ADVERTISEMENT

Jewell Article - Oustanding!

How long before hawkeye heaven post this on their Facebook page??? They come here for their stories they post

Indeed a great article on a great guy. I don’t know what kind of NFL career he will have, but he is already All-Pro in my book.

The stars that these sites give are a complete joke after the first 50-60 players. If you buy into it then you are exactly who they are looking for. It is one of the greatest business plans out there for these college websites. Kids, parents and most of all fans buy into it and it produces millions of dollars. If you only knew how many street agents are out there pushing their kids to these websites. The more kids they get ranked up there...then the more clients they get. See how it works...its a business and it isn't for you unless you want to pay up to feel good about yourself.

It is comical how most think college coaches get on websites and say...."lets see how many stars this kid has....oh he has 4, then lets offer him." No offense to anyone that is on Rivals but the amount of college coaching and legit talent-to-scheme evaluation these dudes have done can fit in a thimble. A prime example is Keyshawn Johnson being one of the biggest street agents out there. He constantly called sites to write stories on his kid...who was average but got "stars" because of it. He funneled him and other WR clients to Nebbie because of his college relationship with Riley....obviously it has blown up and most of his clients have moved on because they were exposed. A bunch of paper tigers....but keep believing. I will trust the thousands of football coaches that tell fans over and over again that it is garbage.

Said before Iowa finished with a better record last year than 25+ teams ranked ahead of them in the "star rankings". The Alabama and Georgia's of the world are on a different level. Iowa will NEVER be there so get over it. They will scoop up most of the top 50-60 players with a sprinkling of one here and there. I will take the Iowa football model over most that are in that tier 2.

Reactions: nu2u
The stars that these sites give are a complete joke after the first 50-60 players. If you buy into it then you are exactly who they are looking for. It is one of the greatest business plans out there for these college websites. Kids, parents and most of all fans buy into it and it produces millions of dollars. If you only knew how many street agents are out there pushing their kids to these websites. The more kids they get ranked up there...then the more clients they get. See how it works...its a business and it isn't for you unless you want to pay up to feel good about yourself.

It is comical how most think college coaches get on websites and say...."lets see how many stars this kid has....oh he has 4, then lets offer him." No offense to anyone that is on Rivals but the amount of college coaching and legit talent-to-scheme evaluation these dudes have done can fit in a thimble. A prime example is Keyshawn Johnson being one of the biggest street agents out there. He constantly called sites to write stories on his kid...who was average but got "stars" because of it. He funneled him and other WR clients to Nebbie because of his college relationship with Riley....obviously it has blown up and most of his clients have moved on because they were exposed. A bunch of paper tigers....but keep believing. I will trust the thousands of football coaches that tell fans over and over again that it is garbage.

Said before Iowa finished with a better record last year than 25+ teams ranked ahead of them in the "star rankings". The Alabama and Georgia's of the world are on a different level. Iowa will NEVER be there so get over it. They will scoop up most of the top 50-60 players with a sprinkling of one here and there. I will take the Iowa football model over most that are in that tier 2.
You claim that they "never matter"...and that's your prerogative. I feel that is hyperbolic because you can only point to a handful of players that far exceeded their star ranking like Jewell. The vast majority tend to live up to their rankings.

You know one guy who would disagree with you when it comes to the importance of "stars" is the guy in your avatar. ;)

Not only did Josey make a huge impact on Iowa Hawkeye football he change the way of many Iowa High School kids thinking.So many Iowa kids walking on I believe is a direct result of JJ accomplishments. Plus I believe the coaching staff is effected by his accomplishments. Bo Bower too

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT