ADVERTISEMENT

Just started Downton Abbey

FAUlty Gator

HB Legend
Oct 27, 2017
I can’t believe it but I’m thoroughly enjoying it.

The Biltmore is having a Downton Abbey exhibit and since I’m going to be there for it I thought I’d check it out. On 5th episode and I’m actually loving it. Didn’t think that was gonna happen. Big win!

Reactions: naturalmwa

The Biltmore is having a Downton Abbey exhibit and since I’m going to be there for it I thought I’d check it out. On 5th episode and I’m actually loving it. Didn’t think that was gonna happen. Big win!

Wait until you see the movie.

It makes one wonder if there are any bad actors in England. Story line can be soap opera like but cast usually overcomes the weaker material when it shows up.
The series owes a big debt to Upstairs/Downstairs. I would recommend it also with the caveat it was a more austere, stage like show with many similar story lines.

I went to the movie with the GF and thought it was funny. I then started watching the series. Up to season 5 now.

you will love it. You will learn to absolutely hate Thomas.

Reactions: Tom Paris
All the anal sex mostly featuring the elderly is surprising for a PBS Series.

Reactions: lucas80
Havn't seen the movie yet but it was a good show. You can watch it all on prime for free which is what we did.

Well, you're one of the gays, right?

Starts of well, eventually turns into a corny, schmaltzy soap opera. Of course some people like that sort of thing.

A better depiction of class divisions and actual living conditions is seen in the original Upstairs Downstairs, for any who care.

I confess that I, too, enjoyed it at first. But the inaccuracies and the handling of WWI completely turned me off. Inexcusable that a period show overlapping the centennial of WWI should give it such short shrift.

I felt the same way avoided it for year. Got completely hooked once I started. It's a soap opera, but a damned good one.

I was sad when Mary died.

My wife is all in on me taking her to Biltmore for the Downton Abbey exhibit. I am thinking Valentine's Day would be a good time for the visit. She gets Biltmore, I get the Sierra Nevada Brewery.

Reactions: BelemNole
I was sad when Mary died.

My wife is all in on me taking her to Biltmore for the Downton Abbey exhibit. I am thinking Valentine's Day would be a good time for the visit. She gets Biltmore, I get the Sierra Nevada Brewery.
I think you mean Sybil. Me, too.

Sybil was beautiful but probably the only weak actor on the show. Bet she would make your jaw drop when seen in real life.

a4e7f030cb37c2debc9fc756737b3cc6.jpg

Not surprising, a person/character named Sybil, has many looks. Most are nice.

107793.jpg

jessica-brown-findlay-at-58th-monte-carlo-tv-festival-closing-ceremony-06-19-2018-12.jpg

jessica-brown-findlay-at-the-riot-club-photocall-in-london_1.jpg

Jessica%20Brown%20Findlay.jpg

jessica-brown-findlay.jpg

15MM_AbiKhan.png

I find I like to yell things at the TV more than usual with this show.

Insightful stuff like, “Take that, O’Brien you bitch!” Or, “Pussy pop playa Thomas!” Or, “That’s what you’re dumb ass gets for going to a riot!”

Then I sip tea.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT