ADVERTISEMENT

Joined 8 months ago...

Freyvet

HR All-State
Oct 31, 2015
Wasnt-drunk-didnt-troll joined 8 months ago, posts 2,500+ times on this message board during this period and has the nerve to call Iowa's AD and coaches idiots. Anyone else see the irony in this??

Wasnt-drunk-didnt-troll joined 8 months ago, posts 2,500+ times on this message board during this period and has the nerve to call Iowa's AD and coaches idiots. Anyone else see the irony in this??
That averages out to about 10 posts a day. A lot of them seem to be informative (recruiting updates, etc.). There are posters on HROT that post 10+ times an hour. Seems like it anyway.

That tells me that as a poster, Wasnt-drunk-didnt-troll definitely cares a lot about Hawkeye football. When a fan cares so much about the team ... they tend to have a bias in favor of the players (and the coaches tend to be the scape-goats). That's the nature of the beast.

Just as long as a fan here bleeds black and gold ... irrespective of whether they agree with my positions ... they're good in my book (just some are more annoying than others :) )!

He’s assertive. A born leader. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Hammer93
He simply is blinded to how silly some of his posts are. We see it all the time in political views. So blinded by THEIR views they turn anything an opposing politician says and twist it into something not even close to what was REALLY said or meant. I don’t mind his posts, actually enjoy playing devil’s advocate a bit.

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/today-on-twitter.181481/page-36

o_O

I copy/paste 90% of my post. You are not always going to agree with everything I say and I will be wrong about plenty of things. If you pay attention I tend to provide a fair amount of data to support what I'm saying, not that thread though that was pure opinion. I may post like a robot but I too am a fan and have opinions. Thanks for the thread love.

PS. I have been on these boards much longer than 8 mo and to whom it may concern yea I have a good job ;)

Last edited:
Assuming he paid his subscription fee, he is free to voice his opinion. If you don't like it, use the 'ignore' function.

Just stop it.I learn a lot from that guy stop being negative.You do have the option of not reading his posts ugh!!!

Reactions: cap_tain8
Assuming he paid his subscription fee, he is free to voice his opinion. If you don't like it, use the 'ignore' function.

This^^^^^^

I put 3 political posters on ignore over the past 2 years and I can't tell you how much more enjoyable reading posts on HROT have become.

He has posted exponentially more informative posts than you have and has kept a lot of posters (myself included) abreast of recruiting news that I otherwise would not follow.

I'll go ahead and give him a pass for one of his opinions that I might not agree with. Maybe you should find your niche on here like he has.

Reactions: cap_tain8
What's the obsession around here with when people joined, and post counts? Like what's an acceptable amount of posts you should make before you're allowed to express YOUR opinion, without being ridiculed for being a "newb" or called a "troll"...
Sorry, I didn't finish reading your post due to your low post count.

(Psst... this is where you say you didn't read mine due to my join date)

Maybe it's Barta?

What's the obsession around here with when people joined, and post counts? Like what's an acceptable amount of posts you should make before you're allowed to express YOUR opinion, without being ridiculed for being a "newb" or called a "troll"...
Wouldn't you consider it linked to human nature? People don't always react well to "newness" or "difference." Also, I believe that an old adage can be paraphrased to say that "respect and/or trust must be earned." Consequently, long-time posters on this board gain a respect for another poster ... or build trust through their contributions on the board. Newer posters ... either measured by join date or post count ... haven't yet built the respect or trust ... and hence their posts are read with a greater level of skepticism.

You can also imagine that the anonymity of forum boards also increases the level of skepticism and distrust posters feel because of the frequent waves of trolls and/or flamers that peruse these boards.

You don’t think Barta is an idiot? There were plenty of reasons to suspect he was before the lawsuit. That pretty much confirmed it.

Reactions: Niko13
Probably his 2nd or 3rd account.

the only reason people hate Gary Barta is because they want Kirk Ferentz fired.

if you are honest, you know its true.

and the only reason folks want Kirk Ferentz fired is because they hate Iowa Football.

Kirk Ferentz has been the Head Coach at Iowa for 20 years.
Kirk Ferentz is Iowa Football.

DING DONG
RING BELL
CHURCH OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and the only reason folks want Kirk Ferentz fired is because they hate Iowa Football.

Mr F , You couldn’t be more wrong with your assertions about Barta. Also, Iowa football is not Kirk Ferentz. It isn’t Evy or Hayden either. It’s much bigger and more complicated than a coach with less than a 60 percent winning record.

Reactions: Niko13

Absolutely untrue.

I'm pretty outspoken about how good I think Kirk is for Iowa, and personally wish Barta was shown the door after the lawsuit fiasco. The lawsuit where his ineptitude to document poor job performance cost the Iowa AD millions and despite how crappy and full of **** she was, still put a black eye one the department.

I'm sure there are quite a few people around that can bring money into Iowa (shouldn't be hard, thank Kirk for that), have respectable athletic programs (look where our programs stack up in the B1G right now) and not be too lazy to properly fill out a performance review.

I don't want Kirk fired ... and, I don't think Barta is a good AD. Barta would have been canned 3X over for some of his decisions.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Mr F , You couldn’t be more wrong with your assertions about Barta. Also, Iowa football is not Kirk Ferentz. It isn’t Evy or Hayden either. It’s much bigger and more complicated than a coach with less than a 60 percent winning record.
I am Iowa football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT