ADVERTISEMENT

Jaz Shelly

StarHawk

All-Conference
May 27, 2019
Great player but have no respect for her non-basktball antics. Plain bush league....but the Nebraska culture has grown into a bush-league do anything to win environment.

So I notice 2 times Nebraska players after hitting 3s did the little face wave out to crowd. One was Shelly...maybe both times, but then when asked about this after game....she flat lies, stating oh thats just me signaling what defense we are in. Oh come on now, you really think people are that stupid?......that you gave a 2-second secret signal to teamates for defense? Own up to your taunting!.....how ever classeless AND unoriginal it was.

Part 2 of Jaz rant....

Bush league to purposely dart out in front of Hanna as she is trying to go back down court a couple of times when she was not expecting that (who would?) and then flop for refs sake.

The arena officials are also bush league and pathetic. Playing music during freethrows....and then a mocking tune on missed ones.
and now the Omaha Wierd Herald (or Nebraska Illustrated)....yellow journalism at its worst rag....has spent last couple of days bathing in the win and sniping at Bluder.

btw....I've never seen Bluder run at an opposing player as they are trying to shoot a 3 nearby and yell and hand clapping at them to try and distract like I saw Nebraska coach Williams do.

Great player but have no respect for her non-basktball antics. Plain bush league....but the Nebraska culture has grown into a bush-league do anything to win environment.

So I notice 2 times Nebraska players after hitting 3s did the little face wave out to crowd. One was Shelly...maybe both times, but then when asked about this after game....she flat lies, stating oh thats just me signaling what defense we are in. Oh come on now, you really think people are that stupid?......that you gave a 2-second secret signal to teamates for defense? Own up to your taunting!.....how ever classeless AND unoriginal it was.

Part 2 of Jaz rant....

Bush league to purposely dart out in front of Hanna as she is trying to go back down court a couple of times when she was not expecting that (who would?) and then flop for refs sake.

The arena officials are also bush league and pathetic. Playing music during freethrows....and then a mocking tune on missed ones.
and now the Omaha Wierd Herald (or Nebraska Illustrated)....yellow journalism at its worst rag....has spent last couple of days bathing in the win and sniping at Bluder.

btw....I've never seen Bluder run at an opposing player as they are trying to shoot a 3 nearby and yell and hand clapping at them to try and distract like I saw Nebraska coach Williams do.
That was straight out of the playbook of the Ohio State fan against Clark. And lots of people thought it was Clark's fault.

Part 2 of Jaz rant....

Right!! Rule 162 paragraph B of the NCAA handbook clearly states "there shall be no clapping at players on the court at any time." I cannot believe no infraction was noted by the officials who were clearly in the bag for Nebraska.

Last edited:
The Hawks know they let one slip away. 9 out of 10 times they beat the Huskers. If Caitlin had needed 55 to get the record that day, the Hawks win going away.

It does happen. Now, I am sure their team had a gut punch knowing that more then 1/2 of those in attendance and probably 95% plus watching on TV were because of Caitin and the Hawks. I mean, good grief, even the announcers were stunned by it all. They took over the arena!!! And, almost even more amazing is this stat......several of Iowa's REGULAR SEASON basketball games have come close to, or even exceeded the record TV viewership for the Texas/Huskers National Championship Vollyball game (which my Huskers friends crowed over at the time). I mean, although nobody cares about vollyball, except for the olympics, that was still a very watched event for womens sports.

It simply tells you that what we are all witnessing with Cailtin and the Hawks is historic in nature. Bravo Ladies!!!!!

Last edited:
What I find funny is the media in Nebraska is reporting the sell out was due to all the Nebraska fans going to the game to see Nebraska play and not because of CC22 and # 2 Iowa. The fanbase and media is delusional in that state. They live in fantasy land as that was the first and only sell out at “The Vault”.

Last edited:
The Hawks know they let one slip away. 9 out of 10 times they beat the Huskers. If Caitlin had needed 55 to get the record that day, the Hawks win going away.

It does happen. Now, I am sure their team had a gut punch knowing that more then 1/2 of those in attendance and proabably 95% plus watching on TV were because of Caitin and the Hawks. I mean, good grief, even the announcers were stunned by it all. They took over the arena!!! And, almost even more amazing is amazing stat.......that several of Iowa's REGULAR SEASON basketball games have come close to, or even exceeded the TV viewership for the Texas/Huskers National Championship Vollyball game. I mean, although nobody cares about vollyball, except for the olympics, That was a pretty watched event for womens sports. It simply tells you that what we are all witnessing with Cailtin and the Hawks is historic in nature. Bravo Ladies!!!!!
Thats why I thought it was funny when they interviewed the Nebraska coach after the game if she could have imagined the arena being full for a ladies game, and she started tearing up. Lol... Like it would have happened if Iowa and CC specifically weren't in the building. Don't get used to it coach........

The blindside roadblock for a foul is truly dangerous and can't believe it's a legal play for a defensive player.

I'd like to think if a defensive player is trying to blindside someone to get a charging call, that opposing player has a green light to run into them as fast and hard as they can. I'd think they would think twice about trying it again--assuming they don't get hurt in the process.

Of course, can't do anything about a flop in that situation.

The blindside roadblock for a foul is truly dangerous and can't believe it's a legal play for a defensive player.

I'd like to think if a defensive player is trying to blindside someone to get a charging call, that opposing player has a green light to run into them as fast and hard as they can. I'd think they would think twice about trying it again--assuming they don't get hurt in the process.

They may as well, just do a way with the flop rule. I haven't seen it called ONCE this year, and it happens countless times every game.....

Thats why I thought it was funny when they interviewed the Nebraska coach after the game if she could have imagined the arena being full for a ladies game, and she started tearing up. Lol... Like it would have happened if Iowa and CC specifically weren't in the building. Don't get used to it coach........
I actually laughed at that! She teared up because 65%+ of her staduim was full of Hawk fans. 😂

Part 2 of Jaz rant....

It'd be nice if they still had to come back to Carver.

Reactions: VodkaSam

A few years ago, a Drake WBB player did this to UNI's Megan Maas, who tore her ACL. The coaches (Warren and Baranczyk) had a very animated discussion after the game.

It should be a foul on the player trying to draw the foul uf they do not give more than two strides to the person they are trying draw the foul on. Basically like a charging call.

Personnally, I think it is bush league to do that in the backcourt.

And maybe they should make a rule that any backcourt efforts to draw a charge are a foul and tech on the player who tries to instigate the contact. Never liked it

Pretty Caitlyn-esque to nail that late 4thQ 3PT shot to take their first lead. She is a clutch player ..that cheap block on Hannah notwithstanding.

Reactions: Allaroundfan
What I find funny is the media in Nebraska is reporting the sell out was due to all the Nebraska fans going to the game to see Nebraska play and not because of CC22 and # 2 Iowa. The fanbase and media is delusional in that state.
Doesn't Nebbie sellout every athletic event?

Lonely Euro Cup GIF by UEFA

Nebraska is a rivalry/border game and Bluder better have a good recruiting class coming in if CC leaves. Nebbie has a top recruiting class coming in led by Britt Prince. I've never seen a better HS girls BB player live(never saw CC in HS). I'm really excited to see what Coach Bluder will do in the portal. They need some inside big's and will be hurting for perimeter shooting if CC goes to the WNBA. It will be very interesting to see how it all plays out.

Nebraska is a rivalry/border game and Bluder better have a good recruiting class coming in if CC leaves. Nebbie has a top recruiting class coming in led by Britt Prince. I've never seen a better HS girls BB player live(never saw CC in HS). I'm really excited to see what Coach Bluder will do in the portal. They need some inside big's and will be hurting for perimeter shooting if CC goes to the WNBA. It will be very interesting to see how it all plays out.
Obviously you have no idea about the 24 class already coming in. Very nice class with 6'4" Ava Heiden at the post. Guyton (Indiana star AJ Guytons daughter) was a great prospect but may miss part of next season. It appears her knee injury was not an ACL so maybe not. All told 4 top 100 prospects. Heiden #36. Guyton #57, Mallegni #64, Stremlow #88th, and Callie Levin another solid guard. The CC years may be over, but Iowa's not going anywhere. May not be an elite 8 type team as we've had most of the the last 6 years back through the Gus and Clark years, but they'll compete.

Obviously you have no idea about the 24 class already coming in. Very nice class with 6'4" Ava Heiden at the post. Guyton (Indiana star AJ Guytons daughter) was a great prospect but may miss part of next season. It appears her knee injury was not an ACL so maybe not. All told 4 top 100 prospects. Heiden #36. Guyton #57, Mallegni #64, Stremlow #88th, and Callie Levin another solid guard. The CC years may be over, but Iowa's not going anywhere. May not be an elite 8 type team as we've had most of the the last 6 years back through the Gus and Clark years, but they'll compete.
Add in Maddie Greenway in three years since she is a soph in high school if she chooses Iowa plus her sisters and the future is bright for Iowa women’s bball. She could be a clone of CC22 with 3,000 points already in her high school career.

Pretty Caitlyn-esque to nail that late 4thQ 3PT shot to take their first lead. She is a clutch player ..that cheap block on Hannah notwithstanding.
Two cheap blocks. Not to mentuon no calls on numerous fouls against the Hawks but then a call on Gabby where she was 6 inches away. The old, grey haired ref was definitely in the bag.

There is a lot of fuzzy math once you enter the State of Nebraska.😂
I really, really hope they don’t have any kind of plaque hung on their stadium walls touting their consecutive ‘home sellout’ record?!?! They are aware that it is farce, right?🤪

Add in Maddie Greenway in three years since she is a soph in high school if she chooses Iowa plus her sisters and the future is bright for Iowa women’s bball. She could be a clone of CC22 with 3,000 points already in her high school career.
Sure, BUT I was talking about incoming recruits already signed not hypotheticals.....And just as a frame of reference lets not start comparing ANY future recruits to be the next CC. Very unfair. First Clark is a 6' point guard and MG is 5'8". Second MG looks to be a very good player, but those 3000 points are with her already playing FOUR years in high school, so she'll put up some crazy numbers, but still some perspective.

Last edited:
Yes, they have always struggled scoring and shooting 3s befor CC🤦

Sure, BUT I was talking about incoming recruits already signed not hypotheticals.....And just as a frame of reference lets not start comparing ANY future recruits to be the next CC. Very unfair. First Clark is a 6' point guard and MG is 5'8". Second MG looks to be a very good player, but those 3000 points are with her already playing FOUR years in high school, so she'll put up some crazy numbers, but still some perspective.
waiting for her growth spurt....

Role Playing Reaction GIF by Hyper RPG

Nebraska getting schooled tonight at Ohio State. They're behind by 30 in the 3rd quarter. Watching this game on Peacock and can't believe we somehow lost to them - they're not a good team.
Obviously you realize that every game is different. How did OSU lose three games before us, OR Maryland gave us all we can handle and they looked like shit most of the year. We've said this before Iowa will get everybody's BEST game. Another feature of the CC effect...

You think she won’t go to Iowa with Chad Greenway as her father? And you answered your own question with a soph that’s been playing at the varsity level for four years and still growing as a 16 year old.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT