ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s talk John Wayne

He’s an American treasure. Keep in mind he cranked out a lot of movies, so some were awful, but in his prime under the direction of John Ford and Howard Hawks his movies were as good as they get. Sometimes sexist, sometimes racist, he countered with some surprisingly good roles for women and minorities in his movies.
A lot of the later years were needlessly political and poor movies when judged in modern times, but entertaining for the era.

Reactions: Tom Paris
He’s an American treasure. Keep in mind he cranked out a lot of movies, so some were awful, but in his prime under the direction of John Ford and Howard Hawks his movies were as good as they get. Sometimes sexist, sometimes racist, he countered with some surprisingly good roles for women and minorities in his movies.
A lot of the later years were needlessly political and poor movies when judged in modern times, but entertaining for the era.

Watch the video, then get back to me and tell me he wouldn't be a MAGA

I get that he was a big deal back in the day, but IMO he’s borderline unwatchable in these modern times.

Convince me otherwise.
mc-clintok-johnwayne.gif

😜

As a kid, I thought it was cool that he was born a short distance from my hometown. As an adult, it became apparent that he was another Hollywood shill with little to say but a big platform to say it. He had some OK movies, but he's about as cowboy as I am. Idolized far beyond his contribution imo.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT