ADVERTISEMENT

Kaleb Johnson.40 and 100 meter time?

JerseyCityHawki

HB Heisman
Oct 28, 2019
Hackensack, New Jersey
Anyone know his times? I thought I saw 4.5 in the forty but he seems to pick up his speed as he kicks it into another gear after his bursts and then gets into the secondary… not that this is a huge ordeal as he’s FAST… 💨 not that matter what way you look at it. If he continues this pace I highly doubt he sticks around another season because of the shelf life of TB’s in the NFL. I hope he continues this terror on the field and somehow wants to come back (lol) I know right

Anyone know his times? I thought I saw 4.5 in the forty but he seems to pick up his speed as he kicks it into another gear after his bursts and then gets into the secondary… not that this is a huge ordeal as he’s FAST… 💨 not that matter what way you look at it. If he continues this pace I highly doubt he sticks around another season because of the shelf life of TB’s in the NFL. I hope he continues this terror on the field and somehow wants to come back (lol) I know right
his reported time previously was a 4.51.

If you are running power I or pistol formation blast plays you want your running back to get out of the blocks fast. I the zone read and with zone blocking there is a timing there to let the blocks form openings. Kaleb seems to hit the LOS fast on quick hitters and yet do a little dancing to find a whole also.

Reactions: DeangeloVickers
If you are running power I or pistol formation blast plays you want your running back to get out of the blocks fast. I the zone read and with zone blocking there is a timing there to let the blocks form openings. Kaleb seems to hit the LOS fast on quick hitters and yet do a little dancing to find a whole also.
If he has one weakness it's probably his short area agility which given his size and body style isn't surprising.

his reported time previously was a 4.51.
Which I believe is average for an NFL running back. FWIW, IMO top end speed is important, but not as important as quickness, acceleration, vision, shiftiness, and power to break tackles. I'd estimate that 85+% of yards gained in the NFL running game happen within the first 10 yards where top end speed is not a factor, but everything else I mentioned is. Every long gain begins at the line of scrimmage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT