ADVERTISEMENT

Pick a side in the Caitlin Clark-Angel Reese rivalry, but don’t look away

I'm a fan of teams, almost always. This might be the one time where I am on the Fever bandwagon because of Caitlin. I don't know if I will remain one if she leaves in a few years. I have never switched who I have been a fan of since I was a little kid in the mid 1970s. Bears, Celtics, Dodgers/White Sox, Canadiens. The only new teams I picked up a little over a decade ago are Liverpool...the last few years Sporting KC and Chicago Red Stars.
In most sports I am like that. I support teams. For some reason, not basketball. It's not how I want to be, I want to be a Bulls fan but I just haven't been able to watch them since Jordan left. Maybe it's because basketball just isn't my favorite sport. So, as much as I want to say I'm a fan of the Bulls, the reality is I don't watch them anymore nor do I have any desire to watch them. Of course, they suck so it is punishment for anyone to have to watch that team right now but even when they were good I couldn't get interested in watching them play.

In most sports I am like that. I support teams. For some reason, not basketball. It's not how I want to be, I want to be a Bulls fan but I just haven't been able to watch them since Jordan left. Maybe it's because basketball just isn't my favorite sport. So, as much as I want to say I'm a fan of the Bulls, the reality is I don't watch them anymore nor do I have any desire to watch them. Of course, they suck so it is punishment for anyone to have to watch that team right now but even when they were good I couldn't get interested in watching them play.
Bulls have been stuck in NBA purgatory for a LONG time. I was listening to Bernstein and Holmes discuss them about an hour ago.

Reactions: BioHawk
Zhang Ziyu thinks both are weak and she will dominate the league

4cP3Ta.gif

Bulls have been stuck in NBA purgatory for a LONG time. I was listening to Bernstein and Holmes discuss them about an hour ago.
It's awesome that the 2025 draft is supposed to be one of the best draft classes in years and the Bulls traded away their first round pick for that year, unless they intentionally tank the season and finish in 1-11 position. Given where they are at right now they may not actually have to put any effort into that.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Reese is an outstanding basketball player. There’s no denying her talent. She was one of the most dominant players in college and even though many experts questioned whether her skill set would translate well to the WNBA, she has quickly become one of the best forwards in the league.

But she’s also insanely jealous of Clark’s popularity and she often looks petty and immature because of it. She demands equal credit for raising the WNBA’s profile and insists that she’s responsible for making Clark popular when they faced off in the national title game last year.

The fact is, Clark was already selling out arenas and setting tv viewership records even before Iowa and LSU stepped onto the same court. Clark and the Indiana Fever are the hottest ticket in the WNBA by a very wide margin.

If Reese had stayed in college, Clark would still be selling out arenas from coast to coast. If Clark had stayed in college, none of this would be happening. The Fever would still be drawing 4000 fans per game instead of 17,000 and opposing teams wouldn’t be changing venues when the Fever come to town in order to accommodate ticket demand.
I can deny her talent. She’s not that good.
She can’t dribble. She can’t shoot. She can’t play defense. She blocks shots because she gets burned and takes a swipe at the ball. Sometimes she gets the block, sometimes it a foul. She gets a lot of rebounds because she chases her own misses.
Had she not taunted Clark, no one would know or care who she is. She wasn’t even the best player on her team that day. How dare she take credit for Clark’s fame and popularity.
Have any of the Sparks road games been moved to bigger arenas? No. Have the Sparks sold out a game other than with the Fever? No. Will the WNBA lose a single viewer if she doesn’t play? No.
Even her Bayou Barbie persona is a lie, unless you count a private school in Baltimore as part of the Bayou.

She can’t dribble. She can’t shoot. She can’t play defense. She blocks shots because she gets burned and takes a swipe at the ball. Sometimes she gets the block, sometimes it a foul. She gets a lot of rebounds because she chases her own misses.
Had she not taunted Clark, no one would know or care who she is. She wasn’t even the best player on her team that day. How dare she take credit for Clark’s fame and popularity.
Have any of the Sparks road games been moved to bigger arenas? No. Have the Sparks sold out a game other than with the Fever? No. Will the WNBA lose a single viewer if she doesn’t play? No.
Even her Bayou Barbie persona is a lie, unless you count a private school in Baltimore as part of the Bayou.
She plays on the Sky, but your point still stands.

It's awesome that the 2025 draft is supposed to be one of the best draft classes in years and the Bulls traded away their first round pick for that year, unless they intentionally tank the season and finish in 1-11 position. Given where they are at right now they may not actually have to put any effort into that.
From the discussion, it sounded like they have an opportunity to get a ton of cap space after next year.

Even at LSU, I don't believe you can graduate with a 1.2 GPA. Now you may have gotten through middle school with 1.2 GPA, but that's besides the point.
She was dq'd from an award because her GPA was too low. My GPA was ok, not great... but as an adult I own a home, pay my bills, have a respectable career and don't whine like a pussy when things don't go my way like you liberals.

• Haha
Reactions: fivecardstud14
She would be on welfare living in a trailer park with about 5 kids from 5 different daddies.
Her 3.64 GPA in marketing would certainly open a few avenues of success for her. Also, her PR savvy behind a mic will also serve her well. ....... 5 kids in a trailer park - don't think so, she's far too smart for that!

She was dq'd from an award because her GPA was too low. My GPA was ok, not great... but as an adult I own a home, pay my bills, have a respectable career and don't whine like a pussy when things don't go my way like you liberals.
I always find it funny when someone whines about not ever whining.

Reactions: Roncuba55
As far as history has recorded there has never been bigger whiners than today's maga scum.

Reactions: cigaretteman
TBH I like both. Reese is holding her own.
As for basketball, I agree 100%. Some of the other stuff is pretty juvenile imo.

As for the op, I think the writer needs to put down the thesaurus lol.

That’s not entirely true. She does miss a lot of layups and grabs a lot of rebounds off her own misses. But she also grabs a lot of defensive rebounds. In fact, she’s tied for 7th in the WNBA for most defensive rebounds per game and only 14 players have more total rebounds than she has defensive rebounds alone.

She had 25 points and 16 rebounds on Sunday against the Fever. She only missed 4 shots from the field and only 3 of her 16 rebounds were on offense. She has serious maturity issues, but give her credit for her talent on the court.

Have any of the Sparks road games been moved to bigger arenas? No.
The Sky’s game against the Mystics earlier this month was moved from their usual 4200 seat arena to the Capital One Arena. The official attendance was reported as 10,000.
Have the Sparks sold out a game other than with the Fever? No. Will the WNBA lose a single viewer if she doesn’t play? No.
They’ve had two other home games sell out - their home opener and one other game last week.

Reese has provided a respectable boost in Chicago’s attendance figures, but obviously nothing close to what Clark has done for Indiana.

As far as history has recorded there has never been bigger whiners than today's maga scum.
Yep. Like it's your ilks offspring that always seem to be the people commit mass shootings. We will see how you react on November 7th in the AM, hope they have plenty of psychiatric hospitals open for you guys.

• Haha
Reactions: fivecardstud14
Yep. Like it's your ilks offspring that always seem to be the people commit mass shootings. We will see how you react on November 7th in the AM, hope they have plenty of psychiatric hospitals open for you guys.
Mass shootings are mostly on you maga scum bags, moron. And I hate fascism, so if your fascist hero wins, I will be upset. But I will never need psychiatric help as much as you maga scum.

Reactions: Ree4
Angel Reese is the type of person that liberal democrats think is to stupid to follow a map and find the local DMV, get a photo ID and be allowed to legally vote.

I want to agree with you but since I'm a Celtics fan I found the NBA very interesting the last few weeks!!

The NBA sucks. I haven't watched an NBA game for years. They have to play organs to generate crowd "noise". To me it's simply not entertaining but some people die to see two teams run around for 2 hours and maybe kick a ball into a net once. So, pleasure is in the eye of the beholder.

However, IMO, when it comes to taste, the NBA is not the tip of the pyramid.

CC and her would make a great tandem IMO. If they were ever on the same team they'd get along just fine.

Reactions: Bro D
The NBA sucks. I haven't watched an NBA game for years. They have to play organs to generate crowd "noise". To me it's simply not entertaining but some people die to see two teams run around for 2 hours and maybe kick a ball into a net once. So, pleasure is in the eye of the beholder.

However, IMO, when it comes to taste, the NBA is not the tip of the pyramid.
Yet most think football, with 18 minutes of action in 3 hours, and made up scoring, is more exciting.

Reactions: Ree4
ok, so CC22 being the first ever rookie with a triple double, has shut up the haters. FOR NOW. they will find something else to freak out about.

Reece is the most blocked player in the WNBA. At least she's leading something.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT