ADVERTISEMENT

KF: Love/hate relationship

HawkMachine

HB Heisman
Jul 6, 2020
IOWA
I was watching the game on Saturday and a thought crossed my mind and instantly got pissed at Kirk.

What pissed me off?

If it was up to Kirk, Brian would still be leading this team's offense. THINK ABOUT THAT! The thought of that is maddening.

Hate him for that.

But then we win, he gets emotional and you are so proud of him as the head coach of these young men.

You can tell the players have so much respect for him as a coach/human being.

I listened to the post-game interview with Washington's head coach and he congratulated Kirk on his 200th victory. Found the quote:

“First, I want to say congratulations to coach Ferentz on his 200 wins,” Fisch said. “And he’s everything that is right about college football. He’s a fantastic person and a great football coach.”

It's such an accurate statement. He’s everything that is right about college football.

Love him for that.

So yeah, I know CSB. I just can't imagine having Brian again this year. Just think if we had Lester last year. UGH.

Last edited:
It’s possible Kirk would have pulled the trigger on Brian by himself eventually.

giphy-downsized.gif

It’s possible Kirk would have pulled the trigger on Brian by himself eventually.
If Kirk didn’t see it during 2022, he wasn’t going to see it ever. Everybody in the country saw it. It was readily visible that he had lost his sense of judgement and was giving Brian a pass because of who he was. The results delivered in the many years he had the OC role would have seen any man fired by any major program long before the 2023 season began

We'll never know for sure, but the likelihood of Kirk ever firing his son was always a huge longshot. I'm sure he seriously considered resigning after Beth fired Brian, but after coming to the conclusion that it served no purpose, and would only sully his legacy by quitting over it, he decided to stay and do what he loves doing. In any case, Lester appears to be a huge upgrade, albeit with personnel limitations, and we should all be grateful that Beth stepped in when she did.

I think he would have fired Brian at the end of the season after the Tennessee game. And for all we know, maybe he made the decision to fire Brian when Brian was actually fired, and he was able to play it off as if it wasn't his call.

• Haha
Reactions: blhawk
No one would ever attempt to slander KF, he's a damn good man. His players would take a bullet for the man. I bet he could name nearly player he's had at Iowa. He gives a lot of his time & money.

At the same time, I can still be very critical about his coaching and decision making. BUT I will never say that's he's not a terrific guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT