ADVERTISEMENT

Last Scholarship

DavenportHawk8

HB All-American
Mar 10, 2014
Any ideas guys? I know the season just ended, but just wondering if any rumblings of possible targets?

Any idea on any transfers??

I would like Fran to get another Big player to help back up woodie, but I also don't want Fran to bring in another project. Need a Big that can contribute right away.

If not a big, get the best player available. Did I see where that PG from Illinois had 46pts in a game last week??

I think Fran has a behemoth Center locked up in a trunk in his basement. Jack has been sitting on the trunk making sure it is not opened and he cannot escape. Margaret has been plying him nightly with her famous caramel apple crisp. I expect a commitment very soon. I don't know his name but I heard something like Ralph Sampson Olajuwan Ewing O'Neil the third. I believe he is Irish. It's between us and Notre Dame.

Barnstormers intimated that Dale Jones from Tyler JUCO, a 6'8 stretch 4, was a very distinct possibility. I would also add that it sounds from other places that it's quite possible.

He sounds like a better shooting White, in terms of style. IIRC, he shot something like 45% from 3 this year, rebounds well and is really athletic.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Anderson a 6'8 234 lb PF just showed up on ESPN list of players with a offer from IA out of Ohio

still hoping for Tyler JUCO Ike 6'11 250 lb big to finish this class. he would be a SO when he comes in and is just as athletic as Gabe,

Ike has problems not committing fouls, he's no longer an option at this point and as noted Dale Jones is likey the last ride.

Originally posted by Hawkeye2222:

Anderson a 6'8 234 lb PF just showed up on ESPN list of players with a offer from IA out of Ohio

still hoping for Tyler JUCO Ike 6'11 250 lb big to finish this class. he would be a SO when he comes in and is just as athletic as Gabe,
Top 50 at his position is nice. 6-8 234 is not a bulky guy, but Im sure he can grow.

Saw a video of him from 2012-2013 and looks somewhat athletic. Like how he can catch and put the ball on the floor. Also has a nice mid-range jump shot. Pretty decent footwork as well. Kind of throws some shots up and they go in. Seems to have a nice touch around the rim. I like he catches it high and keeps it high. Doesn't bring it down like other players.

If this is all that is out there I wouldn't be upset if Fran took a chance on him. Seems like a decent player who could help us out at the 4 spot next year if needed.
This post was edited on 3/23 7:37 PM by DavenportHawk8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI-k3l8Mw-U

Troy Alexander out of Chicago, 6-10 265 lbs. We're on top of his list. Shoots 41% from 3 and 67% from 2. The next Kaminsky.

Originally posted by 2432Hawk:
Ike has problems not committing fouls, he's no longer an option at this point and as noted Dale Jones is likey the last ride.
Not directed at you, 2432, but Tom has stated numerous times that Ike isn't an option any more. I don't know that he has stated specifically why, but it sounds like he hasn't developed as much as was hoped.

And with Jones, it sounds like there is fire causing that smoke.

Originally posted by ynglbc:
Troy Alexander out of Chicago, 6-10 265 lbs. We're on top of his list. Shoots 41% from 3 and 67% from 2. The next Kaminsky.
Do you know something we don't and have a link by chance?

Originally posted by StormHawk42:
I googled it and nothing comes up.

I don't know where he got that info from, but even the guy who covers chicago land hoops hasn't heard of the kid. Me thinks it a made up name.

Originally posted by DavenportHawk8:

I don't know where he got that info from, but even the guy who covers chicago land hoops hasn't heard of the kid. Me thinks it a made up name.
I came up with several Troy Alexander's, including a BBall player that graduated HS in 2010, but no one that matches this supposed Iowa recruit. Based on the shooting %'s I'd say someone is trolling.

Originally posted by seer_hawk:

I came up with several Troy Alexander's, including a BBall player that graduated HS in 2010, but no one that matches this supposed Iowa recruit. Based on the shooting %'s I'd say someone is trolling.

Not sure I'd call ynglbc a troll at all. But something is amiss. Wrong name perhaps? Hoping our informant will offer a link.

Originally posted by DanL53:
Sorry, I felt like being a comedian. Wish we could find someone like that.
Not funny.
I know ynglbc as a legitimate poster here, but after thinking about it (and doing a little digging) I figured he was making this one up.
chairshot.r191677.gif

there is a name in another thread, 6'9/10 Mike Edwards out of Michigan, very little info out there on him but there is a video posted in that thread.

Sometimes you guys make it so tempting to make up super man on here.

I think Fran will surprise us all and find someone really good to fill the spot. We need a good rebounder with hops. If he can make a few buckets then fine, but I think we'll have enough scoring.

Dale Jones

Let the good times roll !!!!!
Has he had any other offers? I have seen some clips from when he was in high school. I am curious if any other programs are looking at him.

Dale Jones

Let the good times roll !!!!!
Has he had any other offers? I have seen some clips from when he was in high school. I am curious if any other programs are looking at him.
Evidently there are. But it sounds like the Hawks are sitting in excellent shape with him given the ties. I would expect if his visit goes well for a commitment to come either on the visit or shortly thereafter.

Keep in mind, he'll be a RS JR next fall with 2 years of eligibility. So he would go into Jok's class. Given the near term needs of the team, and the guys Fran is recruiting for the 2016 class, I'd prefer Jones to Edwards. Jones should be able to step in and immediately provide good minutes as a backup to Uhl/Uthoff/Woody if not start at the 4. I'm not sure Edwards would be able to do that other than because they need him too, as opposed to him being ready. Jones should be ready.

It's interesting that Iowa would wait to bring him in for another 3 weekends when he is such a focus for the staff, especially since other majors are interested. Perhaps the timing didn't work out for Dale to come any sooner...

Are you the same guy that keeps repeating the moped jokes?

Originally posted by black&gold95:

It's interesting that Iowa would wait to bring him in for another 3 weekends when he is such a focus for the staff, especially since other majors are interested. Perhaps the timing didn't work out for Dale to come any sooner...
I'm not exactly sure how long and when, but there is a dead period coming up where we can have no visits. I am pretty sure it's in place during the Final Four, which is heavily attended by coaches.

Where did you see a visit date?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT