ADVERTISEMENT

Ladji's Ceiling?

I sure hope Dembele develops like folks here are thinking. And hopefully Riley is finally ready to play. Along with Freeman that would be some serious inside play for next year.

And if Perk comes back - take this team minus PMac and Krikke and add Dembele (with higher minutes) and Riley.

Sounds pretty good to me.

Reactions: NI hawk
He is really strong, and will be the banger down low that will rebound the next 3 years, and be pretty good at it. With Freeman next to him to help, it'll open up those outside shots with Payton, Pryce, Dix, and Koch. Kid is going to be good.

stats comparison....

Ladji (FR)

2.1 pts
2.1 rbs
37.1 % fg

Dom (FR)

2.1 pts
1.8 rbs
36.1% fg

Dom Uhl may have been a great young man, don't know him. As far as a Basketball player, he was about as bad as they get. Uhls senior stats are 22% FG percent and 0.3 ppg for 2017-18 , Dom obviously didn't improve at all in his time at Iowa. If Dembele follows a more normal development track, he'll be a lot better.

Dom shot 18.5% from 3pt line as Freshman and Dembele is at 33%---so I would say that is a big stat in Dembele's favor since his game seems to be Stretch -4 with 3pt shooting highly featured and not so much paint scoring. It will all come down to how effect a 3pt shooter Dembele is or if he develops more of an inside paint game. At very least he's 6'8 and Physically very strong and can play defense in the paint and rebound. We can't say that about 6'8 - 6'9 senors Krikke or PMAC, though both can score at times and at times have had very positive games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT