ADVERTISEMENT

Jackson, MS, does not have running water due to flooding.

But those sumbitches know where to turn to bail them out for their “infrastructure mismanagement”......Maybe the folks in Mississippi ought to start taxing their own and improve their shortcomings....Their public schools could use some help' too.
Just another example of a “red state legislature” failure. Then and Michigan just don’t want their citízens to take clean drinking water for granted!

But those sumbitches know where to turn to bail them out for their “infrastructure mismanagement”......Maybe the folks in Mississippi ought to start taxing their own and improve their shortcomings....Their public schools could use some help' too.
Just like Texas and Florida, always there when they need us.

Reactions: joelbc1
Y0ia2UVQogNHF0rgZGMnjSDUGF87PZF0PQgvSQIH9nFv0cStpFHgqMIcREzNRidklLSu8Bq6W-ngAZqs9WL-qcYlO2fQgzICFi2-qvsfSBIOGoQkDOKYX9pS2DsgLjEn_TfH42QGpheXku_LFvlW0lEuVZPcVBO-jig_dTwV0Nq74fodIrW3ZaZGqfFY8G8RyCIQv-rGMbCVNbUPLlxbZtkbUF_QTO8HAYTFE7VPlyhO9bga4hymAou9UR96SBDqho3E5mpXe7_I46VlwjaxRgho7khaeBXHi8hFuwUdoLuEi3krx6CbvD8SVfxFq2wrC81eYer-YkJwIupMbuy0ZbaTqz6TakAFLFB0zOVlYc7GMVNMss_qPTPxUzQmdieaHcqrfZsXl_rGp6kTJBvg-l7997xPjSA_eWNCxh4iLxfyjdWuatxdS0L-B91_VapKhpCPhKPlRNFFTUQe5FL6f_EECz_OY-JzSTI92D7Z20ufUk6SABJjKYNj6V7YcSTtRkTq95voinwfNyvwd6FyKImxUncPqiEaE8LacaN25dOsSrfJCgkDLluWUpnRKeH9UJi3sC3jHsArdqZL8C27hWVkRqMmPgiQrQvoxQUify_5PY28k7cnReqNfeErcEWa_3_pmNS7rXXyn3myCrb_sasaooJopN-gBGI8SIFywvRyBRIKPzlsTd0HlFYoygUlpbne12dVBJT_GHBdA7bx3GLiDjq7rYEqzVLBQs2-xCIiOFBlhquK4SjtIa8=w600-h185-no

That's what happens when you don't collect the taxes needed for public works.

Not much different than Texas and their natural gas systems they refused to harden against freezing weather...

Ain't nobody in Mississippi rich enough to pay any taxes, bro.

This isn't an R or D issue. Infrastructure like this isn't sexy, it won't win you any votes in an election, the projects take a long time with spending that doesn't deliver anything before you're up for reelection, and it's basic maintenance that needs to handled locally.

Reactions: SigMaintHawk
Yup. Just like the rest of the red states surrounding it. Hard to feel sorry for voters that don't believe in the reality of climate change or investing in infrastructure
I feel sorry for the sane people that live there. A long time ago when we were living in the South Mrs. Lucas got a slightly better job offer than the one she had. I asked her why we'd move to the state that was somehow worse than the one we were living in? Sometimes I'd ask my co-workers why they didn't get tired of being first in everything bad, and last in everything good? Uniformly they'd say, "Thank God for Mississippi".

This isn't an R or D issue. Infrastructure like this isn't sexy, it won't win you any votes in an election, the projects take a long time with spending that doesn't deliver anything before you're up for reelection, and it's basic maintenance that needs to handled locally.

Is this why "Infrastructure Week" never happened under Trump (a Rep), and yet one of the larger infrastructure bills to address the "EV future" was just passed by Biden (a Dem)?

Seems like there IS one party which does want to invest in the future, even though the bills aren't going to immediately benefit their own re-election.

I agree it is primarily a state/local issue with Federal help but goddammit, the state/ local governments need to be responsible for their maintenance! Sadly, it is something that local governments can easily get sloppy with their oversight. But, you cannot go thru life cutting taxes...sooner ir later, you have to start paying for stuff.

Reactions: TheCainer
Is this why "Infrastructure Week" never happened under Trump (a Rep), and yet one of the larger infrastructure bills to address the "EV future" was just passed by Biden (a Dem)?

Seems like there IS one party which does want to invest in the future, even though the bills aren't going to immediately benefit their own re-election.
What do you mean? Trump gave us “Space Force”!

So Merica 2022:

Mississippi doesn’t have a reliable water system or Texas a reliable electrical grid.

Des Moines, 1993.
Des Moines and Cedar Rapids has infrastructure systems in place....Des Moines was using “city water” within a month I’d initial flooding...and DSM has a lot more water than Jackson."...Jackson doesn’t even have safe pipes to move its water...and a lot of the “maintenance” has to be paid for via taxes and water rates. Des Moines gets to pay for its nitrate enriched water from upstate by taxes and water rates...very little federal help from the Feds and none from the stTe.

Why would you say that? He's forward leaning on infrastructure projects, especially water projects. He understands that thousands of water systems in the US are aging, inadequate, and vulnerable to climate change induced flooding.
Oh shit, my bad. I forgot. When it's a red president and blue governor it's the president's fault. If it's a red governor it's the governors fault. I forgot how the rule works when we have a blue president. Won't happen again.

Oh shit, my bad. I forgot. When it's a red president and blue governor it's the president's fault. If it's a red governor it's the governors fault. I forgot how the rule works when we have a blue president. Won't happen again.
Derpy is in the House

• Haha
Reactions: Joes Place
I agree it is primarily a state/local issue with Federal help but goddammit, the state/ local governments need to be responsible for their maintenance! Sadly, it is something that local governments can easily get sloppy with their oversight. But, you cannot go thru life cutting taxes...sooner ir later, you have to start paying for stuff.

a quarter of Jackson is below the poverty line. i can at least understand why a city so poor wouldn't be proactive about preventing something like this

would you have been okay with the Biden administration forcing Jackson to make the repairs and upgrades theyve known they needed to make for years now?

If we’re gonna make this political Jackson, MS is blue, extremely blue. And if we want to continue to make this political we can’t leave out CA and their water and blackout failures.

If we’re gonna make this political Jackson, MS is blue, extremely blue. And if we want to continue to make this political we can’t leave out CA and their water and blackout failures.
Weird. The libs didn’t seem to bring up the whole California disaster that is impending. Third world country am I right WWJD?

Shocking take from the resident libs. Dem mayor. Dem potus. OBVIOUSLY it’s the governor’s fault.

Lumumba was elected mayor in June 2017 with 93% of the vote. The Nation commented that "Lumumba lit up the left press with his promise—delivered later that month in a speech at the People's Summit in Chicago—to make Jackson 'the most radical city on the planet.'”

Apparently a functioning water supply is even too radical for this mayor.

Shocking take from the resident libs. Dem mayor. Dem potus. OBVIOUSLY it’s the governor’s fault.

Lumumba was elected mayor in June 2017 with 93% of the vote. The Nation commented that "Lumumba lit up the left press with his promise—delivered later that month in a speech at the People's Summit in Chicago—to make Jackson 'the most radical city on the planet.'”

Apparently a functioning water supply is even too radical for this mayor.
But it certainly isn't the Dem governor's fault in California for their 'infrastructure' issues.

Reactions: DogBoyRy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT