ADVERTISEMENT

KIYAUNTA GOODWIN entering the portal. 6’8” 340 OT. 4* out of high school offered by Iowa. Need this guy if we can’t hold onto our own!

Disagree. Plumb was content just staying at the LOS.
0YgcRZr.jpg
😂That picture gets me every time, reminding me of my oline when I played electric football way back when. My right tackle spinning in a circle while my left tackle darted towards the sideline.

To get a portal line man to play for Iowa, they need to be able to play zone offensive blocking and very few schools teach that.
Plenty of reasons why schools don’t. With rules makes it more and more difficult. But this shows the stubborn side of Kirk. Remember 1st time ever played at Rutgers Daniels had long td run called back due to questionable cut block on back side by RT on a run to the left. This year after Michigan game after Colby’s penalty which even joe klatt said was a bad call KF addressed it post game. Kind of sarcastically said in a year or so will probably be outlawed.

But does Iowa change? No. Continue to run it with more restrictive rules and less than stellar results.

Plenty of reasons why schools don’t. With rules makes it more and more difficult. But this shows the stubborn side of Kirk. Remember 1st time ever played at Rutgers Daniels had long td run called back due to questionable cut block on back side by RT on a run to the left. This year after Michigan game after Colby’s penalty which even joe klatt said was a bad call KF addressed it post game. Kind of sarcastically said in a year or so will probably be outlawed.

But does Iowa change? No. Continue to run it with more restrictive rules and less than stellar results.

Hmmmm, well that’s just not true! In fact a very quick google search shows it’s the primary concept for many NFL teams and they all run it some. College has more differentiation but it is still widely used and primarily by many, sooooo….

But hey, most of you chaps rarely stick to facts when fueling your rants.

I do wonder what rock you live under though because it’s hard to turn on the TV without hearing them talk about it especially in the NFL !

Hmmmm, well that’s just not true! In fact a very quick google search shows it’s the primary concept for many NFL teams and they all run it some. College has more differentiation but it is still widely used and primarily by many, sooooo….

But hey, most of you chaps rarely stick to facts when fueling your rants.

I do wonder what rock you live under though because it’s hard to turn on the TV without hearing them talk about it especially in the NFL !
Hmmm genius I was talking about college and the college rules that KF bitched about. And it’s not widely run in college game hence me responding to a comment about finding a transfer that runs an offense with it. It’s just flat out untrue that it’s the primary system used by schools in college for their running game out of pro style like Iowa. Let alone teams that even run pro and not the spread.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
Hmmm genius I was talking about college and the college rules that KF bitched about. And it’s not widely run in college game hence me responding to a comment about finding a transfer that runs an offense with it. It’s just flat out untrue that it’s the primary system used by schools in college for their running game so use your advice and Google it. Let alone most of the teams run pro style and used that way.

I’m sorry brother but it is, been down this road before, but believe what you want.

Reactions: hawktech
Ok bud you keep being you the guy who thinks he is never wrong and one of the biggest fan boys on the board.

Listen, if you’re gonna be a whiny baby know that I have probably said 15 times just in the last week. I don’t mind being wrong and I have readily admitted it many times. But you are just fueling your own delusions if you think there isnt lots and lots of teams in college football that utilize zone blocking.

I don’t care, believe whatever the hell you want. It’s just not accurate.!

Just a pure raw guess but I’d be willing to wager at least 50% of the teams in NCAA football that are “running teams” utilize some zone blocking

Reactions: Bishop1971
Ok bud you keep being you the guy who thinks he is never wrong and one of the biggest fan boys on the board.

I don’t even know what a fan boy is…. I can make assumptions though, and I have disproven that 1000 times too, keep being pissed buddy, keep being pissed.!!

You are correct. To try and teach the zone offense blocking is ridiculous now. A lot more colleges use man than zone. Iowa needs to learn plug and play

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
You are correct. To try and teach the zone offense blocking is ridiculous now. A lot more colleges use man than zone. Iowa needs to learn plug and play

So what 75 to 55…. Here is one thing I’ve learned about life if you want to dislike something, there are lots of reasons you can find.

Just because you cats want something to be true to fuel your beliefs doesn’t make them so….

Now, if you’re premise is our blocking sucks, then we are tracking but you acting like KF is stubborn for zone blocking…is one of the absolute stupidest things on a board full of stupid things!

Told myself I didn’t really care that much but yet here I am….

I would imagine if I put a lot of effort into it you would be shocked how many teams zone block!!

I’m done now…. But us zine blocking doesn’t make our coach stubborn or stupid.

Told myself I didn’t really care that much but yet here I am….

I would imagine if I put a lot of effort into it you would be shocked how many teams zone block!!

I’m done now…. But us zine blocking doesn’t make our coach stubborn or stupid.
Awesome thanks. 4 replies in a row and one example. Again you keep doing you.

• Love
Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Awesome thanks. 4 replies in a row and one example. Again you keep doing you.

Two examples & the more I read I think every team in the Big Ten probably zone blocks to some degree Penn State does Minnesota does……

So that’s Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Minnesota. Id guess even Wisconsin uses some zone blocking and I’m almost positive Michigan state does. I’m done now, you’re all wet!

Lots of reasons to hate this offense , but it isn’t the zone blocking!

Again, just sayin’….

Last edited:
Disagree. Plumb was content just staying at the LOS.
0YgcRZr.jpg
That single frame really says everything about Jack Plumb's years and years at tackle. Really DeJong as well. Not even looking to their right after discovering nothing but green in front of them.

If a lineman sees no one in front of him at the snap wouldn't they instinctively retreat to try and cover the QB? I mean they know something is coming from somewhere other than across from then.

That single frame really says everything about Jack Plumb's years and years at tackle. Really DeJong as well. Not even looking to their right after discovering nothing but green in front of them.

If a lineman sees no one in front of him at the snap wouldn't they instinctively retreat to try and cover the QB? I mean they know something is coming from somewhere other than across from then.

Yes, something is definitely amiss, and I’m not sure what! But it’s not Zone blocking conceptually. How we are coaching it, maybe…

listed on the locked on Hawkeyes pod cast title: " transfer portal buzz with".
I did NOT know that Kadyn is going to be an early enrollee! That's Huge. Being able to play spring ball is such an enormous benefit for true freshmen. Especially positions that take time to develop, like the OL.

Love this!

Frees up additional scholarship for additional punter.
No, TE is the position we prefer to overload: 2 out of the 3 portals, couple of good freshmen, and several serviceable walk-ons. We could probably field a decent team of 11 TEs.

That issue was HUGE and should have resulted in KF termination. It's sort of like saying
"I'm a fan of Joe Blow and him being a murderer is my only issue with him".

But the totality of the team has been better since 2014? That doesn’t even make sense!

Nor does your analogy!

From what I understand watching "Locked on Hawkeyes, Eye of the Hawkeye storm" and other podcasts. Iowa is happy with Mason Richmond at one tackle position and Proctor would be the other starter, so it does not sound to me like Iowa is pursuing OT's in the Portal. I would think if the staff were confident that Proctor was NOT going to honor his commitment then they would be actively pursuing an OT in the portal. SO, if they are not really looking, to me that says they are confident in Proctor's commitment. The guy on 'the eye of the Hawkeye storm" seems pretty confident that Proctor will sign with Iowa and is just taking the opportunity to see other schools on their dime. However, if I had a choice, I would try and land this big SOB from Kentucky and move Richmond to a guard. Hey, you can never have to much beef at tackle, and this guy along with Proctor would add a lot of beef at OT. Just sayin......;)

I know he’s “committed,” but it doesn’t seem like Iowa should be counting on Proctor to sign, let alone play.

Reactions: squeezebox
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT