ADVERTISEMENT

Jaylon Gibson - 2020 Recruit

How does Fran make room for him? Does this mean Fran expects Garza to keep his name in? This is interesting.

I just mean that every time Iowa is recruiting a kid, this comes up. But with 2 sons on scholarship, this is very possible.

Agreed. Not sure why people freak out about this. If Garza comes back, Gibson could easily redshirt for a year and have open shot at playing time the following year, competing with Nunge and Ogundele. Iowa obviously liked Gibson a lot by offering him, they are familiar with his character and how he would fit in. You have a chance to improve the roster, you do so.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Probably has something to do with Wake Forest dismissing Danny Manning as their HBC.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Franisdaman
Does anyone have a current weight on Gibson?

We’ve been competing against those who can dangle the possibility that a final four is possible, with Garza back that’s a legit carrot to dangle. One more big gives that even more hope.

Does anyone have a current weight on Gibson?

We’ve been competing against those who can dangle the possibility that a final four is possible, with Garza back that’s a legit carrot to dangle. One more big gives that even more hope.

Exactly, Iowa has a lot to to sell including a possible Final Four, playing with the best big man in the country next year, and I think he’d get playing time as the third big man.

Gibson would be the most impressive 2020 recruit based on other offers including his initial offers prior to his commitment to WF.

Thanks for sharing video. Could see great length, good mobility, and even some pretty good ballhandling. That would be a good fit to Fran's up and down style. Could not tell from the video whether he has any shot. He looks like he could add strength, even if he probably wouldn't bulk up much. Right now, he would get pushed around near the basket in the B1G.

I'll be, well, you know...when we see him take the floor next season.

What else is Fran gonna say-"He's not playing next season"?

If they knew he wasn't playing next season...why wouldn't he? If his career was over, why not say it's over so other recruits understand that?

Exactly, Iowa has a lot to to sell including a possible Final Four, playing with the best big man in the country next year, and I think he’d get playing time as the third big man.

Gibson would be the most impressive 2020 recruit based on other offers including his initial offers prior to his commitment to WF.
JFC, lets keep the cart behind the horse.
Iowa has many very good parts and potential but once any team gets into the final 32 anything can happen for one game.

Reactions: BaldHawk4Life
If they knew he wasn't playing next season...why wouldn't he? If his career was over, why not say it's over so other recruits understand that?

They don't know if he's playing or not next season. One poster has said Fran said he is playing but I've seen nothing to that affect and I don't think Fran even knows 6 months from opening night. It's easier to keep that info from recruits when you have two sons that could be declared walk-ons to open up more schollys.

I understand it's a medical thing (privacy) and it's Fran's own son but it's not like he was very forthcoming with Patrick's condition this past season.

JFC, lets keep the cart behind the horse.
Iowa has many very good parts and potential but once any team gets into the final 32 anything can happen for one game.

Hence the use of the word “possible”

They don't know if he's playing or not next season. One poster has said Fran said he is playing but I've seen nothing to that affect and I don't think Fran even knows 6 months from opening night. It's easier to keep that info from recruits when you have two sons that could be declared walk-ons to open up more schollys.

I understand it's a medical thing (privacy) and it's Fran's own son but it's not like he was very forthcoming with Patrick's condition this past season.
McC has not dodged questions about PMac. Lots of stuff out there, especially earlier in the year. I just read a Gazette article from January that gave a lot of info. Maybe you just forgot?

Reactions: perryhawk
McC has not dodged questions about PMac. Lots of stuff out there, especially earlier in the year. I just read a Gazette article from January that gave a lot of info. Maybe you just forgot?

Could be-Living out of state I don't get much Hawkeye info outside of this site unless I go surfing for it which I don't do that often. Hope he does play-from just those 3 games he did play this past season you can see he has talent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT