ADVERTISEMENT

Let us disect Iowa's three remaining home games. This is kinda interesting.

HemiHawk

HR All-American
Sep 30, 2001
NW - One of Fitz's worst teams. I think Iowa finds a way to win this game at home despite Fitz giving Ferentz fits.
Wiscy - fired head coach during season
Debbie - fired head coach during season

(A loss to the OSU and a win over NW puts Iowa at 4-4.)
(I am assuming Iowa loses to PU and Minny.)

For arguement's sake, if Iowa finds a way to beat NW it could actually get bowl eligible by winning two home games over two programs that just fired their head coaches. However, wouldn't it be a fitting end if Iowa loses at home to two programs who made coaching changes while Iowa refuses to do so?

NW - One of Fitz's worst teams. I think Iowa finds a way to win this game at home despite Fitz giving Ferentz fits.

For arguement's sake, if Iowa finds a way to beat NW it could actually get bowl eligible by winning two home games over two programs that just fired their head coaches. However, wouldn't it be a fitting end if Iowa loses at home to two programs who made coaching changes while Iowa refuses to do so?
Oh I fully expect us to lose to Wisconsin yet again. Leonard will look like their savior they've always wanted and the Badgers will at least temporarily right the ship enough to have some success this season, including surviving our awful offense/play calling.

It will probably end up being the most frustrating game of the year, once again.....

Can't imagine this board if we lost to this NW team at home. I don't think that will happen, they are horrible. The other two at this point I expect to lose.

Reactions: not_mantiteo

It's possible, and highly likely this team finishes with a 5-7 record. Despite the poor competition the remainder of the season (sans Ohio State and Minny), I don't see more than two more victories, unless the defense scores several times during the stretch, which is possible. Another year of a solid defense wasted.

Reactions: not_mantiteo
There is a SLIGHT chance that we'll beat both NW and Neb, but not Wisky. They and their interim HC are going to beat our dinosaur-led arses.

I'm probably wrong but....I can't believe even Ferentz will plow through the entire season with this horrible offensive performance without making a QB change. I could see Petras getting "dinged" just enough at Ohio State that it affords Kirk the opportunity to put Padilla in the game....and save face (in his own mind) while doing it.

Should that happen, it will be interesting to see what lift Alex can give them. I think the offensive performance will be better....not because Alex is a better QB....but because the team will respond to the change and many other players will play a little better. The collective small improvements could result in measurable overall improvement. I'm ready for that "experiment" to take place.

Reactions: CoachJaxKnows
But if Petrus gets hurt, season ending hurt, he will definitely be back next year.
Hmmmm....

But if Petrus gets hurt, season ending hurt, he will definitely be back next year.
Hmmmm....
If Petras gets hurt, our offensive coaches, as Kirk stated last year, “Might as well just stay home” for the rest of the games. In fact if that happens in game, maybe all the offensive coaches should just start waiving the white towels above their head, and everyone walks to the locker room and we just call it a season. That’s basically what we are hearing at this point. 🤷‍♂️ Iowa would then proceed to raise ticket price for next year because the great camaraderie of the offense!

Last edited:
Can't imagine this board if we lost to this NW team at home. I don't think that will happen, they are horrible. The other two at this point I expect to lose.

Well, Patty Fitz will totally clog the LOS on defense, blitz from every where and have a free rusher heading toward Petras/QB on every play. That is how he has beaten the hawks and Ferentz so many times. Iowa's defense and punting will have to keep them in this game.

Fitz coaches like he has nothing to lose which is true a lot of times for jNW.

With this offense.....Iowa is vulnerable to get beat by Upper Iowa much less any power five opponent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT