It takes a man to play LB in the NFL. I remember an interview I heard on the radio with former NFL and Detroit Lion LB Dennis Gibson (from Ankeny) when they asked him the biggest difference between college and the NFL, and he simply responded, "The level of pain!" Violent sport and one of the most violent positions, which is the way Jack plays.

Gotta be frustrating watching the left tackle for KC lined up off the line and false starting every play by dropping back early every snap. How is either penalty not called once?
Well the KC left tackle's helmet does seem to be in line enough with the center but yes it does look like he is jumping the snap by a very small amount.

Reactions: hawkize
Box score shows Campbell with 2 tackles. Seems low... all i know is #34 missed several Jack would've made.. I'm guessing Jack will play more as the season progresses.

Well the KC left tackle's helmet does seem to be in line enough with the center but yes it does look like he is jumping the snap by a very small amount.
Detroit didn’t say anything since KC was tipping their play call with their tackles lining up off the line on pass plays and on the line with run plays. All teams will be keying these two set ups for KC moving forward.

Great W for Detroit. Bad loss for KC with Toney missing three easy catches throughout the game, one leading to a pick six for Detroit.

Reactions: amahawk
Detroit didn’t say anything since KC was tipping their play call with their tackles lining up off the line on pass plays and on the line with run plays. All teams will be keying these two set ups for KC moving forward.

Great W for Detroit. Bad loss for KC with Toney missing three easy catches throughout the game, one leading to a pick six for Detroit.
Yep you could tell if it was a run or pass just by RT. He moved around a lot!

Toney had a terrible game for KC

Probably not, since the broadcasters spoke to their resident retired referee who stated that not only was he lined up too far off the line but that he was jumping the snap count.

Probably not, since the broadcasters spoke to their resident retired referee who stated that not only was he lined up too far off the line but that he was jumping the snap count.
Yes, I saw a more overhead tv angle later in the game and in that view his helmet was a foot behind where it was supposed to do.

Correct on the first point and the fans were even booing Toney on that late drop when he was wide open. Toney might get cut and ISM gets promoted if he is on the practice squad.

Correct on the first point and the fans were even booing Toney on that late drop when he was wide open. Toney might get cut and ISM gets promoted if he is on the practice squad.
ISM got traded away.

Traded to Carolina for a 7th round draft choice. Feel for the guy as he was doing good things in KC. Hope he is able to see the field in Charlotte.

Toney isn't going anywhere, and if I'm not mistaken has barely practiced due to injury. That said, he had a shit game. D was good, O not so much for KC.

A weird game. I focused on SLP and JC. They rotated JC in and out, SLP wasn't in the 1st series. There were some teachable moments for both, and both will get better as the season progresses.

Toney isn't going anywhere, and if I'm not mistaken has barely practiced due to injury. That said, he had a shit game. D was good, O not so much for KC.

A weird game. I focused on SLP and JC. They rotated JC in and out, SLP wasn't in the 1st series. There were some teachable moments for both, and both will get better as the season progresses.
Ahh, not aware of his injury but if he was healthy and it wasnt an arm injury he has to get those hands up and make those catches.

Yeah, KC's offense looked disjointed and it was par for the course when the play right before KC's final field goal where the 2 crossing receivers were right in line with each other as the pass got there and they bothered each other.

Even the announcers commented on that.

Traded to Carolina for a 7th round draft choice. Feel for the guy as he was doing good things in KC. Hope he is able to see the field in Charlotte.
He needs to humble himself and act like he's got a brain. He hasn't earned the right to be a showboating clown.

As a Bears fan it hurts me to see so many ex-Hawkeyes in the Bears division.
Yup, their draft room seems to be clueless when it comes to picking Iowa boys…Green Bay and Detroit seemed to have figured it out though. Now, they did draft Daniels but were stupid enough to let him go….

Reactions: Franisdaman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT