ADVERTISEMENT

JBo Health Updates & Questions/Answers on Redshirting & the Medical Redshirt

So if Jordan decides to test the waters this pre-season, how many games could he participate in while still safely retaining the option to shut it down and take the medical?,... anybody know for sure?

Reactions: Franisdaman
So if Jordan decides to test the waters this pre-season, how many games could he participate in while still safely retaining the option to shut it down and take the medical?,... anybody know for sure?

I believe it is still.....cannot play in the 2nd half of the season and cannot play in more than 30% of the team's games.

Reactions: iabcuda
I believe it is still.....cannot play in the 2nd half of the season and cannot play in more than 30% of the team's games.

OK thanks,... I see (10) non conference games on the schedule, so if that's correct then Jordan should be able to play in (3) of those games without losing the chance to still medical red shirt....

OK thanks,... I see (10) non conference games on the schedule, so if that's correct then Jordan should be able to play in (3) of those games without losing the chance to still medical red shirt....

Wouldn’t he get to play in all 10 pre-conference games? Iowa has at least 30 games total.

Reactions: unclesammy
Shouldn’t he play in games 6 thru 14? He will get 2 more weeks to be physically ready and competition ramps up.

I doubt that it will take 9 games to determine if JBO is healthy enough to play the season. If he plays to January he will likely play the entire season. Then again, if he experiences pain and discomfort playing a few games at the start of the season or whenever he begins playing he will likely shut things down rather quickly.

Shouldn’t he play in games 6 thru 14? He will get 2 more weeks to be physically ready and competition ramps up.

If I'm reading the NCAA Rules correctly, if he plays in the second half of the season, he would be out. Anything before that, up to the 30%, and he would be eligible for the hardship waiver (it's not a redshirt).

Reactions: skydog0784
I doubt that it will take 9 games to determine if JBO is healthy enough to play the season. If he plays to January he will likely play the entire season. Then again, if he experiences pain and discomfort playing a few games at the start of the season or whenever he begins playing he will likely shut things down rather quickly.
Taking the jess settles approach to the big ten 3pt record lol

Reactions: 2432Hawk
he's looking fast in practice ;)

EGhiSFxWwAAE7cf

Yup, if he waits until Las Vegas he would basically have an additional 3 weeks. Seems like a smart idea to me.

ADVERTISEMENT