ADVERTISEMENT

Kamala Harris Takes Big Lead in Battleground State

cigaretteman

HB King
May 29, 2001
Vice President Kamala Harris has surged ahead of former President Donald Trump in the new poll in Michigan, a critical swing state in November's presidential election.

The poll, conducted by Morning Consult for Bloomberg, found Democrat Harris was 12 points ahead of Republican Trump in the battleground state, where he had been consistently but narrowly polling ahead of Joe Biden before the president announced he was ending his 2024 campaign.

Ad

The survey polled 706 registered voters in Michigan between July 24 and July 28 and has a margin of error of +/- four percent.

When asked who they would vote for if the election were held today, 51 percent of respondents selected Harris, 39 percent selected Trump, and 5 percent chose independent candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Three percent of respondents chose other candidates.

Vice President Kamala Harris has surged ahead of former President Donald Trump in the new poll in Michigan, a critical swing state in November's presidential election.

The poll, conducted by Morning Consult for Bloomberg, found Democrat Harris was 12 points ahead of Republican Trump in the battleground state, where he had been consistently but narrowly polling ahead of Joe Biden before the president announced he was ending his 2024 campaign.

Ad

The survey polled 706 registered voters in Michigan between July 24 and July 28 and has a margin of error of +/- four percent.

When asked who they would vote for if the election were held today, 51 percent of respondents selected Harris, 39 percent selected Trump, and 5 percent chose independent candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Three percent of respondents chose other candidates.

I thought 2016 taught us to ignore the polls, no?

Only polls that show Trump winning make sense, any showing Kamala wining are absolute nonsense.
My point is that if every other poll has harris and trump within 2 points of each other then you have one that says harris is up by 12 that said poll should probably be ignored. I'd say the same thing if a poll came out claiming trump was up by 10 in PA

MSN? Really? Because every polling agency shows +/- 2% with Trump leading 5/7 states. This was released on ABC news last night.

The polls have been so all over the place it's hard to see what is really going on.

Bloomberg released a bunch of polls this morning which are pretty favorable to Harris except in PA where they had Trump up 4.

Economist/YouGov also released a general congressional poll today which had D+2.

But yesterday there was a poll that had Harris up by 4 in PA.

Plus it's hard to get a real good polling average because the polling averages are still being tainted by old Trump v Biden polls.

I really doubt Harris is up by 11 points in Michigan.

Shoot the polls can't even agree on who Kennedy hurts more Trump or Harris. It is hard to say IMO, because a lot of people would say the Kennedy name means that he would attract more Dems but I would also argue that Kennedy also has a flair for conspiracy theories much like Trump and he may attract people from that crowd.

The polls have been so all over the place it's hard to see what is really going on.

Bloomberg released a bunch of polls this morning which are pretty favorable to Harris except in PA where they had Trump up 4.

Economist/YouGov also released a general congressional poll today which had D+2.

But yesterday there was a poll that had Harris up by 4 in PA.

Plus it's hard to get a real good polling average because the polling averages are still being tainted by old Trump v Biden polls.

I really doubt Harris is up by 11 points in Michigan.

Shoot the polls can't even agree on who Kennedy hurts more Trump or Harris. It is hard to say IMO, because a lot of people would say the Kennedy name means that he would attract more Dems but I would also argue that Kennedy also has a flair for conspiracy theories much like Trump and he may attract people from that crowd.
The goal right now isn't to show Harris is winning. The goal is to create plausible deniability when they stuff enough ballots under her name yet no one actually knows anyone that voted for her.

My point is that if every other poll has harris and trump within 2 points of each other then you have one that says harris is up by 12 that said poll should probably be ignored. I'd say the same thing if a poll came out claiming trump was up by 10 in PA

Yeah I think this one is an outlier. The poll which was referred to here did several swing states and while most were favorable towards Harris (except in PA which they had Trump +4) but most were within the margin of error. So for some reason the sample they got out of Michigan is off IMO.

Well it must be true if MSN told me so.. If you think 12% lead is reality, you sir, are an idiot.
let-the-hate-flow-through-you-sidious.gif

Reactions: Tom Paris
The goal right now isn't to show Harris is winning. The goal is to create plausible deniability when they stuff enough ballots under her name yet no one actually knows anyone that voted for her.

Really? I wonder why in 2020 they didn't stuff enough ballots to give themselves a bigger margin in the senate. Probably would have helped them pass a few bills.

Come on man that's ridiculous. There is no wide spread election fraud and the pollsters are not working for the Dems.

It's not like the Fox News polls are showing Trump with a big lead either. I'm pretty sure Fox News isn't working for the Dems.

None of this matters right now. It's only being put out there to get "both sides" to read and debate about it. They want the clicks. Harris has the momentum and will throughout August due to her jumping in the race, convention and VP pick speculation. So, let's see where the polls are at in mid-late September. That's when you'll have a good idea where things stand.

I think 2 things are probably true here. Harris likely isn't ahead by 12 points in Michigan. All of the momentum over the past week has swung over to Harris. If the race continues along this trajectory, and that's a big if, she will win in November. We'll see if the Dems can **** this up.

GA has been caught double counting ballots and cannot produce over 300k they said they counted.

Source that isn't a right wing conspiracy theory site?

I googled it and the AP reported this.

Also I will point out that I'm pretty sure they only audited Fulton County because it's their big blue county. They didn't feel the need to audit red counties.

Last edited:
The trend lines are certainly something for Dems to be encouraged about.

But it's still about enthusiasm and voter turnout.

Oh, and for the Radical Right...suppressing the vote.

Meh, Michigan is lost. After the lock down measures the state implemented during covid, they still reelected the leader that implemented them.

The state motto of Michigan:
"Govern me harder!"

Reactions: KFsdisciple
Meh, Michigan is lost. After the lock down measures the state implemented during covid, they still reelected the leader that implemented them.

The state motto of Michigan:
"Govern me harder!"
Wasn't Michigan the state that banned gardening during covid? Then while her state was in lock-down... their governor took a vacation to Florida...

Reactions: KFsdisciple
With no global or even local threats of pandemics, and months (in some cases) of early voting, why do we need drop boxes anyway? If you can vote as early as August or September for an election in November, the only reason to need drop boxes is to do something below board.
Colorado has been using drop boxes for over a decade. Can you share an example of massive voter fraud in this state as a result?

Reactions: BelemNole
Reactions: RagnarLothbrok

Ad

I was listening to NPR this morning and they had what they were touting as a "national" pollster on and he was talking about how difficult it would be for Trump to arrest this momentum because Harris is currently getting a "honeymoon" bump which will likely last until the convention, which is likely to give her another bump and since the Democrat convention is later, will be very, very difficult if not impossible for Trumpt to reverse in such a short time.

At first I chalked it up to wishful thinking and basically just hope - but then they said it was REPUBLICAN pollster Frank Luntz. Have to admit, I was quite shocked at his pessimism surrounding Trump.

This X1000. I simply do not trust the polls anymore. She could win and he could win. Just have to see how it plays out. She has absolutly gotten a boost though.
We've been over this a million times. The 2016 polls were very accurate.

They showed Trump had about a 20% chance of winning but only if he squeaked out narrow victories in every swing state while still losing the popular vote.

Guess what happened?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT