ADVERTISEMENT

jo's Debate Cliff Notes

You Are Dumb Mario Lopez GIF

I'm a liberal Democrat but if you don't think people are pissed about prices and buying power, you're deluded. Obviously everyone here is a billionaire but others are struggling. Biden has done nothing to address this rage. Go to your mall and see how many stores are shuttered. You can say trump's policy led to it, pandemic etc but it's a death spiral and Biden is in deep shit.

I'm a liberal Democrat but if you don't think people are pissed about prices and buying power, you're deluded. Obviously everyone here is a billionaire but others are struggling. Biden has done nothing to address this rage. Go to your mall and see how many stores are shuttered. You can say trump's policy led to it, pandemic etc but it's a death spiral and Biden is in deep shit.
For reals.

It's funny, OP, but no props or notes allowed.

Ross Perot wouldn't have had a chance under that condition.

Reactions: goldmom and GOHOX69
Amazon and other online shopping has nothing to do with those stores closing? All Biden’s fault?

Sure but that's only part of the picture. Things are accelerating. Look at Walgreens news today.

Blame Amazon for malls closing. Hell Coral Ridge took out the CR malls and Old Capitol/Sycamore in IC. It happens. Walgreens, while seeing some decline due to prices and people watching their budget, but mostly because of the pharmacy industry due to costly regulations and insufficient reimbursements. Walgreens is also saturated. There 2 in CR that are two blocks from each other, with a CVS mixed in between them. My insurance makes me buy prescription through CVS.

Sure but that's only part of the picture. Things are accelerating. Look at Walgreens news today.
Walgreen’s is getting what it deserves. Walgreen’s destroyed more business in America than it created with its partnership with Big Pharnacy to replace Main Street drug stores with corporate pharmacies, hiking if drug prices and the rise of RX insurance. Walgreen’s/Osco….good riddance.

I'm a liberal Democrat but if you don't think people are pissed about prices and buying power, you're deluded.

This is accurate. People are pissed about prices and buying power. Anyone who doesn't see this is absolutely deluded.

I'll add this . . . the people who are pissed off about prices and buying power who are laying blame at the feet of the current U.S. President are absolutely deluded.

This is accurate. People are pissed about prices and buying power. Anyone who doesn't see this is absolutely deluded.

I'll add this . . . the people who are pissed off about prices and buying power who are laying blame at the feet of the current U.S. President are absolutely deluded.
Both of these things are true.

Reactions: 83Hawk
For all those who blame Amazon, have you seen the bleak picture for restaurants, forget the ma and pa's who are getting absolutely creamed.

For all those who blame Amazon, have you seen the bleak picture for restaurants, forget the ma and pa's who are getting absolutely creamed.
I just saw last week that restaurant business is having its strongest year (to date) ever…and it was the Amer Restaurant Assn. who released this…
The only restaurant problems I have seen are in the “help” area…but that’s another story for another day. Not me….there story.

Why shouldn't Biden get part of the blame? Did he not push through, and sign off on an extra $2T in one time deficit spending, and extra $1T+ in deficit baseline spending? Those actions cause inflation, which the fed tries to fight with recession causing measures.

Spot on!! If you believe the president caused any of this. Meaning Trump or Biden you're also deluded. However, Americans aren't al that smart anymore.

Why shouldn't Biden get part of the blame? Did he not push through, and sign off on an extra $2T in one time deficit spending, and extra $1T+ in deficit baseline spending? Those actions cause inflation, which the fed tries to fight with recession causing measures.
LOL you might want to go back to Trump and his massive tax break to the rich that couldn't be paid for.

Reactions: joelbc1
I just saw last week that restaurant business is having its strongest year (to date) ever…and it was the Amer Restaurant Assn. who released this…
The only restaurant problems I have seen are in the “help” area…but that’s another story for another day. Not me….there story.
  • Costs are up: 98% of operators say higher labor costs are an issue for their restaurant. 97% cite higher food costs. 38% say their restaurants were not profitable last year.

"I just saw last week that restaurant business is having its strongest year (to date) ever…and it was the Amer Restaurant Assn"

They are going to gross more, the prediction is 1 trillion. That doesn't mean they are going to be more profitable.

I love you Joel but that take is just plain wrong. Large restaurants like Red Lobster etc. are failing. Rubios Grill on the west coast and hell even Hooters. Hooters = Murica and it's failing. Who doesn't like shit food and women who are ashamed to be working there. Anyways, look for more retail apocalypse soon. No end in sight.

I love you Joel but that take is just plain wrong. Large restaurants like Red Lobster etc. are failing. Rubios Grill on the west coast and hell even Hooters. Hooters = Murica and it's failing. Who doesn't like shit food and women who are ashamed to be working there. Anyways, look for more retail apocalypse soon. No end in sight.
You go for the wings bro.

• Haha
Reactions: GOHOX69
  • Costs are up: 98% of operators say higher labor costs are an issue for their restaurant. 97% cite higher food costs. 38% say their restaurants were not profitable last year.

"I just saw last week that restaurant business is having its strongest year (to date) ever…and it was the Amer Restaurant Assn"

They are going to gross more, the prediction is 1 trillion. That doesn't mean they are going to be more profitable.
Again…. Their words not mine….

LOL you might want to go back to Trump and his massive tax break to the rich that couldn't be paid for.
I love how people use that "Tax cut that couldn't be paid for term". A tax cut isn't spending, and the government doesn't automatically own our money. I wasn't in favor of the cuts, but they were in place well before Biden and his Congress went crazy with their spending. OH, and let's not forget the other major driver of consumer inflation - energy policy.

What was the consumer inflation rate the day Biden took office? I'm OK with 1.4% inflation.

I love how people use that "Tax cut that couldn't be paid for term". A tax cut isn't spending, and the government doesn't automatically own our money. I wasn't in favor of the cuts, but they were in place well before Biden and his Congress went crazy with their spending. OH, and let's not forget the other major driver of consumer inflation - energy policy.

What was the consumer inflation rate the day Biden took office? I'm OK with 1.4% inflation.
They were in place LONG before Trump and his Republican Congress went on their spending binge as well, Finance. As well as many of the cuts Trump made to the budget, which had to be “re-financed” after the Covid break-out and to re-establish the supply chains after Covid.

• Haha
Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
They were in place LONG before Trump and his Republican Congress went on their spending binge as well, Finance. As well as many of the cuts Trump made to the budget, which had to be “re-financed” after the Covid break-out and to re-establish the supply chains after Covid.
The old and tired supply chain excuse. Prices can't go up if the money supply isn't expanded.

Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT