ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Hawley is not having a great 48 hours

Just heard Ben Sasse on NPR denouncing Hawley. If Sasse actually puts actions behind his words, which to this moment has been nothing more than fantasy, I might actually respect the guy.

For much of the past 4 years, there’s been a lot of danger to being anti-Trump (see people like Flake). Right now, all the crap that went down in the insurrection has created a bit of a temporary vacuum. Donald Trump is done and his kids sort of have to be more quiet right now. Cruz, Hawley and the like have taken a blow. Let’s see if some of these people can step up and show themselves to be real leaders.

Last edited:
Reactions: noleclone2 and seam
Kudos to them for only being 98% of a s**tbag, and not 100% i guess?

Imo they dont get points for denouncing that. It should be the bare minimum we should expect from them

I don’t care a ton about what people did Wednesday unless they were among those egging on the crowd and trying to reverse the election......but I will be watching what they do from here. No party is 100% good and no party is 100% bad - I’m looking for some of the good to step forward and lead.

Reactions: seam and torbee
I don’t care a ton about what people did Wednesday unless they were among those egging on the crowd and trying to reverse the election...

You dont care what people did wednesday, but you said the ones who denounced it on wednesday earned some respect back in your book? Which is it?

its easy for them to denounce it on wednesday. They are trying to save face for their political careers. Many of the (R)s that denounced it on wednesday stood in lockstep or stood silently for four years because they thought it would be beneficial for their political careers. They don’t get points for finding jeebus on their deathbed.

The ones that denounced it after months of campaign ads talking about the radical left violent mobs don’t get points either:

Kudos to them for only being 98% of a s**tbag, and not 100% i guess?

Imo they dont get points for denouncing that. It should be the bare minimum we should expect from them

Sure, but thats still more than most of them have done for four years.

Sure, but thats still more than most of them have done for four years.

its easy for them to denounce it on wednesday. They are trying to save face for their political careers. Many of the (R)s that denounced it on wednesday stood in lockstep or stood silently for four years because they thought it would be beneficial for their political careers. They don’t get points for finding jeebus on their deathbed.

Reactions: joelbc1 and seam
I loved Hawley’s Immediate claim of his dropped book deal was a violation of his 1st amendment rights...Funny how he interprets that when in fact it was simply a business decision by the book publisher to distance themselves from this criminal. Associating with him is bad for business. The people of Mizzery have not figured that out yet.

Reactions: mickv and Torg
ErNrvMIWMAEkHdQ

His new book was dropped by his publisher.

His mentor, John C. Danforth, a former Republican senator from Missouri, who had called him a “once-in-a-generation” talent denounced him as "The Biggest mistake I have ever made"

Kansas City Star calling him to resign or be removed
https://www.kansascity.com/opinion/editorials/article248349315.html

St. Louis Dispatch calling for him to resign

Already lost one of his biggest donors.

You hate to see it.
Neo Nazis were disappointed his fist was closed.

So youre for silencing people you don’t agree with?
Hawley silencedHawley, haw-key. The private sector, who Hawley made a conscious decision to join, made a business decision. It does not affect Hawley’s ability to be heard in any way. Hawley still has a job for which he gets paid handsomely for...the private sector just snipped his gravy train. Hawley has degrees from very prestigious institutions of higher learning...one might conclude he would be smarter than to make this claim. Perhaps Hawley’s transcripts should be investigated?

Hawley silencedHawley, haw-key. The private sector, who Hawley made a conscious decision to join, made a business decision. It does not affect Hawley’s ability to be heard in any way. Hawley still has a job for which he gets paid handsomely for...the private sector just snipped his gravy train. Hawley has degrees from very prestigious institutions of higher learning...one might conclude he would be smarter than to make this claim. Perhaps Hawley’s transcripts should be investigated?

Theres alot of dumb people who attended prestigious schools.

Reactions: VodkaSam
I was referring to the calls regarding Haley.

Someone has to court the trump voters.
Its going to be so sad for America as the 2024 contenders from the GOP keep trying to out low each other in order to win over the cult. All the while the cult leader will be doing the "will he/won't he", game about running.

Reactions: Thunderlips71
It is going to be interesting to see where the Republican party is in the next two and four years. They have to be nervous. What a shit hole to have to be facing.

Reactions: joelbc1
It is going to be interesting to see where the Republican party is in the next two and four years. They have to be nervous. What a shit hole to have to be facing.
What they (the GOP) have going for them (sadly) is there is a whole lot more of Missouri than there is Ivy League out here in America...and the GOP is banking on keeping and expanding that "Missouri" vote down the line.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT