ADVERTISEMENT

Leadership: From Dr. Tom to Kirk Ferentz

cidsports

HR King
Dr. Tom Davis had a good relationship with Gary Dolphin, after all, while doing play by play for Northwestern, Gary got to call two Iowa games each season.

Ironically, I think Gary is far better for football, then basketball today. Maybe, it's the rivalry with current head basketball Fran McCaffery?

The Leader at Iowa certainly gave Gary Dolphin excellent advise coming off the 2018-19 season.

Hey, just get it rectified,” Dolphin recalled from his conversation with (Kirk) Ferentz. “Get it corrected. Be yourself, don’t change your personality; we know who you are. We know that you didn’t mean anything vindictive or vicious about your comments. But the world has changed. You haven’t.”

The 2018 season was special at the kickoff. Scott Dochterman's The Athletic article on the hiring of Kirk Ferentz was Pure Gold.

Ferentz is the gold standard for me and Iowa Football. Love his leadership. I pray prudence and ethics remains, as he ages.

2019 is the 130th anniversary of Iowa Football and the 150th anniversary of College Football.

I pray it is a special one throughout our nation. Sport is a great way to come together as families, as neighbors and fans.

I was once a huge baseball fan. I loved the NBA. But, today, sport is really only a game, but it is something that brings me back to my father, who passed away, 5 years ago this August.

Mom, will be 90 next month. Two of my daughters are enjoying Sunday morning, with her down in Arizona today.

Iowa Football and family was always a very special weekend activity from 1974 to 2010.

We stopped attending each game at Kinnick as a family, when Nebraska joined the Big Ten. I gave up my season tickets after the 2010 season.

I have attended at least one game in Kinnick from 1974 to 2018. However, unsure what 2019 will bring?

But, I am certainly looking forward to Iowa's 130th anniversary and College Football's 150th.

Great article by Scott Dochterman. Another great one.

peace

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News