ADVERTISEMENT

Jaws being re released to theaters

Damn you! I've never seen it. You know full well I live under a rock.

You don't have to wait. Quint gets killed.

Jaws is one of those shocking movies that you have to see on the big screen to fully appreciate. Saving Private Ryan is another. Take somebody who has never seen the movie and watch her squirm in the seat.

Jaws is a very good movie. The acting is top-notch with Roy Scheider, Richard Dreyfuss and Robert Shaw. The music by John Williams is freaking great.

Reactions: bdoss
Yes, indeed. The movie is a thousand times better than the book.

Not sure about that. I read the paperback before the movie came out. I liked the book a lot.

Peter Benchley struck gold writing Jaws, and The Deep was also a good book After that was a book called The Island which sucked. I don't remember him writing anything else. His first two books were very good and I doubt he died poor.

Reactions: stickman80
Jaws 3 FTW.

Epic special effects and visuals....

jaws-3-1.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: QChawks
It'll only be worth the price of admission if they modernize it and add plenty of CGI, like they did with E.T. and Star Wars. Hopefully they replace the infamous "Fire, you son of a *****" scene and simply have Brody throw a walkie talkie into the shark's mouth instead. Maybe swap his wife's original hairstyle out for the updated version she wore in "Jaws: The Revenge", and have that hair coming at the audience in 3-D. And I'm sure they've already thought of this, but superimposing Jayden Smith in place of Sean in that heartwarming dinner table scene where he copies his dad's movements is a remake no-brainer.

Last edited:
I guess the question of the book is a matter of personal opinion. I thought it sucked.

The best thing(s) about "The Deep" belong to Jackie Bissett. Good movie otherwise, too, though.

The movie was a disaster waiting to happen. First-time director and they had nothing but troubles with the mechanical shark, which was nicknamed Bruce. In fact, one of the most-praised aspects of the film -- the fact that you don't actually see Bruce until far into the story -- was a decision made of necessity by Spielberg because the thing wouldn't work.

I dug the book. The Brody's wife/Hooper relationship was good. The scene in the book where the Brody's threw a dinner party and invited a girl for Hooper who turned out to be lesbian and Hooper claimed to Brody he was with her when Brody was getting suspicious of him banging his wife. The book was solid and the movie left out a lot of the meat of the story. The newpaper editor was a big part too and in the end he publicly exonerates Brody, who was being vilified by the town council.

Also..
Hooper dies in the book.

Last edited:
Jews make up such a huge part of Hollywood. I'm glad they are being re released to theaters.....

Jaws is one of those shocking movies that you have to see on the big screen to fully appreciate. Saving Private Ryan is another. Take somebody who has never seen the movie and watch her squirm in the seat.

Jaws is a very good movie. The acting is top-notch with Roy Scheider, Richard Dreyfuss and Robert Shaw. The music by John Williams is freaking great.
Are you IMDB?

I dug the book. The Brody's wife/Hooper relationship was good. The scene in the book where the Brody's threw a dinner party and invited a girl for Hooper who turned out to be lesbian and Hooper claimed to Brody he was with her when Brody was getting suspicious of him banging his wife. The book was solid and the movie left out a lot of the meat of the story. The newpaper editor was a big part too and in the end he publicly exonerates Brody, who was being vilified by the town council.

Also..
Hooper dies in the book.
Agreed. The book was more layered IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT