ADVERTISEMENT

Kids, Covid, School, why is the concept so hard for some republicans

• Thread starter anon_ts5cfra6drv7r
  • Start date
A

anon_ts5cfra6drv7r

Yes the kids will more than likely be fine if they get it. Why the **** don’t they stop to consider the parents at home? Or their teachers? Or the bus driver? Wtf, it seems pretty straight forward to me.

Oh duh, just the flu. Forgot.

Yes the kids will more than likely be fine if they get it. Why the **** don’t they stop to consider the parents at home? Or their teachers? Or the bus driver? Wtf, it seems pretty straight forward to me.

What will the kids think when some friends/teachers/etc get sick, gone for a long period of time or far worse than that? This is going to have detrimental effects on mental state as well particularly if a bad situation arises with people more than likely getting sick.

"Consider the parents". You are right, im considering how big of a b1tch it is to pay bills when you have to provide an education curriculum while working. Take.a.lap.
You do realize that in quite a few situations, grandparents are the legal guardians of these kids....right? I know a 4th grade teacher in a smaller town in Iowa, and last year 50% of his class had their grandparents as their legal guardians. He had 22 kids in his class.

Because the parents are just sitting at home all day? Does the FACT that this age group has an infection rate disproportionately lower than other age groups not mean anything to you? They're not getting it, therefore can't pass on what you don't get.

You do realize that in quite a few situations, grandparents are the legal guardians of these kids....right? I know a 4th grade teacher in a smaller town in Iowa, and last year 50% of his class had their grandparents as their legal guardians. He had 22 kids in his class.

While I’m not disputing what you are saying, but that sound like an anomaly.

So, @NKSHawk, if you were in charge, what would you do about the 20/21 school year? It seems to me the only completely safe from COVID options are 100% online or canceling the semester. Neither are viable options.

I'm not a parent but I work with 45 Iowans who are struggling to provide said curriculum while also running thier own business. This is a real concern.
How about when said parents have to juggle the curriculum with kids that have been infected because they went to school for a couple weeks. That needs to be weighed into the equation as well.

The year before that it was 7 out of 23. Those have been his only 2 years in the district.

what I meant was, his class in his district might be an anomaly. I don’t think that statistic is anywhere near the norm in other Classes or districts.

what I meant was, his class in his district might be an anomaly. I don’t think that statistic is anywhere near the norm in other Classes or districts.
And you're probably right. 18 kids in 2 years that have their grandparents as their legal guardians seems high. But that doesn't change the fact that there are going to be students like that in every single school across the country. Just not at that high of a percentage. Which was a point that wasn't mentioned by the OP so I felt it should be mentioned.

Reactions: McLovin32
How about when said parents have to juggle the curriculum with kids that have been infected because they went to school for a couple weeks. That needs to be weighed into the equation as well.
Wait, what?

You dont think the first option out weighs the 2nd options because the guaranteed shity part of the 2nd options COULD happen within the first?

I'm going to just cut my dick off because there is a chance, after sex, my wife is going to cut my dick off......

Take.a.lap

And you're probably right. 18 kids in 2 years that have their grandparents as their legal guardians seems high. But that doesn't change the fact that there are going to be students like that in every single school across the country. Just not at that high of a percentage. Which was a point that wasn't mentioned by the OP so I felt it should be mentioned.

If you were in charge, what would be your solution to the current school\covid situation?

If you were in charge, what would be your solution to the current school\covid situation?
I'm McLovin32 with a background in logistics. I have no background in education or covid. So I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish by asking me this question. I'm not like a lot of folks on this board. I have absolutely no problem telling someone "I don't know." And that's my answer to your question, because I have no background in any thing related to re-opening schools during a pandemic.

Wait, what?

You dont think the first option out weighs the 2nd options because the guaranteed shity part of the 2nd options COULD happen within the first?

I'm going to just cut my dick off because there is a chance, after sex, my wife is going to cut my dick off......

Take.a.lap
No it will happen a couple cases and a shit load of kids get quarantined. Meanwhile parents will have to quarantine and shut their business down.

Go run some run some hills.

It’s the election and the fact that if schools have to close and can’t reopen, a lot of people are going to blame Trump and his toady governors for a terrible federal response and opening up too early. We all know kids missing school is hurting them. So the pressure and fear of another semester off is real. Prior to the SE SW meltdown, the only debate for school reopening was maybe going early and going to winter break after thanksgiving to prep for a second wave.

No it will happen a couple cases and a shit load of kids get quarantined. Meanwhile parents will have to quarantine and shut their business down.

Go run some run some hills.
You are sacrificing a chance at success off a possibility of failure when failure is assured without the chance.

How many of those grandparents work full-time to support their grandchildren and aren’t home during the day?

You are sacrificing a chance at success off a possibility of failure when failure is assured without the chance.
When the possibility of failure is near a certainty well duh. The transmission rates are too high in many areas to go to full in person school.

How many of those grandparents work full-time to support their grandchildren and aren’t home during the day?
I don't know. I also don't know how many of them could die from their child bringing covid home to an "at risk" adult.

What will the kids think when some friends/teachers/etc get sick, gone for a long period of time or far worse than that? This is going to have detrimental effects on mental state as well particularly if a bad situation arises with people more than likely getting sick.
It's even more than that. They talk like the kids are going back to school. They aren't. Done right (f**k Georgia) the kids will sit at desks isolated from each other. Elementary kids - the most vulnerable according to the AAP...will sit at the same desk most of the day including during lunch which will be delivered to their desk. They will be constantly reminded to stay apart. They will constantly be reminded to keep their hands away from faces (good luck with K-2). They will constantly be reminded to not share. Teachers will be geared up in PPE - not exactly a welcoming look. Teachers won't be able to hug them or tie their shoes. At least some teachers will quite literally be afraid for their lives. The folks harping on going back to school never...EVER...factor the stress and anxiety the kids will feel into their equation. And it will be every single day regardless of whether anyone ever tests positive.

As GA demonstrated on their second day back, a single positive case shuts an entire classroom down for two weeks. Minimum.

Reactions: Chishawk1425
The percentage will be much higher in Latinx and black communities where there are far more multi-generational households.

Not that the wingnuts care about that.

Reactions: McLovin32
When the possibility of failure is near a certainty well duh. The transmission rates are too high in many areas to go to full in person school.
Again.
Read this and think about how stupid it sounds when your logic is applied to something not political.

There is a chance, after sex, my wife is going to want to cut my dick off so I think its best to just skip the chance at getting laid and cut my own dick off.

See.how.dumb.that.was?

Again.
Read this and think about how stupid it sounds when your logic is applied to something not political.

There is a chance, after sex, my wife is going to want to cut my dick off so I think its best to just skip the chance at getting laid and cut my own dick off.

See.how.dumb.that.was?
That's why I'm around. I keep her happy for the sake of your penis. You're welcome brah :)

Maybe because the experts on pediatrics and adolescent health and well being universally say kids should be in school?

Listen to the experts. Remember??

Again.

See.how.dumb.that.was?
I agree your analogy is dumb. Isn't comparable at all. To the situation at hand.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT