ADVERTISEMENT

Mom for Liberty Resigns from School Board

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
633b1a51018c7.image.jpg

The Papillion La Vista school board has accepted the resignation of its newest member following months of turmoil and controversy during her brief time on the board.
During Monday’s meeting, board members approved the resignation of Brittany Holtmeyer, who was elected to the school board last year as the top vote-getter in a field that included three incumbents.
Holtmeyer didn’t return multiple requests for comment.
“These jobs are not easy jobs, these jobs are very difficult jobs,” said Superintendent Andy Rikli on Monday. “They are donating their time for free. Despite it didn’t work out to Ms. Holtmeyer’s expectations, we are grateful of the time she gave to this school district.”

Since January, Holtmeyer has collected criticism from her fellow board members and some local parents because of her statements and actions at board meetings.

The stay-at-home mom is a member of the conservative political group Moms For Liberty, a national group that opposes school policies such as wearing masks and school instruction dealing with race, gender identity and sexuality.
Among other things, Holtmeyer has repeatedly called for removing books from schools. Board members and some district residents contend that she has been out of line during meetings, arguing “extremist” topics and targeting district officials for criticism.
“I will again ask Brittany to denounce her association with extremist groups that are pushing the same distrust in public education,” said Lisa Kuechenmeister, a district parent, during public comment at a July 24 board meeting. “You are driving teachers out of the classroom.”

Holtmeyer said in her resignation letter that she resigned because of harassment she’s received since being sworn into the position.

“I have been attacked verbally and in writing, I have had misinformation spread about me on social media and public comment, my car has been vandalized twice during board meetings and I have had to deal with a stalker,” she wrote.

“The vitriol and harassment of a few people have caused me to conclude that for myself and my family I cannot continue to serve at this time,” Holtmeyer said.
At a meeting this summer, Kuechenmeister said it was Holtmeyer who stirred up harassment of others. She said one of Holtmeyer’s family members once screamed at her and others, and one of her supporters “chased out after me following a board meeting, confronted me (and) required a police officer to get involved.”

At an August meeting, Alaina Wilson, a Papillion La Vista elementary teacher, said Holtmeyer needs to “stop calling us groomers and accusing us of indoctrination.”
SuAnn Witt, the board secretary, complained at an April meeting that Holtmeyer has made “a mockery of our board or of our district policies.”
“You have made conjectures and opinions and put them on the board as if it’s something we’ve said or done and I would rather you limit your comments to your own conduct and activities,” Witt told Holtmeyer.

But some conservatives have rallied behind Holtmeyer throughout the year, speaking up for her at meetings and on social media.

“Ms. Holtmeyer received the most votes in the past election as a first-time candidate,” said Loreen Reynante, a Papillion resident, in April. “We voted her in, have a vested interest and we are paying attention to the school board meetings more than ever.”

The school board announced that applications will be taken Tuesday through Nov. 3 to replace Holtmeyer. The board will choose a new member Nov. 13 after interviews with up to five finalists.

So she resigned because people she attacked verbally responded to her in a way she didn't like?

SHE'S A VICTIM!!!!!

If the stalking and vandalism are true...that's not right. Not defending her positions at all - but if you disagree with someone, those actions by those disagreeing don't exactly help your cause.

Otherwise, yeah...demonize the very people you work with and for isn't a good way to endear yourself to them - and she's (hopefully...doubtfully?) smart enough to know going in there'd be pushback.

This has been one of my hopes during the MFL craze, that they'd tire of doing actual work and being accountable for stuff, and go back to watching Fox all day long. Of course, the other option is they lobby Kimmie and get even more taxpayer money thrown into private schools in order to create safe spaces for their kids.

I've scrolled all the way through this thread and so far no righties have come to defend her and tell us why Antifa, the Clintons or Hunter Biden's laptop were behind this political hit job on this woman. Are the talking points for the day not out yet?

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
I've scrolled all the way through this thread and so far no righties have come to defend her and tell us why Antifa, the Clintons or Hunter Biden's laptop were behind this political hit job on this woman. Are the talking points for the day not out yet?
It has to be run up the chain and then wait for the response to be sent back for dissemation to the masses

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT