ADVERTISEMENT

Les Miles

Think Aranda is regretting leaving Wisconsin to go down there? Maybe not due to the cash..

For those wanting to hire Les Miles:

Please ask him after... he's busy. Thank you very much. Have a great day!

I cannot stand to listen to Les Miles speak. Literally have to hit mute or turn the channel, it's like a phobia. Guy is beyond annoying.

I'd keep an eye on stoops and Oklahoma... That ship isn't righted or even Kelly and nd... Miles may be going to one of those quite possibly... Or he will jump on Bamas coaching staff... Who knows

He was 63-39 with a National Championship and a 7-4 bowl record. That would get you a lifetime contract at Iowa ..... LSU is not happy with that ... good for them. They at least want to be in the NC picture each year .... we are happy with a 2 loss season every so often.
With the recruiting classes he had at LSU that record wouldn't be good anywhere. You take his recruiting classes his whole term at LSU and bring those players to Iowa I guarantee we have Conference Championships damn near every year. What kind of record would Les Miles have had if he had two and three star recruits to work with each year? He would have lasted 1 year. Is it really that hard for some people to understand? Feels like half the people on this board are children who you keep telling no, and are not intellectually intelligent enough to understand it. Why don't one of you stat people go and look at recruiting class rankings for each year Les Miles was at LSU, and compare that to Iowa. That should tell you why Les Miles got fired.

Reactions: David1979
Anybody listen to Mike and Mike today?

I couldn't help but to think of KF when both Mikes and the guests were talking about Miles. Inability to develop QBs, insistence on not adapting his offense to today's standards, wasting his WR talent (did you know OBJ wasn't even first team SEC and now he's one of the best in the NFL?)... at any rate, the LSU fan base got sick of boring football, and Miles who has accomplished a lot and really does coach similarly to KF has been fired. I'm just saying, there are lots of similarities, with the big difference being quality of the recruits.

Reactions: mstp1992
He was 63-39 with a National Championship and a 7-4 bowl record. That would get you a lifetime contract at Iowa ..... LSU is not happy with that ... good for them. They at least want to be in the NC picture each year .... we are happy with a 2 loss season every so often.

He was 114-34 at LSU. That's a pretty darn good record no matter where you are.

Anybody listen to Mike and Mike today?

I couldn't help but to think of KF when both Mikes and the guests were talking about Miles. Inability to develop QBs, insistence on not adapting his offense to today's standards, wasting his WR talent (did you know OBJ wasn't even first team SEC and now he's one of the best in the NFL?)... at any rate, the LSU fan base got sick of boring football, and Miles who has accomplished a lot and really does coach similarly to KF has been fired. I'm just saying, there are lots of similarities, with the big difference being quality of the recruits.
I did not hear Mike and Mike today. The LSU fans I met at Lambeau said it is all about winning. This came up in a discussion about GB Hall of Famer and LSU alum Jim Taylor (who was at the game). Said as long as they move the chains, didn't care if it was by air (ala a Tommy Hodson quarterback) or a smash-mouth back like Taylor.

Last edited:
I did not hear Mike and Mike today. The LSU fans I met at Lambeau said it is all about winning. This came up in a discussion about GB Hall of Famer and LSU alum Jim Taylor (who was at the game). Said as long as they move the chains, did care if it was by air (ala a Tommy Hodson quarterback) or a smash-mouth back like Taylor.

Well, I guess that's true - Iowa proves it for the most part. Sure, there were some signs of "New Kirk" during the 12-0 run in 2015. But as soon as the team drops a couple of winnable games, the critics are going to pounce.

And let's be totally fair here too - if Iowa had some sort of gun-slinging offense and played more free-wheeling games with higher scores, fans would still be upset at losses.

My thought is if I could choose between MOSTLY going 8-4 in boring games or MOSTLY going 8-4 in "fun" games, I'm picking the latter every time. LSU fans would probably say the same, but switch the record to 10-2.

Call me crazy, but I also tend to think the recruits would be better at some positions in the latter case?

Who is happy???

This whole "Iowa fans are content with a mediocre program" idea is a myth. Iowa fans have turned into some of the most unhappy people I have ever met. If KF did win a couple national titles I am convinced we would complain it didn't happen sooner.

Ive never understood why programs fire a coach in the middle of the season? Miles won a NC in 2007, you would think that would be enough to let him finish the season?

The team that is winning in this situation is Baylor since they don't have a permanent coach they can be the first to hire somebody.
I think Baylor makes a run at Miles and Herman but I don't think Herman would go to Baylor. Herman to LSU or Kiffin to LSU makes sense.
I wonder if Dantonio would go to LSU. That seems like a really good fit to me.

Ive never understood why programs fire a coach in the middle of the season? Miles won a NC in 2007, you would think that would be enough to let him finish the season?

THey should have fired him last year. It seemed he was a dead man walking toward the end of last season. There were rumors about Fisher being hired. Then they keep Les for this season only to fire him after losing to a good Wisc team and a heartbreaker to Auburn.
Doesn't make sense. LSU should have let him finish. I doubt Ed O can lead LSU by Alabama.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT