ADVERTISEMENT

Jack McCaffery Highlights & Updates (Class of 2025). #57 Prospect, per April 21, 2023 ESPN Rankings

Please end the nepotism in Iowa City. It is really getting old.
Playing for your dad is not the same as working for your dad, being hired by your dad, and protected by your dad. Yeah, Fran probably gives his boys a little more time on the floor sometimes than what is warranted but they are good players.

I think Jack Mac handles the ball better right now than both of this brothers and he actually has a regular shooting motion.

Yeah, Fran probably gives his boys a little more time on the floor sometimes than what is warranted but they are good players.
Everyone is happy the boys are good guys and both the boys we've had at Iowa were and are decent players. But you cannot play your sons over better players or players that deserve more time to develop and Fran has done that pretty consistently.

Everyone is happy the boys are good guys and both the boys we've had at Iowa were and are decent players. But you cannot play your sons over better players or players that deserve more time to develop and Fran has done that pretty consistently.
If Patrick can't show more toughness and desire to play defense and rebound next year, I agree that he should play more limited minutes. It sounds like Jack might be the best BB player of the Mac sons, so we shouldn't be hoping he won't come to Iowa.

The #57 prospect in the country for the 2025 class is marginal talent??? LOL

A four star prospect is marginal talent? CMac and PMac were both rated 4 stars.

If anyone should be criticized (and laughed at), it is you for what you wrote.

If those are four stars the rating services clearly aren't as good as they once were.

They were each 2.5 stars, max.

If those are four stars the rating services clearly aren't as good as they once were.

This again is why social media is dangerous….. giving dumb people a voice. I read this stuff trying to find worth while info and all I see is stupid crap. To the people that think we shouldn’t be trying to secure Jack …..they just want to complain later that the coach couldn’t even recruit his own kid to play for him. I wouldn’t blame him at all for going someplace else. You all should step back and listen the poison you spread!

This podcast is from Feb, 2022. Margaret talks about Jack, social media criticism of her sons and more.

Jack likely will play for his dad. But who would blame him if he decided to go elsewhere?

Watch here:

Reactions: HoustonREDHawk
This podcast is from Feb, 2022. Margaret talks about Jack, social media criticism of her sons and more.

Jack likely will play for his dad. But who would blame him if he decided to go elsewhere?

Watch here:

It doesn't matter where Jack ends up playing. He is going to hear complaints anywhere he goes. Just like every other player for everyother team. The complaints may not be about nepotism, but they will be about something else. All it takes is one bad game and people will post crap.

Fans are the same everywhere. Iowa fans are no worse than fans at every school in the country.

Not saying it's right. Just saying fans will be fans no matter where he or anyother player goes.

This again is why social media is dangerous….. giving dumb people a voice. I read this stuff trying to find worth while info and all I see is stupid crap. To the people that think we shouldn’t be trying to secure Jack …..they just want to complain later that the coach couldn’t even recruit his own kid to play for him. I wouldn’t blame him at all for going someplace else. You all should step back and listen the poison you spread!
You're proving dumb people shouldn't have a voice.
Stars are like participation trophies now as neither of those two were EVER four star caliber players.

Why do you call someone a jackass because they don't think Fran is a good coach? I don't think Fran is anything special as a coach---so I'm a jackass? It is not a fair form of debate.
Use some of that logic here. He did not say "everyone who thinks Fran is a bad coach is a jackass."

I'm not especially fond of a lot of the things I see from Fran either. But I didn't feel like he was taking a shot at me. But if you want to align yourself with the jackasses he's referring to, that's your business.

If you honestly think social media is dangerous theres a incredibly fvcking simple solution....don't use it.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Yeah, like Uthoff and White and all those other losers McCaffery has brought in.

Glad some of you are taking the opportunity to rag on the kid early so perhaps we can scare him off. Hell, who needs talented players?!?
Yep. If Jack Mac (nice ring to it) had any other name, many who are skeptical would be excited to get him. Looks like a great prospect to me.

And social media may not be so dangerous to adults and non-genz people. But for the younger crowd it is definitely dangerous, with the shaming, bullying, and peer pressure.

• Haha
Reactions: chaneccooms
Social media is going to become even more misleading and divisive, with developments in AI. Some already have a hard time distinguishing between truth and fake trash. That is only going to get worse. Hard to know what to do about it.

I'm not for sure if Jack is the same as his older brothers but one thing to keep in mind with those 2 is they both turned 19 as HS seniors. Talking about this to someone who coaches AAU ball about this and he said it does matter when it comes to "rankings". Granted if the kid can play college ball it won't matter in the long run but I asked him about Fran's & Murray boys. Different situations he said with Murrays just trying to garner more D1 interest. Having last name being coaches son doesn't hurt obviously, but he said if they graduated HS year earlier as normal HS kids do at 18 they wouldn't have been ranked as high and probably would have been 3*. An example he stated as someone who played HS ball just think if you or any of your teammates could've played 1 more year when you were a frosh in college. Odds are most would have better stats if could have that extra season.

With Frans kids they are D1 talent but in his mind and few other coaches he knew in AAU world thought PMac especially was over ranked. Really didn't matter in his eyes where they were ranked because going to Iowa anyways. The only thing he said it did was raise the fan bases expectations for him in what you expect from any kid ranked like that in top 75-100. In fact the interesting thing he mentioned is the elite kids are doing the opposite and reclassifying a year early to play college ball at 17.

I'm not for sure if Jack is the same as his older brothers but one thing to keep in mind with those 2 is they both turned 19 as HS seniors. Talking about this to someone who coaches AAU ball about this and he said it does matter when it comes to "rankings". Granted if the kid can play college ball it won't matter in the long run but I asked him about Fran's & Murray boys. Different situations he said with Murrays just trying to garner more D1 interest. Having last name being coaches son doesn't hurt obviously, but he said if they graduated HS year earlier as normal HS kids do at 18 they wouldn't have been ranked as high and probably would have been 3*. An example he stated as someone who played HS ball just think if you or any of your teammates could've played 1 more year when you were a frosh in college. Odds are most would have better stats if could have that extra season.

This has become a common tactic among parents who enter the school system carrying early athletic aspirations for their kids,.. See it all the time anymore.

With Frans kids they are D1 talent but in his mind and few other coaches he knew in AAU world thought PMac especially was over ranked. Really didn't matter in his eyes where they were ranked because going to Iowa anyways. The only thing he said it did was raise the fan bases expectations for him in what you expect from any kid ranked like that in top 75-100. In fact the interesting thing he mentioned is the elite kids are doing the opposite and reclassifying a year early to play college ball at 17.
that is to get around the 1 n Done rule. so they can get drafted at 18 instead of 19.

again it is all driven by the NBA. that is why the one year rule needs to end.

Reactions: goodbyebobby
I think there's a real chance Jack doesn't play for his dad, TBH.
Certainly there's a pull to keep the family all in IC or Fran will never see him play, but I've said earlier I wouldn't be shocked for Mama Bear to want a fresh start for her youngest son.....

Watch here:

Fran and his sons would get the same treatment elsewhere on social media. Its the nature of the beast. Do you think that either player would have gotten starts or the amount of playing time had they not played for their Dad?

Fran and his sons would get the same treatment elsewhere on social media. Its the nature of the beast. Do you think that either player would have gotten starts or the amount of playing time had they not played for their Dad?
yes as they were both Top 100 4*'s by ESPN sorry but not everybody bows down at the alter of Rivals recruiting rankings. there were many teams that would have loved to have them, unlike you assholes.

they have been trashed from day one only because they were Fran's son's. the main bitch was nepotism. which is a total crock of bull shit.

yes as they were both Top 100 4*'s by ESPN sorry but not everybody bows down at the alter of Rivals recruiting rankings. there were many teams that would have loved to have them, unlike you assholes.

they have been trashed from day one only because they were Fran's son's. the main bitch was nepotism. which is a total crock of bull shit.
Who cares what their ratings were by any recruiting services when it comes to playing time. Ogelsby was a 4* and rarely if ever started and rightfully so. Football programs has had plenty who have no lived up to their billing as a 18 yr old HS kid. It's irrelevant once they step foot on campus.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT