ADVERTISEMENT

Joensy's Shuts in Center Point.

Daughters are fantastic athletes and very nice people. Same goes for the wife. The guy was very polite to us. I don’t doubt the stories that was our experience.

Used to love stopping by Joensy's as a kid when we visited family in Iowa.
Still enjoyable 5+ years ago from a nostalgia standpoint...but my most recent experience about 3 years ago was awful. This doesn't surprise me.

I did not realize there was more than one location. Call me crazy, but I like getting a tenderloin from the IC location. The old man has his issues, but family is all very nice people, and I personally have only had positive interactions with the father.

Reactions: GOHOX69
The worst tenderloin I’ve ever had came from joensys. The Caseys tenderloin is even better. That is one terrible piece of meat.

I tried Jonseys in Solon once after being told how awesome they were. It just proved to me that a lot of people have shitty taste in food. It was a pounded out, paper thin, piece of gristle. This and the stories of how nasty the place was and what a lunatic the father is gives me no reason to give the IC location a chance, other than possibly walking in with a Jimmy John's and asking to use his restroom the day after the Iowa ladies beat his daughters.

In the Iowa City/Tiffin/NL area I have found Tin Roost, Shakespeare's, and Jon's Ice Cream shop to have the best loins.

I tried Jonseys in Solon once after being told how awesome they were. It just proved to me that a lot of people have shitty taste in food. It was a pounded out, paper thin, piece of gristle. This and the stories of how nasty the place was and what a lunatic the father is gives me no reason to give the IC location a chance, other than possibly walking in with a Jimmy John's and asking to use his restroom the day after the Iowa ladies beat his daughters.

In the Iowa City/Tiffin/NL area I have found Tin Roost, Shakespeare's, and Jon's Ice Cream shop to have the best loins.
Don’t forget to wear Hawkeye gear head to toes.

That is one terrible piece of meat.

AdeptFarBlackandtancoonhound-size_restricted.gif

Pub on the cedar in Charles city and the pub on the pinicon in new hampton are two of the best tenderloin places in the state.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT