ADVERTISEMENT

Jamaica

Bonnell20

HR All-State
Sep 6, 2016
DSM
Last year I won a trip for an all inclusive resort down in Jamaica and I was looking for recommendations on things to do, see, etc. Also if there are any resorts/places to stay away from.

Thanks ahead of time.

Are you young? If you are more mature stay away from Montego Bay. The last resort we went to was Sandals Southcoast. It's a bit of a chore to get to it, but it's magnificent. There are some interesting day trips, but the main attraction is it's got 2 miles of beaches to itself. We've been there twice and you never, ever feel pressed for space. The pools are nice, and all rooms face the ocean.
Beyond that it is standard Sandals food and drinks.

Are you young? If you are more mature stay away from Montego Bay. The last resort we went to was Sandals Southcoast. It's a bit of a chore to get to it, but it's magnificent. There are some interesting day trips, but the main attraction is it's got 2 miles of beaches to itself. We've been there twice and you never, ever feel pressed for space. The pools are nice, and all rooms face the ocean.
Beyond that it is standard Sandals food and drinks.

I'm young so no kids, just some buddies and I going on an adventure. I've heard to stay away from Montego Bay though. I'm probably aiming to make the trip next winter.

Did a catamaran cruise by the Hedonism resort. Looked like there were a bunch of beached whales and White Sea lions laying around. Did not give me the hornys. FWIW, I heard though from some guests at the resort we were at who had guess passes to Hedonism that come midnight, they just start throwing mattresses out on the dance floor.

What I remember the most were the giant crabs that came out of the water and went inland to mate (it was mating season apparently). Made the drive from MBJ to Negril dangerous as the driver swerved all over the place avoiding crabs.

Cliff diving in Negril was cool though. Sunsets on that side were incredible.

Went to Couples Tower Isle in Ocho Rios. It had a nude island and there were some nice ladies on it. Purchased about a 1/4 oz for $40. Overall satisfied with my stay but it wasn't for singles.

Also, how did you "win" this trip? I'm cautious and have heard negative stories about people that have won vacation vouchers.

Reactions: 3boysmom
Negril is quiet but best beaches. Ocho Rios has the falls, zip line, more off resort stuff. I liked Secrets in MoBay if you want to be closer to the airport.

Wife and I stayed at Secrets in MoBay for our 10 year anniversary....place was awesome

Did a catamaran cruise

giphy.gif

We've been to Sandals southcoast twice and secrets moba once. total we've been there 4 times. If you're not staying in Negril I'd take a day trip there, we're done that twice and it's just a good time to go to 7 mile beach and hit up Jimmy Buffets there and then go down to Ricks cafe for the sunset. You have to jump while at Rick's though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT