ADVERTISEMENT

Kade Pieper - must be powerful - O-line 2 deep

Don’t apologize for listening to Jordan P

Dont apologize for listening to Jordan Peterson. He has helped numerous young men with their struggles. Anybody that tells you differently is a lying dog faced pony soldier that believes poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids! We all know that all men are created uh made uh……..You know the thing!
I don't apologize. I mean, he even says what people think and say is filtered through their own experiences. So he is no different. I try and skip the opinion parts, but I am refreshed when someone actually says the truth, no matter if it makes themselves, their gender or whatever look bad. There is this gal that talks more about relationships that I listen to once in awhile and she flat out calls women out, in a nice and educated way. I do not agree with everything she says. but she has made me pause more then once and think omg, she is not only right, she is telling them straight up that they have issues and should correct them. I do not know where I heard it or where they got the facts they were selling, but I heard someone say that if you google the richest women in the world all but one of them got that way through divorce. They also said something like 78% of divorces are initiated by the woman. That was all I heard of what they were saying, but if those supposed facts do not open your eyes a little as a male or female, then I do not know what to say. Personally I like the women who think a guy with a younger woman is horrible and yet love Trump and his wife, or some movie star and his younger wife. They say those things and right away I can tell they must struggle with their own beliefs clashing, or they just plain lie and if they lie, you know they lie to themselves as well. I find all of this stuff extremely fascinating. Like I said I am all over the place in interests and how the human mind works is one of them. Mainly because I feel as though something went wrong at some point in society and if you do not admit there is a problem, it will just get worse. Idk if it was Obama slashing the public mental health funds or the war on drugs that caused the invention of meth, But it seems like since those 2 things, society has really gone down the crapper. Not that the government cares, because they just use the actions of the ones who are messed up, to try and disarm everyone else. Again fascinating.

Last edited:
Reactions: hawkeyeinmo
Do you think protein is bad?

Not debating it’s essential to gaining muscle mass/weight. IMO, I do believe we have an obsession with protein. I believe the average person gets plenty of protein. What is healthy vs unhealthy? I would look more specifically at VO2 max

Not debating it’s essential to gaining muscle mass/weight. IMO, I do believe we have an obsession with protein. I believe the average person gets plenty of protein. What is healthy vs unhealthy? I would look more specifically at VO2 max
I think VO2 Max is definitely important, but I think muscle mass is also a great indicator of longevity.

Reactions: thunderstruck1
Again idk if it is true and even if it is true in general. every body is different, but someone once said that (and I believe it is backed by pretty much every study out there), that the body can only absorb so much anyway and somewhere around a .7 to 1 gram per pound of body weight is enough to build muscle. That said, I have seen people have great results with weight loss when they cut carbs and up protein intake so that they are not hungry. Another thing that I feel is important to note is when your GI spikes it opens the (I do not know the technical term) muscle fibers to absorb the protein. So if that is true, yeah it is not all about protein, but what else you eat that assists it in being absorbed. (which is logical). Probably why people trying to gain mass eat lots of chicken (high protein with low fat) and rice. (especially white rice as it spikes the GI more then brown rice which takes longer for the body to break down)

I don't apologize. I mean, he even says what people think and say is filtered through their own experiences. So he is no different. I try and skip the opinion parts, but I am refreshed when someone actually says the truth, no matter if it makes themselves, their gender or whatever look bad. There is this gal that talks more about relationships that I listen to once in awhile and she flat out calls women out, in a nice and educated way. I do not agree with everything she says. but she has made me pause more then once and think omg, she is not only right, she is telling them straight up that they have issues and should correct them. I do not know where I heard it or where they got the facts they were selling, but I heard someone say that if you google the richest women in the world all but one of them got that way through divorce. They also said something like 78% of divorces are initiated by the woman. That was all I heard of what they were saying, but if those supposed facts do not open your eyes a little as a male or female, then I do not know what to say. Personally I like the women who think a guy with a younger woman is horrible and yet love Trump and his wife, or some movie star and his younger wife. They say those things and right away I can tell they must struggle with their own beliefs clashing, or they just plain lie and if they lie, you know they lie to themselves as well. I find all of this stuff extremely fascinating. Like I said I am all over the place in interests and how the human mind works is one of them. Mainly because I feel as though something went wrong at some point in society and if you do not admit there is a problem, it will just get worse. Idk if it was Obama slashing the public mental health funds or the war on drugs that caused the invention of meth, But it seems like since those 2 things, society has really gone down the crapper. Not that the government cares, because they just use the actions of the ones who are messed up, to try and disarm everyone else. Again fascinating.
The gal you listen to name Pearl?

Reading through all your posts in this thread, you have a general knowledge of what you’re taking about, but probably a little too confident in your knowledge of exercise and nutrition.

I have B.S. in exercise science, and have been a trainer for over 20 years. Used to train athletes.

Most importantly, the real reason I’m replying to you, and I can’t stress this enough. Stop listening to Jordan Peterson.

Carry on with your education in fitness and weight gain nutrition, sans paragraphs.
Can I ask what you think of mind muscle connection? I mean there are studies that confirm it to some degree, but with your experience I would be interested in hearing your take on the subject.

The gal you listen to name Pearl?
I have no idea. To me it really does not matter anyway. When I hear someone saying things that pretty much are already in my head, it just feels like a connection of some sort. Kind of like oh they get it too type of thing. But I do not care who they are, unless I am standing face to face with them.

Do you follow Layne Norton? I’m a fan of his info, not his delivery. I also follow Chris Beardsley, Joe Bennett, and Paul Carter. Solid info
I don’t think so, but it’s entirely possible I follow a few of them?

Cressey, Boyle, Galpin, Cavaliere, Gray Cook are a few off the top of my head. There are so many out there.

I started out training athletes 20+ years ago. Today a majority my clientele requires more physical therapy than anything else. I see a lot of people who are recommended to continue in home after their insurance stops paying for physical therapy.

I don’t think so, but it’s entirely possible I follow a few of them?

Cressey, Boyle, Galpin, Cavaliere, Gray Cook are a few off the top of my head. There are so many out there.

I started out training athletes 20+ years ago. Today a majority my clientele requires more physical therapy than anything else. I see a lot of people who are recommended to continue in home after their insurance stops paying for physical therapy.
We need people like you! Our educational system should do more to improve knowledge in movement and nutrition!!

We need people like you! Our educational system should do more to improve knowledge in movement and nutrition!!
Not sure if it continues into Middle/High School but at least at my son's elementary school snacks are provided through a "Better Snack" program. Fruits, Veggies, whole grains etc. At some point last year they learned about teeth and what is good or bad for them. My oldest came home one day about a year ago and made a full blown switch to water. I could be wrong but I feel a 7 year old preferring plain unflavored water every every other drink is pretty impressive.

Tristan Wirfs threw the shot 65' 10.5" in 2017 - Kade Pieper's throw was 65 feet, 3¾ inches in the shot put.
Track And Field Bison GIF by NDSU Athletics

I've got a bachelor's in exercise science and a master's in kinesiology (CSB) and I still am amazed at all the things I don't know about nutrition, strength, and conditioning.

To me, it truly is fascinating stuff.
I'm waiting for something like Ozempic for dudes who sit behind a desk all day but want to gain muscle mass.

I was wondering why he can make the 2-deep for o-line at only 255 lbs. OK so I googled him and found:
The Norfolk Catholic senior and Iowa football recruit unleashed a monster toss Thursday — 65 feet, 3¾ inches in the shot put.
2019 - in Iowa --- SHOT PUTIowa State Meet Record: 67-02, Nick Phelps, KP-WC, 2018Iowa All-time Best: 70-11, Doug Lane, Cedar Rapids, Jefferson, 1968Class 4-A Record: 65-11.50, Doug Lane, Cedar Rapids, Jefferson, 1968Class 3-A Record: 64-07.75, Drew Clark, Marion, 2009Class 2-A Record: 67-02, Nick Phelps, KP-WC, 2018Class 1-A Record: 60-10.25, Bob Feuerbach, Preston, 1975
Hawkeyes have had good luck with players from Nebraska. Sounds like a great one...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT