ADVERTISEMENT

John Wayne Airport To Be Renamed

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts...torious-playboy-interview-goes-viral-twitter/

“I believe in white supremacy,” he said, and spoke harshly about African Americans, saying, “We can’t all of a sudden get down on our knees and turn everything over to the leadership of the blacks.”

“I don’t believe in giving authority and positions of leadership and judgment to irresponsible people,” he said.

Of slavery, he said that he didn’t feel any guilt about the U.S. history.

“I don’t feel guilty about the fact that five or 10 generations ago these people were slaves,” he said. “Now, I’m not condoning slavery. It’s just a fact of life, like the kid who gets infantile paralysis and has to wear braces so he can’t play football with the rest of us.”

And he spoke harshly about Native Americans when asked whether he felt any empathy for them, given the centrality many of them played in the Westerns he had worked on.

“I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them, if that's what you're asking,” Wayne said. “Our so-called stealing of this country from them was just a matter of survival. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts...torious-playboy-interview-goes-viral-twitter/

“I believe in white supremacy,” he said, and spoke harshly about African Americans, saying, “We can’t all of a sudden get down on our knees and turn everything over to the leadership of the blacks.”

“I don’t believe in giving authority and positions of leadership and judgment to irresponsible people,” he said.

“I don’t feel guilty about the fact that five or 10 generations ago these people were slaves,” he said. “Now, I’m not condoning slavery. It’s just a fact of life, like the kid who gets infantile paralysis and has to wear braces so he can’t play football with the rest of us.”

And he spoke harshly about Native Americans when asked whether he felt any empathy for them, given the centrality many of them played in the Westerns he had worked on.

“I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them, if that's what you're asking,” Wayne said. “Our so-called stealing of this country from them was just a matter of survival. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.”
Sheezus... what an asshole.

The American Indian tribes were
mistreated by Washington D.C.
by broken treaties, broken promises
and broken hearts.

"Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee"
by Dee Brown is an honest Indian
history of the American West.

Bottom Line: No one has accused
John Wayne of being a history scholar.

I guess the next target will be the Ford Motor Co. After all, he was a fan of the Nazis, and especially admired Hitler, to the point that one time he had a framed portrait of him behind his office desk.

Can't be driving Nazi cars and trucks, amirite?

I guess the next target will be the Ford Motor Co. After all, he was a fan of the Nazis, and especially admired Hitler, to the point that one time he had a framed portrait of him behind his office desk.

I wouldn't be surprised.

Reactions: Hendy hawk
I hope they go back to the original name: Orange County Airport.

Actually every airport out there should reflect the name of the community or area it serves.

I can however foresee endless debate and argument over the new name.

Reactions: goldmom and Nipigu

I believe he also received the highest German medal that they gave to Civilians. I also believe he sued the US government for bombing his partially owned factories in Germany after the war.

So, there is that.

Not gay - that has to be satire based on his film persona.
Not a great actor but by no means worse than average. He was the most popular male actor for years and the studios knew how his fans wanted to see him (and how to sell tickets).

Some of his best performances-

Red River
The Searchers
The Quiet Man

I think it is very important to note here that Winterset is west of I-35.

He was also viciously anti-Semitic.

Reactions: seminoleed
Rename it the John Nguyen airport. Everyone wins.

Better:

Lil Jon Airport

nfz0aeeupyb21.jpg

nfz0aeeupyb21.jpg

Lil-Jon-Okay-lol-38594234-400-400.png

Reactions: LesClaypool
Chuck D: “Elvis was a hero to most/But he never meant s— to me/Straight up racist that sucker was/Simple and plain.”

Flava Flav: “Motherf— him and John Wayne.”

Reactions: HotelAlphaWilcoKilo
Chuck D: “Elvis was a hero to most/But he never meant s— to me/Straight up racist that sucker was/Simple and plain.”

Flava Flav: “Motherf— him and John Wayne.”
Chuck D recanted his thoughts on Elvis, but not John Wayne.

I believe he also received the highest German medal that they gave to Civilians. I also believe he sued the US government for bombing his partially owned factories in Germany after the war.

So, there is that.

And he was a draft dodger just like Drumpf. The only “excuse” some people use was that it wasn’t cowardice like Drumpf but because he had just started an affair with Marlene Dietrich and was madly in love/lust for her. But it could have also been because he supported the Germans and/or cowardice.

Maximum chill.

Yeah you saw it years ago with Disney

So, getting rid of LBJ and Margaret Sanger stuff is way overdue then.

And he was a draft dodger just like Drumpf. The only “excuse” some people use was that it wasn’t cowardice like Drumpf but because he had just started an affair with Marlene Dietrich and was madly in love/lust for her. But it could have also been because he supported the Germans and/or cowardice.

Wut? That makes no sense at all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT