ADVERTISEMENT

New Story Jensen is one to watch in 2017

Apr 8, 2003
Jensen is one to watch in 2017
Blair Sanderson | Editor

wk11kyt5elmmdxqmwgh2

Class of 2017 offensive lineman Nash Jensen attended Iowa's junior day on Sunday.

At 6-foot-5 and 329 pounds, Class of 2017 prospect Nash Jensen not only has great size, but also the athleticism to play tight end when called upon at Osseo High School in Minnesota. Jensen already has an early scholarship offer from Wyoming and interest from several other schools, including the Iowa Hawkeyes, who had him on campus this past weekend for a junior day visit. We caught with him afterwards to talk about the trip, the latest on his recruiting, and much more.

Q: What were the highlights of the Iowa visit for you?

JENSEN: Seeing their facilities for the first time was a great experience. They really take care of their players and their weight room is second to none.

Q: Who did you talk with coaching wise and what they did have to say?

JENSEN: I didn’t have much time to talk to the offensive line coach because he was speaking with some other guys who were offered and guys who were higher on their recruit board I guess. But I think their coaches are great and they are very gelled together as a staff.

Q: What's your overall impression of Iowa right now?

JENSEN: My impression of Iowa is that it is an amazing school and an amazing football program. It would be an honor to go to their camp this summer and receive an offer.

Q: Which schools are showing the most interest right now?

JENSEN: I have an offer from Wyoming. Other schools showing the most interest are Minnesota, Iowa State, and NDSU.

Q: What's next recruiting wise? Where do you visit next?

JENSEN: I’m going to be visiting a couple more schools for spring practices like Minnesota, Iowa State, Wyoming, and hopefully I can schedule one with Iowa so I can talk to their staff more. I am going on an unofficial visit to NDSU on March 25th to see their facilities and get to know the coaching staff and possibly going to Syracuse to meet their staff and see their facilities. Recruiting wise, I think I’m going to have to step my game up with getting my name out there because I feel I am underrated right now. But I know my time will come.

See highlights from Jensen's junior year in the video below.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News