ADVERTISEMENT

Just returned from Ukraine

Felt I should share my recent trip to Ukraine to treat injured soldiers. Was quite an adventure. Very humbling, emotional and rewarding. The trip over and back was a major ordeal. As you can't fly into Ukraine we had to take a bus from Warsaw to Ukraine. 9 hours plus depending on the time at the border crossing. Total time over 44 hours.

Worked 11-12 hour days to fit 6 soldiers with high tech prosthetic arms. Very complex cases for which my team trained the Ukrainians on.

Was incredible to see stoic skeptical faces from the soldiers on day one. By day 5 they were all smiles and hugs.

Love the people there. They will either fight until they win or die trying.

Fück putin!

https://protezhub.com/en/blog/ameri...ounded-ukrainians-functional-artificial-limbs

https://dyvys.info/2023/04/10/prote...raktyku-roboty-iz-liktyamy-novogo-pokolinnya/
Awesome job!

What organization is this with? Doctors Without Borders or something else?

• Love
Reactions: ericram
It's with a group Canadian based. Protez Hub. Used to be the Canadian Ukrainian Assistance Fund. Was too long so Protez means prosthesis.
I looked at their website and it looked pretty corporate. I know others have asked already but I would love to donate to a group that helps fund these types of missions. I've done Doctors Without Borders before but if I knew it could help someone here help other people directly, I would definitely donate to that as well.

I looked at their website and it looked pretty corporate. I know others have asked already but I would love to donate to a group that helps fund these types of missions. I've done Doctors Without Borders before but if I knew it could help someone here help other people directly, I would definitely donate to that as well.
My friend owns a non profit organization named http://www.prosthetika.org/

He and the Protez Hub work together to get funding for these missions. I arranged this through my contact at Protez Hub in literally 30 minutes of asking how I can help in February. Then the process started to convince friends to join me and get us there.

Last edited:
Reactions: BioHawk
Not very corporate at all actually. Antonina who runs the company is a badass on getting funding, grants and donations.

Just an example. Those high tech prosthetic hands cost tens of thousands and she got them all donated.

IMG-1565.jpg

OK, well I am off to deal with rednecks and hippies now, but I'll pass the information along to my friends. Changing the lyrics to "It's another Saturday night"
Another (Friday) night....
I'll figure it out in the wee hours. LOL

Fun story: I found this secret bunker/bar that was down a dark hallway off the main city center square. At the end of the hallway a Ukrainian man holding a semiautomatic long gun awaits. You have to prove you are not russian. Now I don't speak any Ukrainian. So I listened to the few younger guys in line ahead of me. My turn came up with my small group. I spoke something and he looked at me and laughed. Saying no Russians! Enter!

Inside is an underground bunker with many cool areas and artifacts. Even got to shoot at putin targets.

I figured it out later that night. I was supposed to say “Slava Ukraini” and its meaning is Glory to heroes!

So Slava Ukraini my friends!

Last edited:
I pride myself on helping those in need. I have even been into war zones to do so. I do have to draw the line at helping a man with a prosthetic cock. There are sites for that. Lol

I feel like the prosthetic peen market has a lot of opportunity that many people are missing out on. You could call it pro-peen and sell pro-peen and pro-peen accessories.

You would probably make buy Twitter to troll money. IMO of course.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT