ADVERTISEMENT

Legislative branch poll

What party would you typically like the 3 legislative branches of govt to be consisted of?

• Split Govt

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Republican

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Democrat

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • I'm here for the comments

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters

Jedhawk77

HB All-State
Jun 7, 2015
I'm really starting to follow more closely the congressional races and that will determine my federal govt votes. We all know this board leans left and is heavily anti Trump. I'm curious how far left this board is.

The Republicans hate governing and they suck at it. So, they pretty much disqualify themselves. If we had a conservative party interested in governing then I would say a split government, but we no longer have that. The only thing I can think of is Reaganomics have been shown to be a complete failure time and time again but Republicans can't come up with another economic policy that does what they want (make rich people richer) while middle class and poor people don't realize it.

I'm really starting to follow more closely the congressional races and that will determine my federal govt votes. We all know this board leans left and is heavily anti Trump. I'm curious how far left this board is.
Lol. The GOP isn't fit to govern. Common sense, not far left is why.

Reactions: nelly02

The only thing I know is that there are not 3 legislative branches of government in these United State of America.

Reactions: JWolf74
I’m assuming you are talking about the House, Senate, and the Deep State as the three “legislative branches?” If so, obviously two don’t matter and only one is controlling everything. So I want them to be aliens. Or lizard people.

The only thing I know is that there are not 3 legislative branches of government in these United State of America.
c366118a-e9a2-4fcc-ac81-439e631c6762_text.gif

Reactions: Jerome Silberman
VERY...............................................It's like Havana north

The Republicans hate governing and they suck at it. So, they pretty much disqualify themselves. If we had a conservative party interested in governing then I would say a split government, but we no longer have that. The only thing I can think of is Reaganomics have been shown to be a complete failure time and time again but Republicans can't come up with another economic policy that does what they want (make rich people richer) while middle class and poor people don't realize it.
This exactly. Split government is ideal that way we get representation from all and come to a compromised solution.

But in our current climate one side isn't interested in that at all it is their way or the highway and their way sucks donkey balls. So I voted Democrat because I think they are adult enough to show some restraint if they do have control of it all. If a conservative party with actual adults running it ever shows back up I'll gladly go back to wanting split government, but until then it's all blue for me and I don't care if you call me a Marxist commie go right ahead.

As one who constantly seeks to defend the structure of our g on the ground that its supposed to be slow and moderating in terms of consensus, and not a parliamentary system, I’m tempted to say “it’s fine to have one party to control both” because the system is the moderator. But I’ll say split control because right now we need a little more political juice to back up the systemic incentives. I’ll take the senate control.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT