ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone take a road trip recently?

Make sure to do the Bronco Off-Rodeo. I did the one in Moab when I purchased my Bronco Sport. I ended up trading my sport in for a Bronco Sasquatch and did the Off-Rodeo for that in Vegas this summer. Both were super cool experiences.

The Sport is a compromise. For my photo hobby and all purposes the Bronco Sport is ideal. Roomier and economical with 4 wheel capability. Not a rock climber like the FJ but more road worthy. I'm too old to try be cool. Maybe a lift kit down the road, but why, really.

I still haven't sold my FJ Cruiser. Damn sweet machine.

I love road trips. Last year I stayed in IC, KC, OKC, ABQ then Phoenix. Went to an iowa game, then kansas-wichita game and negro league HOF in kc, a thunder game and steakhouse in OKC and a breaking bad tour and the gondola in ABQ. Stopped in Amarillo for bbq. Had a blast. 24 hours of driving but took my time.

I visit my folks in Phoenix every year. This year I'm thinking of going to Denver and then Provo on the way to Phx. Hopefully time it for a nebraska or Creighton game on the first night before the Nebraska death march

Drive back was brutal.. flying back this year

Also I like to do a day roadtrip to Michigan every few months to load up on gummies. Great drive if you follow the lake

Reactions: BrianNole777
I love road trips. Last year I stayed in IC, KC, OKC, ABQ then Phoenix. Went to an iowa game, then kansas-wichita game and negro league HOF in kc, a thunder game and steakhouse in OKC and a breaking bad tour and the gondola in ABQ. Stopped in Amarillo for bbq. Had a blast. 24 hours of driving but took my time.

I visit my folks in Phoenix every year. This year I'm thinking of going to Denver and then Provo on the way to Phx. Hopefully time it for a nebraska or Creighton game on the first night before the Nebraska death march

Drive back was brutal.. flying back this year

Also I like to do a day roadtrip to Michigan every few months to load up on gummies. Great drive if you follow the lake

Where do you live?

Do you road trip by yourself?

Also a good day road trip in the QC is going the IL route to Sabula then to Bellevue. I took that drive a few weeks ago. It's an absolutely gorgeous drive.. incredible in the winter with eagles. Some good spots in Bellevue too. Ended up taking that drive over bix weekend to get away and ended up at Field of dreams for the first time in my life. /csb

Not recently. Back in 2020 I took a couple: SoCal to Florida, up to North Carolina, and back. And SoCal to NY and back. Both were a month long (made a lot of stops to visited/stayed with friends along the way).

Edit, also made a separate trip to and stayed in Texas for two weeks and then went and stayed in Vegas for a week.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Not recently. Back in 2020 I took a couple: SoCal to Florida, up to North Carolina, and back. And SoCal to NY and back. Both were a month long (made a lot of stops to visited/stayed with friends along the way).

Wow!

During covid?

What was your favorite scenery/state?

The further west I've been is New Mexico.

Where do you live?

Do you road trip by yourself?
In the QC. I normally fly down there and stay in phx for a few weeks but decided to road trip solo last time and had a blast. Footnote I had just gotten out of a terrible relationship so it was much needed.

I stopped at every sight seeing. The Cadillacs ranch with buried cars in Amarillo. Went to the route 66 sign somewhere in nm. Petrified forest. Rv breaking bad tour in abq lol. Bbq in Texas, steak in ok, green chili in abq. Was fun. Plus I had never seen that area of the country and it was gorgeous

Will never make that trip again tho. Was a tough stretch from okc to abq

Wow!

During covid?

What was your favorite scenery/state?

The further west I've been is New Mexico.
Yup, didn't have anything to do and friends wanted to go, so I figured that would be fun.

That's a tough one. I'm a beach guy, so I always like going to Florida (and liked North Carolina as well, the beaches and mountain areas). Driving through some scenic areas of Tennesse was rather pretty. New Mexico, in certain places, was also pretty cool.

Yup, didn't have anything to do and friends wanted to go, so I figured that would be fun.

That's a tough one. I'm a beach guy, so I always like going to Florida (and liked North Carolina as well, the beaches and mountain areas). Driving through some scenic areas of Tennesse was rather pretty. New Mexico, in certain places, was also pretty cool.

I drove through New Mexico to an Indian reservation to gamble from El Paso in 2008.

It was cool.

Drove from Iowa (Cedar Valley) to the Smokey mountains for a 4 day hiking trip with my wife and son. Drove back and then left from Iowa and drove to Washington state the next day with my entire family (wife and 4 kids). I drove every mile of it.

The states I haven't visited:

Montana
Idaho
Utah
Oregon
Neveda
New Mexico
Alaska

I've seen them all from the air. But like photography, If I don't shoot them, I don't show them.

So, I need to do a master road trip before I croak. Alaska may be out of reach.

The states I haven't visited:

Montana
Idaho
Utah
Oregon
Neveda
New Mexico
Alaska

I've seen them all from the air. But like photography, If I don't shoot them, I don't show them.

So, I need to do a master road trip before I croak. Alaska may be out of reach.

I heard Utah is amazing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT