ADVERTISEMENT

Jody Foster quote from a Guardian Interview/relating to Gen Z:

Titus Andronicus

HR Legend
Gold Member
Sep 26, 2002
Las Vegas, NV
She said, "They’re really annoying, especially in the workplace."

She continued, stating, "They’re like, ‘Nah, I’m not feeling it today, I’m gonna come in at 10.30am.’ Or, like, in emails, I’ll tell them this is all grammatically incorrect, did you not check your spelling? And they’re like, ‘Why would I do that, isn’t that kind of limiting?’"

She also gets into what it is like to raise two sons as a woman with a wife and some other topical issues, but the above thoughts were the highlight.

Original article source: Jodie Foster says Gen Zers can be ‘really annoying’ to work with, claims they can’t even write a proper email

She continued, stating, "They’re like, ‘Nah, I’m not feeling it today, I’m gonna come in at 10.30am.’ Or, like, in emails, I’ll tell them this is all grammatically incorrect, did you not check your spelling? And they’re like, ‘Why would I do that, isn’t that kind of limiting?’"

She also gets into what it is like to raise two sons as a woman with a wife and some other topical issues, but the above thoughts were the highlight.

Original article source: Jodie Foster says Gen Zers can be ‘really annoying’ to work with, claims they can’t even write a proper email

Not a fan of generalizations.

Every generation is more alike than they're are different.

We just age and see things differently.

Not a fan of generalizations.

Every generation is more alike than they're are different.

We just age and see things differently.
Would you promote a person who could not write a letter or an email?

Miss Foster, along with her wife is raising two sons who see the world through a lens similar to her own, but my guess is that they will ultimately thrive because of it.

I still would, even though she wouldn't... That's an incredibly fit 60 when they filmed Nyad.

VV_Thanksgiving_Jodie.jpg

The good thing is that they're easily ignored in the workplace because they avoid interacting with people, don't like writing, can't show up on time or at all, can't be reached during or outside of work hours, etc.

like "nah im not feeling it" annoying or "grammar in their emails" annoying?

I just don't see much breadth in her work. She seems like whiner that is now pissed that she is getting to the age that she can't get the roles she once could. Happens to a lot of people.

• Haha
Reactions: peacehawk
Once again the older generation is disappointed in the younger generation and their lack of effort nowadays. Luckily the younger generation also knows the older generation is why everything sucks now.

Rinse and repeat this until we are all dead.

It’s Jodie, not Jody. You should take her advice and check your spelling.

Once again the older generation is disappointed in the younger generation and their lack of effort nowadays. Luckily the younger generation also knows the older generation is why everything sucks now.

Rinse and repeat this until we are all dead.
Like nah fam, I b gud tho n stuf

Fur real bro.

• Haha
Reactions: Moral and Flie
The good thing is that they're easily ignored in the workplace because they avoid interacting with people, don't like writing, can't show up on time or at all, can't be reached during or outside of work hours, etc.
Agree with everything except being reached outside of work hours. That’s my time.

Reactions: millah_22
Btw, if you don't think this is a good example of the vast majority of the types of texts and tweets by Gen Z and younger, then you're not paying attention/don't care and can't really factually comment on the subject...................thanks for playing though. :D

Strange. We have some Gen Z people at work and none of them talk like that and they all send and receive emails. I'll bring this matter to their attention tomorrow. Maybe I will challenge one of them to write a letter.

Strange. We have some Gen Z people at work and none of them talk like that and they all send and receive emails. I'll bring this matter to their attention tomorrow. Maybe I will challenge one of them to write a letter.
And I appreciate you sticking up for your fellow Gen Z co-workers that are factually in the minority if I didn't make that clear.................

Please do go through the effort to have them write a letter. I'll get my people to evaluate them in due time. :)

Reactions: Moral
Every young generation since the dawn of time. This too shall pass and they will grow up

Reactions: Flie
And I appreciate you sticking up for your fellow Gen Z co-workers that are factually in the minority if I didn't make that clear.................

Please do go through the effort to have them write a letter. I'll get my people to evaluate them in due time. :)

I asked one of them first thing if they could write a letter to me. I made up a reason that somewhat made sense although probably not first thing on a Monday. After some back and forth, they assured me they were quite capable of writing a letter ("my ancestors used to do such things") but that they weren't going to do it and couldn't remember the last time they wrote a letter. To be honest, I can't remember the last time I wrote an actual letter and I'm gen X. No cap.

I remember gen X'ers being viewed similarly when we entered the workforce. Waste of space, don't know how to communicate, using slang the old people didn't understand, too absorbed in the internet, not caring enough about our jobs etc...

Millennials were viewed the same way if not worse. Remember when everyone was complaining about millennials in the workplace? Graduating with their three year business admin degrees and immediately demanding six figure salaries as if they were owed something like that. They wanted to skip the earning your dues part and jump straight to the seasoned veteran status. Frequently talking about how they weren't going to waste their lives in 40 hour per week office jobs like the previous generations. "No thanks bruh, I choose life" and then wondered why they weren't earning what Boomers and Gen X were making.

I asked one of them first thing if they could write a letter to me. I made up a reason that somewhat made sense although probably not first thing on a Monday. After some back and forth, they assured me they were quite capable of writing a letter ("my ancestors used to do such things") but that they weren't going to do it and couldn't remember the last time they wrote a letter. To be honest, I can't remember the last time I wrote an actual letter and I'm gen X. No cap.

I remember gen X'ers being viewed similarly when we entered the workforce. Waste of space, don't know how to communicate, using slang the old people didn't understand, too absorbed in the internet, not caring enough about our jobs etc...

Millennials were viewed the same way if not worse. Remember when everyone was complaining about millennials in the workplace? Graduating with their three year business admin degrees and immediately demanding six figure salaries as if they were owed something like that. They wanted to skip the earning your dues part and jump straight to the seasoned veteran status. Frequently talking about how they weren't going to waste their lives in 40 hour per week office jobs like the previous generations. "No thanks bruh, I choose life" and then wondered why they weren't earning what Boomers and Gen X were making.
I remember being questioned about killing every industry when I was 22 years old and in a recession.

What experience does Jodie Foster have in “the workplace”?

This is so moronic. How in the hell is being on a set, making a movie (in a lot of instance, leading the production of it) not considered a workplace?

I asked one of them first thing if they could write a letter to me. After some back and forth, they assured me they were quite capable of writing a letter but that they weren't going to do it and couldn't remember the last time they wrote a letter.
See?

Lazy bastards.......

Also, csb ong :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT