ADVERTISEMENT

Just to keep the record straight on bowl assignments....

Lone Clone

HR King
May 29, 2001
There are about a dozen threads devoted to bitching, which I understand. What I hope you guys all understand is that 99.9% of what you're bitching about is the result of the BiG totally screwing the pooch in the way it reacted to the plague.

There are about a dozen threads devoted to bitching, which I understand. What I hope you guys all understand is that 99.9% of what you're bitching about is the result of the BiG totally screwing the pooch in the way it reacted to the plague.
LC, with all due respect, GFY. Why not join the circle jerk over on your clown site that is surely transpiring.

There will be some Kevin Warren effigies to be sure.

Well, you ain't new here, old timer.

I actually think Oregon and ISU is an intriguing matchup.

Reactions: Fran_Man
If we could only achieve the heights of 'the bear' as Pollard puts it. I wish we could enjoy a New Years game just once in our history. :)

In another thread I actually suggested the B1G should sponsor a bowl of their own just for this year. Call it the WeScrewedThePooch Bowl, and feature the two conference teams who played the fewest games (Mayland and WIsconsin).

Think about this - despite going 0-3 versus the Sun Belt

timeout

Remember - the top 2 Big 12 teams Iowa St and Kansas State got boatraced (early in the season before Skyler Thompson got hurt and that entire team came down with Covid they were easily a top 2 team in the Big 12 after their win vs Oklahoma)

end timeout

The Big 12 somehow ended up with more respect than the Big Ten who didn't play nonconference games and was the worst performing conference in bowl season last year.

If Texas is 5-3 and Oklahoma is 6-2, are we having a conversation about ANY Big 12 team being a top 10 team? Remember they played 2 rancid teams in UTEP and Missouri State to get those extra data points.

I guess that's 2020 for y'all. Good gracious.

I 100% agree with you. This is back on Warren and the procedures to start the year. This Iowa team was really coming along at the end of the year. Still had some problems, sure, but the defense was elite. It's frustrating.

You will murder Oregon. Ive watched them play 3 times. They, along with the entire Pac12, are garbage.

Reactions: ThisHawks4u
In another thread I actually suggested the B1G should sponsor a bowl of their own just for this year. Call it the WeScrewedThePooch Bowl, and feature the two conference teams who played the fewest games (Mayland and WIsconsin).
That was lame the first time you posted it.

I've asked you before and you've never answered me. Why do you post here? And why so often?

I 100% agree with you. This is back on Warren and the procedures to start the year. This Iowa team was really coming along at the end of the year. Still had some problems, sure, but the defense was elite. It's frustrating.

You will murder Oregon. Ive watched them play 3 times. They, along with the entire Pac12, are garbage.

Oregon like a lot of teams struggled to get going since they didn't practice football in the Pac 12 for almost a year. Thibodeaux is going to straight up murder Brock Purdy though.

Gfy you should praise barta and committee for handing your lame a top 10 finish....

Have a blessed day :)

Oregon like a lot of teams struggled to get going since they didn't practice football in the Pac 12 for almost a year. Thibodeaux is going to straight up murder Brock Purdy though.

Thibodeaux is an absolute freak. I still think the rest of the team is not impressive.

LC, with all due respect, GFY. Why not join the circle jerk over on your clown site that is surely transpiring.
Hard to admit when someone is right? The BIG Conference is an absolute debacle. You may want to read The Great Barrington Declaration. However, it may contain too many FACTS for you.

Coastal Carolina finished #12 with an 11-0 record and one of their wins was Louisiana which beat ISU by 17 how was the BIG involved with that?

Reactions: nelly02
I've asked you before and you've never answered me. Why do you post here? And why so often?
1. I don't remember you asking me. And I do not have you on "ignore." Sorry for the delay in answering. It wasn't intentional.
2. I post here because I have an interest in Hawkeye athletics and I think some posters appreciate hearing the position of an outsider.
3. I post here often because I am retired, the weather sucks, and it takes a long time to get a point across to some people.

Who is Thhibodeaux? As an old man, I don't stay up late enough to watch PAC games.

I think the biggest question about this matchup is whether either team is going to wear its school colors.

Reactions: dandh
When does the covid statue get erected in Ames?

Reactions: dekhawk
Not sure why you are starting a post on a Hawkeye board but I can't disagree with your take. Iowa and Indiana should have played this weekend. The winner would have been in a NY6 bowl. Indiana still should have been in a NY6 bowl though.

Not sure why you are starting a post on a Hawkeye board but I can't disagree with your take. Iowa and Indiana should have played this weekend. The winner would have been in a NY6 bowl. Indiana still should have been in a NY6 bowl though.
You might want to check your posting history vs LC!!

Hard to admit when someone is right? The BIG Conference is an absolute debacle. You may want to read The Great Barrington Declaration. However, it may contain too many FACTS for you.
lol k

I actually think Oregon and ISU is an intriguing matchup.

I’m not seeing why? Oregon, just like the B12, doesn’t play defense ... never mind they just aren’t that good this year. Iowa State is going to kick their ass (at least they should) and the Clown fans will tell us how great their season was all summer.

it will help Campbell recruit too, which is the real tragedy with this season and to that point the B1G and PAC are largely to blame.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT