ADVERTISEMENT

KF's Opinion of the ISU Game? Here's what I've noticed about his comments....

Hwk-I-St8

HB Legend
Gold Member
Nov 10, 2009
Lower Slobovia
We watch Diners, Drive-ins & Dives sometimes and the game we play is "Does he like the dish he's sampling". His comments always seem positive at first, but when you really think about it, sometimes they don't really say much. He'll say something like "You really packed that full of flavor" or "Wow, I've never had a xxxx like that before". You can tell he's trying to sound positive without out and out lying.

With that in mind, think about KF's comments about the ISU game:

“I think a great thing for our entire state,” Ferentz said. “It’s a game that’s been really heated and a great rivalry through the years for a long, long time.

“I’ve always thought this series is a good thing for our state just in general. This is one week where people in the state, a lot of people are talking about football, which is a good thing for college football fans certainly.”

This is almost verbatim what he says every year. He doesn't say it's good for the Hawkeyes, good for him, he loves it, it's exciting for the team, etc. Nothing at all in that quote leads you to believe he personally likes the game or thinks it's good for our program. It's all about "good for the state of Iowa" and "college football fans".

I'm guessing he's not a big fan of this game. Thoughts?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News