ADVERTISEMENT

Kennedy: Biden’s border crisis seems intentional

I think it starts with having specific Immigration quotas that are heavily regulated. If the USA is in need of an additional 400,000 workers then we make that the ceiling. When it is hit then we stop the immigration until the following year. All immigrants would need to apply first and be accepted.

Anyone apprehended at the border would be banned from entry to the country forever.

I think we also need to complete some form of wall or structure.

Lastly, the asylum laws need to be stripped back down so that congress would need to approve the countries where the citizens qualify.
Yeah....just what I want.....phuquin' CONGRESS making this decision.....These sumbitches can't make up their minds on immigration and now you want then to be making "State Department" decisions? Leave it to the professionals in the Department of State and leave the god damned politics out of "immigration".....ok? Politics is why we are where we are today IH.....hopelessly deadlocked wit NO solutions (but a lot of finger pointing) in sight.

No, because if conservatives design it, it's going to operating like some neolib employment recruiting agency for the benefit of a few large companies and they'll end up favoring certain immigrants who they won't have to spend much money training to do their shit.
So an example educated workforce is bad?

• Haha
Reactions: Rudolph
Have we EVER had those? I mean in our history we’ve at least waited until they were living here and had homes and businesses and were native born or naturalized before we did that, right?
Hmmm...like under that Democratic dude? I think his name was Roosevelt or something?
Doesnt excuse Roosevelt for making the poorest political decision of his life........done long before I was around, mom......he phuqued up....but there were unique circumstances supporting his decision (none that I agree with)....

I think it starts with having specific Immigration quotas that are heavily regulated. If the USA is in need of an additional 400,000 workers then we make that the ceiling. When it is hit then we stop the immigration until the following year. All immigrants would need to apply first and be accepted.

Anyone apprehended at the border would be banned from entry to the country forever.

I think we also need to complete some form of wall or structure.

Lastly, the asylum laws need to be stripped back down so that congress would need to approve the countries where the citizens qualify.
I think all of that is a good start, but is still woefully inadequate. I honestly don’t have a problem with a wall, but that is also woefully inadequate.

That’s not the Christmas spirit
Good thing it’s no longer Christmas. 😉

Honestly, though, I don’t care. I’ve tried to be nice to her but she is who she is. I’m just going to ignore her from now on. My fault for wasting energy on irredeemable people.

I hope you and your loved ones had a good Christmas.

Reactions: sabula and goldmom
Not at all. We should be allowing way more college kids to stay after they get their education.

I do however feel that we should severely limit unskilled labor.

If our policy is we take all we want of the world's professionals and skilled laborers mainly just for our benefit and we leave the presently unskilled where they were born and we are stingy about refugees, we will end up with even bigger crises in developing countries and either more refugees showing up at the borders of wealthier countries again or we look the other way at some potentially awful shit.

I think all of that is a good start, but is still woefully inadequate. I honestly don’t have a problem with a wall, but that is also woefully inadequate.
The word “wall” has been tainted because of Trump.

Separation barrier.

I want to also point out that no one views immigration in a way of who it truly affects the most. The low skilled people that are already here get totally fuked when more people come here. The cost of cheap house has risen way to much

If our policy is we take all we want of the world's professionals and skilled laborers mainly just for our benefit and we leave the presently unskilled where they were born and we are stingy about refugees, we will end up with even bigger crises in developing countries and either more refugees showing up at the borders of wealthier countries again or we look the other way at some potentially awful shit.
Or you would be Canada.

Or you would be Canada.
Naw, conservatives aren't waiting on immigration before they'll agree to some soc dem government. Or we'd already have single payer and free college. It's not immigrants preventing stuff like that in Germany and the UK.

Separation barrier.

I want to also point out that no one views immigration in a way of who it truly affects the most. The low skilled people that are already here get totally fuked when more people come here. The cost of cheap house has risen way to much

Do you think immigrants are driving up housing prices or the degree to which we've allowed housing to be treated as speculative assets for wealthy people from all over the world? I don't know for sure, I just know which one I suspect more.

I agree, but that’s on people who don’t have the integrity to separate the two.

Trump was a terrible leader and had no business being president, but when it came to actual policies, Trump got way more right than he did wrong.

Regardless, there isn’t any real good solutions to the illegal immigration problem. And you’re absolutely right about illegal immigrants undercutting American jobs. I had a neighbor who was in the construction business. He tried to pay his workers a good wage and provide health benefits. Unfortunately, he lost bids on a lot of jobs because other small businesses were underbidding him because they had a bunch of cheap labor from hiring illegals. That shit is very real. The flip side is there are a lot of menial jobs right now that can’t be filled because of the lack of available and willing workers.

The truth is this is a very shitty situation that won’t be solved by politics as usual. And as long as we still have the tribalism and two-party system, nothing is going to get fixed or solved.

Mexico has vowed to destroy the United Sates? I must have missed that one......
Yeah me too but doesn’t matter anyway. Our dumb asses are destroying ourselves from within. Selfish, arrogant, ignorant, spoiled, and all built on a mountain of affirmation-fueled self-mythologizing. Doomed to fail. Kinda funny. All of it.

The silly emotional reaction to CRT demonstrates just how drunk on the myth so many of us remain. Sober up. Or not.

This border stupidity is part and parcel.

Reactions: Ree4 and joelbc1
Do you think immigrants are driving up housing prices or the degree to which we've allowed housing to be treated as speculative assets for wealthy people from all over the world? I don't know for sure, I just know which one I suspect more.
I’m not talking about home sales. I would imagine that most immigrants aren’t walking from South America to then buy a 400,000 home.

I’m talking about low income rent in the poor sections of town. There are only so many places for folks to live. I’ve mentioned several times that my wife’s mom lives in a very poor section of Miami near Jackson Hospital. Her rent for her little 1 bedroom went from $900 to $1400. It is an absolute crap whole but the owner said he can rent it out quickly.

I’m not talking about home sales. I would imagine that most immigrants aren’t walking from South America to then buy a 400,000 home.

I’m talking about low income rent in the poor sections of town. There are only so many places for folks to live. I’ve mentioned several times that my wife’s mom lives in a very poor section of Miami near Jackson Hospital. Her rent for her little 1 bedroom went from $900 to $1400. It is an absolute crap whole but the owner said he can rent it out quickly.
Correct.

How are we comparing to Western Europeans with regard to immigrants?
The Germans and Italians seem to be having issues as well.
England as well.

Doesnt excuse Roosevelt for making the poorest political decision of his life........done long before I was around, mom......he phuqued up....but there were unique circumstances supporting his decision (none that I agree with)....
Neither of us were around. And the unique circumstances were that they looked different than the majority of America.
I’m the granddaughter of immigrants and my Grandpa got the beating of his life in a New England town when he hopped off a train looking for a job because his Irish brogue gave him away.
BTW my grandparents came here legally - one to Boston and one to Philadelphia.

Agree. Legal immigration. Very few are against legal immigration. Most agree that we need to fix the path to legal immigration. We elect politicians to solve the issues that are beyond the control of the population, yet here we are.

Border encounters (does not include numbers of those who weren’t caught)

2020 = 458,000
2021 = 1,784,000
2022 = 2,378,000

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/southwest-land-border-encounters

Yet we have Team Blue claiming nothing is wrong. Same problem we’ve always had, just a different president.

If it’s not intentional then it’s irresponsible and negligent.
Do 2019 with almost a million.

Agree. Legal immigration. Very few are against legal immigration. Most agree that we need to fix the path to legal immigration. We elect politicians to solve the issues that are beyond the control of the population, yet here we are.

Border encounters (does not include numbers of those who weren’t caught)

2020 = 458,000
2021 = 1,784,000
2022 = 2,378,000

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/southwest-land-border-encounters

Yet we have Team Blue claiming nothing is wrong. Same problem we’ve always had, just a different president.

If it’s not intentional then it’s irresponsible and negligent.
Who on team blue says it isn’t a problem? Stop making shit up.

Yeah me too but doesn’t matter anyway. Our dumb asses are destroying ourselves from within. Selfish, arrogant, ignorant, spoiled, and all built on a mountain of affirmation-fueled self-mythologizing. Doomed to fail. Kinda funny. All of it.

The silly emotional reaction to CRT demonstrates just how drunk on the myth so many of us remain. Sober up. Or not.

This border stupidity is part and parcel.
Pogo was right.......remember his "I have discovered the enemy..it is us!" How prophetic. And ironic...it was written for a comic strip!

Cause NO ONE ever crossed the f’ing Rio Grande. before the Trump f#cks statrted squawking?
Really? Yeah, evolution.
That’s not his point. We want to hear a solution instead of everything being blamed on the democrats. This is a decades long issue. My problem with the Republicans is that the leaders don’t even attempt a solution. Both parties need to figure this out together. Seriously, Ted Cruz was playing jungle man weeks into Biden’s presidency. They WANTED this to be an issue. If Biden had an airtight solution to the border 95% of Republican leaders would vote against it. That’s what they do and they prove it with vote after vote. Don’t listen to their words…read their votes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT