ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Ogundele update

I'll withhold judgement for a year. If he adds some muscle and conditioning he is going to be hard to move around in the post. The guy is built thick ass hell.
Totally agree. He was breathing really hard to be sure. After some conditioning and weight management, he'll be a force I believe. He isn't afraid to swat shots!

Reactions: Moral
I think you should shut your fat mouth and let him get acclimated to his life in Iowa. He has 4 years of eligibility after this year. If by this time next year you don't see progress then please come see me.
Why would I need to come see you? Being fat and out of shape has nothing to do with so called progress. Again, I am tolerant of physical errors and being raw. Stop making excuses for a lack of being in shape.

No doubt. Chipackhawk you must not remember Acie Earl as a Freshman? Not sure why you’re hating on a true Frosh like this. Everyone knew he was the biggest project of the class. He will get his chance. Guessing you were probably a stud player in intramural ball.

No doubt. Chipackhawk you must not remember Acie Earl as a Freshman? Not sure why you’re hating on a true Frosh like this. Everyone knew he was the biggest project of the class. He will get his chance. Guessing you were probably a stud player in intramural ball.
Hating? Hardly. Just pointing out a basic observable fact - he’s fat and out of shape. He’s a division 1 athlete on scholarship, act like it. As far as an intramural athlete - I’ll take my chances with 90% of the know it all posters.

Reactions: no_one_
Littlez - the ultimate apologist.

Being fat and out of shape has nothing to do with a pandemic. I’ll cut him slack for missing shots and being raw.
I assume you have also criticized players who have showed up to Iowa underweight (there have been many) and not just overweight, but whatever man. Just seems harsh to pass judgement on somebody without knowing all the details of their situation

Last edited:
Reactions: perryhawk
So he has a slow metabolism. He obviously had some talent to attract attention. This is a free year anyway, ideally with Nunge, he won’t be playing much. We shall see he if has any motivation by the beginning of next year.

Reactions: perryhawk
Apologist? I don’t think so. Guessing Fran didn’t offer him a scholarship because he felt sorry for him. Maybe he did. Guess we will see in a few years. Like I said, everyone knew he was a project. After Luka goes this year he’s going to get plenty of playing time. Why don’t you send a pic of yourself bench pressing 300 lbs or something? Or you could give the kid more than 1 damn game to show what he’s got.

Reactions: CleteyColgate
I assume you have also criticized players who have showed up to Iowa underweight (there have been many) and not just overweight, but whatever man. Just seems harsh to pass judgement on somebody without knowing all the details of their situation
So you have now set the standard that you can't criticize someone for being fat. Let's remember that when others get slammed for going 1-10 or having turnovers at crucial times, they are no longer eligible for judgement. He came from England, not an Ethiopian village. He's seen big mac's before. If you had any idea what is available to a D-1 athlete from a training table standpoint maybe you too would be a little critical. Again, nowhere did I criticize him for his basketball skills or for being a long term project. I criticized him for being fat and out of shape. Whatever man, your standards have been set.

Hating? Why do you throw that around so easily? Come up with counter argument instead of that crap

I did come up with a counter argument. Or can’t you read? Not arguing he’s out of shape. I’ve already said he was a project, which is why I brought up Acie Earl as a Freshman. He’s got some size and athletic ability. Guessing a year of going against Luka will make him a better player. Again, Luka will be gone after this year. Frans got a pretty good history of working with some raw bigs. That’s my counter. Yes, he’s hating on a kid that’s played in 1 game. Most bigs take awhile to develop. Don’t know what else to tell you.

So you have now set the standard that you can't criticize someone for being fat. Let's remember that when others get slammed for going 1-10 or having turnovers at crucial times, they are no longer eligible for judgement. He came from England, not an Ethiopian village. He's seen big mac's before. If you had any idea what is available to a D-1 athlete from a training table standpoint maybe you too would be a little critical. Again, nowhere did I criticize him for his basketball skills or for being a long term project. I criticized him for being fat and out of shape. Whatever man, your standards have been set.

I think the whole thing about criticism is that being objective and reasonable.....gives it credibility.

How long was Josh O in isolation or lockdown while in England? What were the circumstances like there? Did he live in an apartment house or single family home? Did he have access to a gym? Does he live in a part of the city where there is a really high population density that severly limits the ability to get any kind of work out? If you would let us know that, maybe we could better understand your position.

I think the whole thing about criticism is that being objective and reasonable.....gives it credibility.

How long was Josh O in isolation or lockdown while in England? What were the circumstances like there? Did he live in an apartment house or single family home? Did he have access to a gym? Does he live in a part of the city where there is a really high population density that severly limits the ability to get any kind of work out? If you would let us know that, maybe we could better understand your position.
Well said perry

I’m not saying anybody is beyond criticism. All I’m saying is that he’s been in the country for what, a month and a half? Two months? Maybe he was stuck in quarantine for a while. Maybe COVID really affected him negatively from a mental standpoint.

If he showed up to Iowa fresh off AAU and had a ton of time to practice with the team, work with Iowa’s trainers/coaches, and develop great habits, and was still way overweight, then I’d be more willing to question his work ethic/drive. But as I said before, it’s fair to me to withhold judgement unless one knows the details of his situation

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT