ADVERTISEMENT

Joe T is a junkyard dog

He changed the entire complexion of the game; as he has several times this season since playing with the second unit. He seems like one of those that performs better after studying the flow of the game, the opponent's key player's tire, etc.

He should have played even more today actually. Joe T, Saucy T, and Payton S were absolutely exceptional today!

Last edited:
People talk about him hitting the portal, but this is always how he looks. I love this kid.

I love him, too. He's always passionate no matter what, a one-man storm. This whole group of Hawkeyes, absolutely love them. The 86-87 Hawkeyes have been my favorite Hawkeye team almost all my life, but these guys are my new favorites no matter what happens in the tournament. Maybe it's recency bias, I don't know, but no other Hawkeye team ever made me think they were better or more fun than the 86-87 team. This one is even more fun. I mean, really, haven't you felt yourself becoming a bit more joyful over the past six weeks. These guys are a gift. :)

Interesting picture from his visit to Iowa City ...

That's Xavier Foster, TJD, Patrick, and Joe T ...

DmmgzR7U0AATN46

I thought Joe T to PMac would be more of thing after last season, but we did see a little of it today. Both like to get out and run.

Reactions: Nohawknamesleft
People talk about him hitting the portal, but this is always how he looks. I love this kid.

I haven't really been hearing any of this.

I know we won. I am not trying to complain and Fran has done a great job. Joe T needs more minutes! This guy might be the best interior defender we have. It's insane how many times he rips bigs.

I haven't really been hearing any of this.

I know we won. I am not trying to complain and Fran has done a great job. Joe T needs more minutes! This guy might be the best interior defender we have. It's insane how many times he rips bigs.
If he only had a reliable 3 point shot and was about 2 inches taller.
His offensive game needs more improvement to stay on the floor longer in my opinion.

If he only had a reliable 3 point shot and was about 2 inches taller.
His offensive game needs more improvement to stay on the floor longer in my opinion.
He doesn't pass the eye test at point guard for me right now. His dribbling can be strange and his decision making sometimes is suspect. He does keep his defender honest with his quick (sometimes erratic) movements
, and he's usually good for a couple of steals or at least making the person he's guarding make a bad decision due to his quick pressure.

I hope he sticks around and keeps working on his game as I love his motor.

Reactions: Nohawknamesleft
He did really good today pulling it back out when he wasn’t “feeling”. In the past he would of charged forward and pushed it anyways.

I would not be surprised if Grandma has some grandma advice when he went to the 2nd string-something along the lines of you don’t quit.

Reactions: WestCoastHawkI
Love his energy and it’s contagious. He enters and it’s like a switch is thrown and the D locks down which opens up the full court O. It’s a special team when they can dictate the pace and get out and run.

He may seem to be out of control sometimes but I’ll take what he’s bringing to the court every game because he’s making their point guard uncomfortable. And when he gets bored shadowing them, he dabbles in picking the bigs. Fun to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT