ADVERTISEMENT

Jack McCaffery Highlights & Updates (Class of 2025). #57 Prospect, per April 21, 2023 ESPN Rankings

I'm sure Jack is a great kid and I hope he has a great basketball career. There is not one highlight of him taking his man off the dribble and finishing at the rim. No left hand in highlights. Like the hook shot, don't know why it's not used more.

Hate to say it, but nothing in those clips will translate to the Big10 ...unless the defender gives him 3 feet cushion every time like the h.s. defenders did.
his release at this age is faster then many shorter guards. have you seem what most 6 "9" sophomores look like? not sure what the end product will be but he looks very solid for age and conference he is playing in.

He looks to me to be the most talented of the brothers. By far the best looking shot, but also is developing a nice jump hook. Hope he keeps working on the inside stuff and I hope he isn’t scared away by all the jackasses on here who hate anything McCaffrey.

Why do you call someone a jackass because they don't think Fran is a good coach? I don't think Fran is anything special as a coach---so I'm a jackass? It is not a fair form of debate.

Why do you call someone a jackass because they don't think Fran is a good coach? I don't think Fran is anything special as a coach---so I'm a jackass? It is not a fair form of debate.
Because they really cannot explain why he is such a great coach, so they tend to use words like "haters", "Jackass", "dumbass", weird, etc. versus a reasonable civil explanation and/or honest debate.

Where did I say that? I was referring to the haters, which don’t just think he “isn’t a good coach.”

Reactions: perryhawk
He looks to me to be the most talented of the brothers. By far the best looking shot, but also is developing a nice jump hook. Hope he keeps working on the inside stuff and I hope he isn’t scared away by all the jackasses on here who hate anything McCaffrey.
Happy Halloween GIF by joeyahlbum

Because they really cannot explain why he is such a great coach, so they tend to use words like "haters", "Jackass", "dumbass", weird, etc. versus a reasonable civil explanation and/or honest debate.
I've always liked how the people who don't want you to berate players/coaches are the first ones to do it to others they disagree with. A pathetic double standard. As Axl Rose once said, "Your satisfaction lies in your illusions, but your delusions are yours and not mine."

Hate to say it, but nothing in those clips will translate to the Big10 ...unless the defender gives him 3 feet cushion every time like the h.s. defenders did.
He had several jab and step-back moves where he created the cushion. Also, he has 2 more years to get ready for Power 5 basketball.

And finally, when someone says "hate to say it", they actually love saying it.

He doesn't look as plodding as he was before so that's a plus. Nice looking jumper, the best of the three. I like the jump hook over either shoulders. Nice and simple. He likes the power dribble right, behind the back step back to the left. I saw a lot of him standing there waiting to get the ball back. Would have to see more of their offense though.

I watched Jack for 3.5 of his 4 games this weekend. He definitely looks the part of a high major recruit. He's like a bulkier Patrick but a better shooter. He needs to play through contact a bit more, but ultimately that's pretty normal for a 16 year old to need to work on. He has a nice Dirk Nowitzki-like fadeaway on post ups, but he spun baseline really well too--you can kind of tell that he's been around Luka and Rebraca the past few years because some of his post moves are carbon copies of those 2.

It's AAU, so of course there's 9+ other kids that coaches are watching on any given court, but it was interesting to me that a Notre Dame assistant was at a couple of Jack's games. No idea if he's someone they are looking at, but it did sort of catch my attention. I don't think there's any chance he ends up playing for anyone other than his dad, but I do know that he wants to be recruited like everyone else and is trying to be open.

Why stupid because it's the truth??? If Iowa is going to recruit marginal big talent that happen to be family members Fran diserve's criticism. I suppose you think the defense is just fine too

The #57 prospect in the country for the 2025 class is marginal talent??? LOL

A four star prospect is marginal talent? CMac and PMac were both rated 4 stars.

If anyone should be criticized (and laughed at), it is you for what you wrote.

I recall that he may not be a lock for Iowa.

do you blame him with outspoken fans like ours?

all Jack has to do is look at what Connor and Patrick have dealt with. And PMac had to take a mental health leave of absence, of course.

And if Jack goes somewhere else, the same people screaming nepotism will then scream that Fran can't even land his own son.

In the video that follows from yesterday, Jack had a steal, leading up to the posterization.

Jack then had a block.

Nice to see him playing some nice D. And you can't teach 6'9. Good grief, I wonder if he's done growing....

Check this out & Watch:

Wow that is some awful basketball right there..........How does that help build a kid's skill set?

Reactions: IGot5onIt
do you blame him with outspoken fans like ours?

all Jack has to do is look at what Connor and Patrick have dealt with. And PMac had to take a mental health leave of absence, of course.

And if Jack goes somewhere else, the same people screaming nepotism will then scream that Fran can't even land his own son.

People who constantly rip on Pat and Connor need to get bent.

I vividly remember Connor in absolute tears in his dads arms after the NCAA Oregon game. It wasn't the last game of his career, but he was still heartbroken because he knew that team was probably the program's best shot at making a deep run in the tourney in the last 20 years.

The McCaffery boys might not be superstar players. But they poured everything into the program and wanted nothing more than to help the program succeed. Oh and they are great students that never get in trouble. I can't believe these kids are the people our fan base choose to villanize

Last edited:
People who constantly rip on Pat and Connor need to get bent.

I vividly remember Connor in absolute tears in his dads arms after the NCAA Oregon game. It wasn't the last game of his career, but he was still heartbroken because he knew that team was probably his best shot at making a deep run in the tourney.

The McCaffery boys might not be superstar players. But they poured everything into the program and wanted nothing more than to help the program succeed. Oh and they are great students that never get in trouble. I can't believe these kids are the people our fan base choose to villanize
It’s sad but I can

I don’t like how the football program‘s issues with nepotism spill into basketball. No one had an issue with Brian as a player because he was good, and no one really had an issue with him as offensive line coach either. It was when he became OC and underperformed that the legitimate complaints started flying. On the basketball side, I see no issue. Coach recruited his sons which were high level D1 talent. People would have been furious if they had gone elsewhere—can’t even recruit your own kid they’d say. Perhaps neither Connor or Patrick became the superstars we wanted but they have both been solid contributors. The nepotism label just makes no sense here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT