ADVERTISEMENT

Keagan Johnson

toddhawkwi

Team MVP
Sep 11, 2002
Asbury, IA
Maybe it was just me but I really thought Keagan Johnson would blow up at KS St. But it just hasn't happened. Their last 2 games (including a 41-3 blowout of TCU) he has no catches. He's being used like a Paul Chaney Jr. with an end around once or twice a game. I can see KSU has a logjam of good receivers but I don't see these guys crowding Mel Kiper Jrs list of NFL prospects. Just really surprised that he seems to be "falling down the list" there. With Arland Bruce out of football, last years defections haven't made the impact I thought they would. But I guess it's all irrelevant at Iowa. GO HAWKS!!

• Haha
Reactions: YellowBellyHawkeye
Maybe it was just me but I really thought Keagan Johnson would blow up at KS St. But it just hasn't happened. Their last 2 games (including a 41-3 blowout of TCU) he has no catches. He's being used like a Paul Chaney Jr. with an end around once or twice a game. I can see KSU has a logjam of good receivers but I don't see these guys crowding Mel Kiper Jrs list of NFL prospects. Just really surprised that he seems to be "falling down the list" there. With Arland Bruce out of football, last years defections haven't made the impact I thought they would. But I guess it's all irrelevant at Iowa. GO HAWKS!!
Grass isnt always greener. That being said - I would take Mr. Johnson back in a HEARTBEAT.

Our impotent passing attack is the result of a combination of poor qb play, poor oline protection, and poor schemes. But our WRs also play a role in the equation. We had quite a few drops last weekend and at the MSU game, and our WRs struggle to get one on one separation.

Grass isnt always greener. That being said - I would take Mr. Johnson back in a HEARTBEAT.

Our impotent passing attack is the result of a combination of poor qb play, poor oline protection, and poor schemes. But our WRs also play a role in the equation. We had quite a few drops last weekend and at the MSU game, and our WRs struggle to get one on one separation.
When it comes to the Iowa offense, the grass is always greener on the other side.

Reactions: Legs94
He's not an "impact" type player. He had a couple of OK offers coming out of high school.

Based on what others of noted, I’d say our WRs struggle to get separation every Saturday. Last season it seemed we trotted out walk-ons and hoped for the best. Then this spring everyone was giddy about the WR Room…but the only explosive energy I have seen thus far is from Wetjen (sp) and they seem to be afraid to play him for for whatever reason…

Based on what others of noted, I’d say our WRs struggle to get separation every Saturday. Last season it seemed we trotted out walk-ons and hoped for the best. Then this spring everyone was giddy about the WR Room…but the only explosive energy I have seen thus far is from Wetjen (sp) and they seem to be afraid to play him for for whatever reason…
yeah he looks like a difference maker. maybe he doesn’t have reliable hands assuming that deacon balls are a lot more challenging to snag than kickoffs from long distance. would hate for him to go to pu next year and become sizzle the second.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT