ADVERTISEMENT

Jim Irsay: Victim

McLovin32

HR Legend
Feb 1, 2008
He said the only reason he got pulled over in 2014 is because he's a white billionaire, lulz. I swear, this world is coming for us whites, it's gonna get ugly. Especially for the richest white people.

Jim Irsay cites status as 'white billionaire' for 2014 arrest

Nov 22, 2023, 09:11 AM ET

Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay said his 2014 arrest for operating a vehicle while intoxicated was a result of police prejudice against him for being "a rich, white billionaire."
Irsay discussed the circumstances of his arrest as part of a wide-ranging interview with HBO Sports. The longtime Colts owner pleaded guilty in September 2014 to one misdemeanor count of operating a vehicle while intoxicated.
When asked why he pleaded guilty, Irsay responded: "Just to get it over with."
"I am prejudiced against because I'm a rich, white billionaire," Irsay said during the interview, which aired Tuesday night. "If I'm just the average guy down the block, they're not pulling me in, of course not."
Irsay was asked how he thought his assertion would be received.
"I don't care what it sounds like," Irsay said. "It's the truth. ... I could give a damn what people think how anything sounds or sounds like. The truth is the truth, and I know the truth."

Police in the Indianapolis suburb of Carmel pulled Irsay over in March 2014 after he was spotted driving slowly, stopping in the roadway and failing to use a turn signal. Officers said he had trouble reciting the alphabet and failed other field sobriety tests.
Irsay, when asked whether the arrest was a "low point" for him, told HBO Sports that he failed the field sobriety tests because he was just coming off hip surgery.
"The arrest was wrong," he said. "I had just had hip surgery, and had been in the car for 45 minutes. And what -- they asked me to walk the line? Are you kidding me? I can barely walk at all."
Irsay was asked by HBO Sports to clarify his assertion that he failed the sobriety tests because of the hip surgery, not because he was under the influence.
"Yes, I mean I'm not saying that -- it's a fact," he responded.
Police discovered various prescription drugs in Irsay's vehicle along with more than $29,000 in cash. A toxicology report showed Irsay had the painkillers oxycodone and hydrocodone as well as alprazolam, which is used to treat anxiety, in his system at the time of his arrest.
The Carmel Police Department said in a statement Tuesday to The Indianapolis Star that it was "very sorry to hear" Irsay's accusation of police prejudice against him.
"We have a very professional agency consisting of officers that strive to protect our community with integrity and professionalism," Carmel Police Lt. D.J. Schoeff wrote in an email to The Indianapolis Star.
Irsay, 64, has publicly discussed his battle with addiction on numerous occasions. He told HBO Sports that "addiction and alcoholism is a fatal disease."

Wonder what his blood alcohol level was? Unless he was just f*cked up on the painkillers….?
My understanding is that's what the issue was. This article is from when it happened, and has a few more details. Also mentions he was driving a Toyota Highlander, which is not what I expected lol.

"Irsay agreed at the scene to take a portable breath test, though the result of that test was redacted in the records obtained by The Star. Irsay denied having consumed any alcohol, according to the arresting officer, who told a supervisor called to the scene that he "believed Irsay to be intoxicated on a substance other than alcohol."

""I observed a vehicle traveling east bound that appeared to be traveling at approximately 10 mph in a 35 mph zone," the officer wrote in his report."

"The inventory turned up $14,516 in the briefcase, $2,513 in Irsay's wallet and $12,000 in one of two "laundry" bags on the passenger's side floorboard, according to police records. In addition to the pills found in Irsay's briefcase, reports said they found more pills in bottles located in the two bags.

"Records list 11 pieces of evidence under the notation of "drugs/prescription," but it is not clear if that means 11 pills or 11 different types of pills."

Reactions: This_Hawk_Abides
What a cracker!
jim gordon sob GIF by Gotham

Wonder what his blood alcohol level was? Unless he was just f*cked up on the painkillers….?
The dude is upset the he was pulled over at all. They had every reason to pull him over, even if just to ask if he was okay. You can look at his alcohol and drug ravaged face and probably correctly assume that he was not good to drive on that night. Drive intoxicated and deal with the consequences. I don’t find is white billionaire remarks that disturbing, I find them stupid. We all billionaires on this board and we’re not getting pulled over for that. I don’t like his bullshit towards driving intoxicated. Take the hit and do better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT