ADVERTISEMENT

Leshun Daniels has broken

icu81222

HB All-American
Dec 4, 2008
Most of the agility and strength records for Iowa RBS in the KF era.

That is very surprising considering his body type and size.

Particularly with the quality of RBS that have come through Iowa. How is that going to translate to the field this year assuming no airbhg?

I'm hoping for big things from the running backs. I suspect our new tackles may run block better than they pass protect, especially as they get their feet wet and figure things out. There should be more speed at the position than there was with Weisman and Bullock and we should see more cutback opportunities. I think this means we will need to establish a good ground game to open up the passing lanes for CJB and keep the pass rush honest.

Reactions: MadDogC
He set the pro agility (3.98), bench press (405 lbs), and 10 yard dash records for RB's in the KF era.

Wegher has the best forty time and Jermelle Lewis the best vertical. Lewis also has the squat record.

thanks Blair.

I would argue that the pro agility and 10 yard dash are the most impressive of those measurements.40's and bench aren't quite as relative IMO. Hopefully it does equate to broken tackles and big runs.

thanks Blair.

I would argue that the pro agility and 10 yard dash are the most impressive of those measurements.40's and bench aren't quite as relative IMO. Hopefully it does equate to broken tackles and big runs.

I would argue 40's are absolutely relevant and critical as it relates to RB's...once you hit the second level, can you turn a 10 yd run into 50 or even better take it to the house? You need explosive plays from the RB position. I get what you are saying though, agility and initial burst are very important at RB, but so is top end speed. Sure there are exceptions over the ears of guys that lack top end speed that excel(Emmitt Smith comes to mind) but after watching a fullback play tailback for the past three years, I'd love it if Iowa would return to having explosive players at the RB position. LeShun seems to have a good amount of physical skills and athleticism, hope he has a great year.

The 40 is useless unless its timed with pads on. Pads make a big difference to some guys for some reason.

40 yd dash is of little import. If you watch the combine the scouts evaluate first 10 yds more than total 40. First 10 evaluates explosiveness and quickness.

The 40 is useless unless its timed with pads on. Pads make a big difference to some guys for some reason.
And a football in your hands. Big difference

Look at pics of Wadley. His ball security isn't great in some of his pics.

Reaction and quickness are what matter the most for a RB. Two things you cannot measure very easily. Let's hope he has it.

Body wise, he just doesn't appear to be the kind of guy capable of athletic moves and breakaway speed. He is very thick, even with the weight loss.

It will be very interesting to see how he looks the first game.

Body wise, he just doesn't appear to be the kind of guy capable of athletic moves and breakaway speed. He is very thick, even with the weight loss.

It will be very interesting to see how he looks the first game.

I agree. Looking forward to our running game overall.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT