ADVERTISEMENT

Keller, Texas School Board…God, Jesus, Trump

runkpanole

HR Legend
Nov 17, 2002
Two thoughts.

A. Permission slips should have been sent home...no different for any film crew, photography release, etc. It's typically a media release. The school needs to just admit their oversight, apologize and move on.

B. I do miss the days when no one outside of podunk, TX (pop 40k) would have ever known about this. Our world is gotten so small we know every little infinitesimally small thing that happens everywhere (and it's always negative) and it keeps people in a constant tizzy.

Is It Bad for You to Read the News Constantly?​

More than half of Americans say the news causes them stress, and many report feeling anxiety, fatigue or sleep loss as a result, the survey shows. Yet one in 10 adults checks the news every hour, and fully 20% of Americans report “constantly” monitoring their social media feeds—which often exposes them to the latest news headlines, whether they like it or not.

Negativity drives online news consumption​

Two thoughts.

A. Permission slips should have been sent home...no different for any film crew, photography release, etc. It's typically a media release. The school needs to just admit their oversight, apologize and move on.

B. I do miss the days when no one outside of podunk, TX (pop 40k) would have ever known about this. Our world is gotten so small we know every little infinitesimally small thing that happens everywhere (and it's always negative) and it keeps people in a constant tizzy.

More than half of Americans say the news causes them stress, and many report feeling anxiety, fatigue or sleep loss as a result, the survey shows. Yet one in 10 adults checks the news every hour, and fully 20% of Americans report “constantly” monitoring their social media feeds—which often exposes them to the latest news headlines, whether they like it or not.

Yes, it is probably bad for me. Also bad for me is documentary filmmakers and the small subset of people who think Trump is the second coming of Jesus Christ.

Yes, it is probably bad for me. Also bad for me is documentary filmmakers and the small subset of people who think Trump is the second coming of Jesus Christ.
I didn't mean you in particular, Runk.

will ferrell old school movie GIF

It was armchair commentary on society in general.

Reactions: runkpanole
...subset of people who think Trump is the second coming of Jesus Christ.
The majority of people who claim/think that haven't spent a single moment in a Church, much less opening a Bible. My FIL is MAGA-supreme, but hasn't stepped foot in a Church since the day he got married and couldn't recite a scripture if his life depended on it. BUT he'll be the first to scream about Christian values.

You thought he was in 2016 when you voted for him. It’s good you learned from your mistake. But you and the others did a lot of damage to this country.

• Haha
Reactions: ICHerky
The majority of people who claim/think that haven't spent a single moment in a Church, much less opening a Bible. My FIL is MAGA-supreme, but hasn't stepped foot in a Church since the day he got married and couldn't recite a scripture if his life depended on it. BUT he'll be the first to scream about Christian values.

Good post.

I read that only 40% of MAGA's attend Church weekly. That's higher than the 20% of Americans but not a majority.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
Two thoughts.

Why when there is no permission slip required to rearrange their plumbing??

Reactions: ottumwan in tx
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT