ADVERTISEMENT

Kamala Drops Out

Keep in mind, not un, but there are people who know Ukraine messed with our election in 2016, there are people who know Hillary was 100% behind Uranium One, there are people who know the Deep State is after Trump and there are people who know Biden bribed Ukraine to fire a prosecutor "who was investigating Burisma" because he didn't want his son found out.

People know a lot.
the Ukrainians were busted for trying to help Hillary and hacking the dnc server

For someone that claims to be above politics you eagerly regurgitate republican talking points. She had one relationship with a shady guy who now claims to have made her despite any supporting evidence. Since that relationship 25? years ago she did everything on her own. But people don't like strong women. Especially strong women of color.

I heard this same kind of nonsense from Van Jones on CNN. This about a woman who entered the race with money out the ass, donors and endorsements everywhere, who was polling in Iowa and nationally in the mid teens this summer. Much of that bounce came because she appeared to be a "strong woman of color" vs Joe in the first debate. Don't tell me she wasn't given a fair look.

Reactions: INXS83
I heard this same kind of nonsense from Van Jones on CNN. This about a woman who entered the race with money out the ass, donors and endorsements everywhere, who was polling in Iowa and nationally in the mid teens this summer. Much of that bounce came because she appeared to be a "strong woman of color" vs Joe in the first debate. Don't tell me she wasn't given a fair look.
Whether or not she was given a fair look is a different conversation from unIowa's nonsense about Willie Brown.

Yet another establishment Democrat out that got way more attention than a candidate that has out-performed her...
EKQ_uSRVAAAzRhQ

Can't really agree with the notion that people should get debate minutes in accordance with their poll numbers. Too much of a "the rich deserve to get richer" way of looking at things.

That said, it's interesting that Joe got the MOST debate minutes. Lizzie a close second.

Bernie a distant 3rd, with Kamala nipping at his heels.

Followed by Pete and Cory.

Is there anyone else who should be on the stage at this point? Maybe Steyer (if you adjust his minutes to account for him missing the first few debates).

Kind of surprises me, while she wasn't a top candidate anymore she was doing better than most.

But I would put that as a positive. She realized that she wasn't going to win and recognized that staying in causes more problems for the party.

This should be down to about 4 or 5 at most candidates right now.

Reactions: BelemNole
This is the most important role of the Iowa caucuses.
The biggest reason Iowa deserves its "#1 in the Nation" slot. It starts the separation process of pretenders and contenders.
3 months ago, most pundits would have been surprised this happened. It sends a message to Democrats.

Kind of surprises me, while she wasn't a top candidate anymore she was doing better than most.

But I would put that as a positive. She realized that she wasn't going to win and recognized that staying in causes more problems for the party.

This should be down to about 4 or 5 at most candidates right now.
well she did just have a campaign staffer quit who became a whistle blower and actually exposed kamala as being the rudest, meanest, nastiest ,biggest witch ever in history. even worse than hills. so it kind of was the nail in the coffin.

Reactions: unIowa
The biggest reason Iowa deserves its "#1 in the Nation" slot. It starts the separation process of pretenders and contenders.
3 months ago, most pundits would have been surprised this happened. It sends a message to Democrats.
the message is to throw them all under the bus prior to iowa except biden so biden may become the chosen one?? like how hills beat bern in iowa with six two headed coin tosses and hills was given heads each time? tulsi and kamala took each other out. booty is trying like crazy to throw himself under the bus. it's a matter of time. meanwhile biden is saying kids like to rub his hairy legs at a public pool and he is rising fast!

Here is my question in that regard. . . Why does Iowa over any other state deserve this privilege?

I will note that I do appreciate that less well known candidates can get a shot by just campaigning heavily in Iowa and New Hampshire and allowing their performances in those states make them into contenders in other states. But on the reverse you could pick any two random states and that could be done. Does not seem to be any reason why Iowa deserves it more than any other state. In fact I would argue that if we where to pick one state to do it, it should probably be a state like Ohio which is more diverse and a major swing state.

Here is my question in that regard. . . Why does Iowa over any other state deserve this privilege?

I will note that I do appreciate that less well known candidates can get a shot by just campaigning heavily in Iowa and New Hampshire and allowing their performances in those states make them into contenders in other states. But on the reverse you could pick any two random states and that could be done. Does not seem to be any reason why Iowa deserves it more than any other state. In fact I would argue that if we where to pick one state to do it, it should probably be a state like Ohio which is more diverse and a major swing state.
they should not. iowa and all other states should be equal

giphy.gif

well she did just have a campaign staffer quit who became a whistle blower and actually exposed kamala as being the rudest, meanest, nastiest ,biggest witch ever in history. even worse than hills. so it kind of was the nail in the coffin.
That staffer never met trump.

Because Iowa caucus goers are serious and take the process seriously. If you haven't participated here you have no idea. The candidates visit communities and people actually travel to participate in those events. The candidates realize they have to connect, and they work to do it, My first event was last summer. And events pop up at any time, even in off years.

Iowans realize the importance of, and the impermanence of their position of 1st in the nation. To this end the caucus goers are well informed and self-educated. The caucus system is complicated. The problem creates a virtue; an infrastructure of personal connection and communication that remains.

There is something to be said about diversity. But the loss of personal interaction offsets that. If Iowa loses its place as 1st in the nation but keeps it Caucus process, I don't see how the Candidates can avoid coming back to Iowa,

For someone that claims to be above politics you eagerly regurgitate republican talking points. She had one relationship with a shady guy who now claims to have made her despite any supporting evidence. Since that relationship 25? years ago she did everything on her own. But people don't like strong women. Especially strong women of color.
Why don’t you preach to all the bigots and misogynists in the Democratic Party for holding such a powerful women back?

Because Iowa caucus goers are serious and take the process seriously. If you haven't participated here you have no idea. The candidates visit communities and people actually travel to participate in those events. The candidates realize they have to connect, and they work to do it, My first event was last summer. And events pop up at any time, even in off years.

Iowans realize the importance of, and the impermanence of their position of 1st in the nation. To this end the caucus goers are well informed and self-educated. The caucus system is complicated. The problem creates a virtue; an infrastructure of personal connection and communication that remains.

There is something to be said about diversity. But the loss of personal interaction offsets that. If Iowa loses its place as 1st in the nation but keeps it Caucus process, I don't see how the Candidates can avoid coming back to Iowa,
then all that hard work and education gets thrown out the window with 6 coin tosses

Kamala drops out...….Funky has been here long enough to know about our rules!

"we have a bunch of losers here, but it's better than the loser in the white house now!" is a great campaign slogan dems. keep it up.

Real classy post.
Not as classy as her wonton prosecution of poor minorities and lengthy prison sentences for those who couldn't afford competent legal representation. As I said earlier, good riddance. Sounds even more classier now.

Reactions: Nat Algren
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT