ADVERTISEMENT

John Smith Retires

Iowa should recruit Chris Perry!
Does the state have enough support beams to keep the floor from collapsing?

giphy.gif

I always thought he presented a classy image for the sport - in interviews and such that is. I know a lot of people complain about him being a whiner, but he seemed all class to me.
I wonder if he knew that he was only 2 dual meet victories away from Harold Nichols as the number 2 winningest coach. He may have stayed another year just to move into the number 2 spot. Kidding of course.

I really don't mean to derail this thread sorry if it does in advance.

I think of John Smith the same as TnT great coaches and I don't think there really is a lot of suitable coaches to take over legendary programs. That being said TnT probably do have a couple of years left and here wishing for the best for both programs.🍻

Respect the heck out of Coach Smith. They should give him the visiting coaches seat from carver as a retirement gift. Make the new one orange with a plaque on the bottom side in his honor.

• Wow
Reactions: Kinnick 4 Prez
I've seen him wrestle a few times in person and he was so slick and just lightning fast. I never appreciated his edge of the mat style but it worked for him and he won Gold so hats off to him for all that he has done for the sport.

Im going to miss him and Terry going at it. They had some pretty entertaining side action at the Cowboy/Hawk meets.

Reactions: T8KUDWN
I just watched the press conference of his retirement. It was pretty touching and poignant (some of the cess poolians may have to look that word up).

It can be found on the OK State wrestling forum and if I was smart enough to post it over here, I would.

Reactions: Aleric1
I just watched the press conference of his retirement. It was pretty touching and poignant (some of the cess poolians may have to look that word up).

It can be found on the OK State wrestling forum and if I was smart enough to post it over here, I would.
Now I know who to invite into the woods if I'm ever chased by a grizzly. I only have to be faster than my companion. 😂

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT