ADVERTISEMENT

Legit/real or not, WH tweet leaks are fantastic entertainment...

EmyFvpwUcAIDzc2

P20170614JB-0303-2-1024x683.jpg

If he was anyone else they would have arrested him by now. But they need to make certain that all i's are dotted and all t's crossed and that conviction is guaranteed. If they make even one mistake in this case it will end in absolute disaster for this country. Trump and his cretin followers will call it all a political witch hunt and attack it every way they can (And we know they don't need actual evidence). That is in fact the only thing that saved our nation last time, that they were so bad at cheating that even their own judges laughed at them so those in the middle just moved on. But if he gets actual legal loopholes, it will be all the fire he needs to "prove" corruption to many other people who may have wavered last time.

If he was anyone else they would have arrested him by now. But they need to make certain that all i's are dotted and all t's crossed and that conviction is guaranteed. If they make even one mistake in this case it will end in absolute disaster for this country. Trump and his cretin followers will call it all a political witch hunt and attack it every way they can (And we know they don't need actual evidence). That is in fact the only thing that saved our nation last time, that they were so bad at cheating that even their own judges laughed at them so those in the middle just moved on. But if he gets actual legal loopholes, it will be all the fire he needs to "prove" corruption to many other people who may have wavered last time.

While I fully agree with you regarding the dotting/crossing of Is and Ts...

They could have him on video admitting to it (they do) and a plan in writing (they do) along with all kinds of testimony from others regarding his involvement (they likely do) and he and he supporters will still call it a political witch hunt.

He, his followers and his mouthpieces (Tucker, Hannity, etc) have now the doors off of decency and reality so far that it will take (literally) at least a generation, maybe more, to get the doors put back on.

Evidently, him standing in front of a crowd of tens of thousands of people on national television admitting all of his crimes isn't enough evidence to criminally convict somebody in a court of law.
Can't blame him. Never been held accountable for anything. Might as well not dance around things. And say what u feel. I'm untouchable you all.

Reactions: BioHawk
While I fully agree with you regarding the dotting/crossing of Is and Ts...

They could have him on video admitting to it (they do) and a plan in writing (they do) along with all kinds of testimony from others regarding his involvement (they likely do) and he and he supporters will still call it a political witch hunt.

He, his followers and his mouthpieces (Tucker, Hannity, etc) have now the doors off of decency and reality so far that it will take (literally) at least a generation, maybe more, to get the doors put back on.
No, I agree. That 1/3 of Americans who worship at his feet are going to do whatever he says up until it's something that inconveniences them. (We saw their response to vaccines when he pushed those). But what I'm concerned with is that smaller group in the middle who rolled their eyes at his nonsense about election issues last time because his claims were so ridiculous. And thankfully that's because his clingers were completely inept at their jobs. But if he gets arrested and he is able to pick any legitimate holes in the case, those who lean Republican but weren't willing to go that far might get sucked in. You need to hold him accountable and setup processes so this doesn't happen again; but you can't set the whole country on fire when you do it by pouring gasoline on a man already holding a blowtorch.

Reactions: SSG T
This is bad on multiple levels.

The obvious one is, to attempt that is illegal. The second is "Yay, WTG Patriot Act to make it easier to collect data on US citizens who aren't breaking the law".

Can we get rid of the Patriot Act and DHS yet?

Forgot the link...

• Wow
Reactions: Joes Place
And not a word will be heard from the usual suspects who bleat slow Joe.

Not a cult.
That's the thing that drives me insane. Joe speaks slow primarily due to his stuttering issue and they lambast him over it, but most of the time what he says makes sense. Trump doesn't even form proper sentences and when they do it's about as smart as something a middle schooler would come up with and they want to pretend he was the greatest president ever. The whole thing is just so weird.

That's the thing that drives me insane. Joe speaks slow primarily due to his stuttering issue and they lambast him over it, but most of the time what he says makes sense. Trump doesn't even form proper sentences and when they do it's about as smart as something a middle schooler would come up with and they want to pretend he was the greatest president ever. The whole thing is just so weird.

I agree; he's definitely not a polished public speaker. There were LOTS of cringe-worthy moments during the SOTU

But what he says is well-thought out and informed.

Reactions: cigaretteman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT