ADVERTISEMENT

Let us not forget the Obama cult...

fallhawk

Scout Team
Nov 3, 2009
I was never a fan of his policies, but I appreciated him as a person and family man.

Hard to deny the Presidential Cult thing didn’t started with him. If your eight year boner went down on the last day of his presidency, you were part of it!

Last edited:
Reactions: ctghawk

You don't say.....

Imagine the sh**storm that would happen if school children were indoctrinated like this for Trump.
And before anyone freaks out, it was wrong then and it would be wrong now.

He sure as hell was an upgrade over Junior...and he owns Trump. Clinton was a much better POTUS though. In my lifetime, only LBJ might have been a more effective President than Clinton. That damn LBJ got things DONE!

Reactions: h-hawk
Yes, he did... killed a lot of American boys and Vietnamese people.

He and Nixon. Sorry strumm, LBJ doesn’t carry sole responsibility here. Not even close. In ‘65-66, when Nam was winding up, there was very little opposition to our role there.
Was it a mistake...yep. But, that certainly does not counter LBJ and his war on bigotry and poverty and his Great American Society Dream. Ol’ Lyndon is a real study of contradictions but dammit, he loved power and was not afraid to use it in good ways.

He and Nixon. Sorry strumm, LBJ doesn’t carry sole responsibility here. Not even close. In ‘65-66, when Nam was winding up, there was very little opposition to our role there.
Was it a mistake...yep. But, that certainly does not counter LBJ and his war on bigotry and poverty and his Great American Society Dream. Ol’ Lyndon is a real study of contradictions but dammit, he loved power and was not afraid to use it in good ways.
Nixon was a moron, too. LBJ ramped-up immense US military operations and presence in SE Asia. It overshadowed the good things. America never should have been there. It was a huge factor in the generation of youth who distrusted the government, which still exists.

Partisans like you never admit accountability or blame. Your first instinct is to deflect and point to the other side's complicity first. Well... no shit... Republicans and Nixon fvcked up big time, too

Nixon was a moron, too. LBJ ramped-up immense US military operations and presence in SE Asia. It overshadowed the good things. America never should have been there. It was a huge factor in the generation of youth who distrusted the government, which still exists.

Partisans like you never admit accountability or blame. Your first instinct is to deflect and point to the other side's complicity first. Well... no shit... Republicans and Nixon fvcked up big time, too
I am a student of the time strum. The fact is we were there. There were solid reasons given at the time why we were there. You understand, the huge role the “ John Birchers” of the GOP played in national politics of the day? All this stuff played huge roles in our getting more heavily involved. Johnson listened to the Generals...he shouldn’t have, in hindsight. Kennedy learned his lesson fron The Bay of Pigs...LBJ learned his lesson in Vietnam Nam.
Again, history shows me the way. The fact is that Nixon got elected President because he had “ a secret plan”...The plan was to short- circuit negotiTions to end the war and to eventually expand the war far beyond LBJ’s expansion. But, “deflect” not so much. What happened 50-60 years ago is well documented. Plenty of blame to go around it “ deflect and point” not so much. Just remembering, living and understanding the times..It was much more complicated then than now, honestly.

Reactions: 3 and Out on D
I am a student of the time strum. The fact is we were there. There were solid reasons given at the time why we were there. You understand, the huge role the “ John Birchers” of the GOP played in national politics of the day? All this stuff played huge roles in our getting more heavily involved. Johnson listened to the Generals...he shouldn’t have, in hindsight. Kennedy learned his lesson fron The Bay of Pigs...LBJ learned his lesson in Vietnam Nam.
Again, history shows me the way. The fact is that Nixon got elected President because he had “ a secret plan”...The plan was to short- circuit negotiTions to end the war and to eventually expand the war far beyond LBJ’s expansion. But, “deflect” not so much. What happened 50-60 years ago is well documented. Plenty of blame to go around it “ deflect and point” not so much. Just remembering, living and understanding the times..It was much more complicated then than now, honestly.
More deflecting. You're a good Democrat.

Reactions: MikeyHawk
He sure as hell was an upgrade over Junior...and he owns Trump. Clinton was a much better POTUS though. In my lifetime, only LBJ might have been a more effective President than Clinton. That damn LBJ got things DONE!
Ugh! Double ugh! Goldwater would have been a better president than that creep LBJ. LBJ was as crooked as they come and fit right in in swampy DC as he was nothing but pond scum.

Don't agree about LBJ and listening to generals because he was planning to enlarge Vietnam War even before he got elected while saying the opposite.

I was never a fan of his policies, but I appreciated him as a person and family man.

Hard to deny the Presidential Cult thing didn’t started with him. If your eight year boner went down on the last day of his presidency, you were part of it!
the dems on this board all had a boner for Clinton too

Ugh! Double ugh! Goldwater would have been a better president than that creep LBJ. LBJ was as crooked as they come and fit right in in swampy DC as he was nothing but pond scum.

Don't agree about LBJ and listening to generals because he was planning to enlarge Vietnam War even before he got elected while saying the opposite.

One good thing you can say about Goldwater, he knew presidential wrong doing when he saw it, something that you can't say about today's republicans, minus Mitt Romney.

Liberals complained he was too moderate. Some blacks thought he was too white. He was criticized a lot within his own party.

When Democrats collectively embrace obvious lies for him, cower in fear of him, suck and swallow for him, willfully ignore reality for him, and ostracize and kick out of the party anyone critical of him, then you can come back and tell us about this "Obama cult."

Shocking a Southerner would approve of Goldwater.

Wasn't Viet Nam dubbed McNamara's War???

An avid Trump fan who voted for Obama in '08. He is a racist and police hater. I've seen that pic of him bowing to mideast oilers. It's disgusting.
Were you a racist when you voted for Obama, or only when you voted for Trump? ;)

Could the eight year boner folks please make themselves known? Thanks in advance.

@BlackNGoldBleeder "Liberals complained he was too moderate. Some blacks thought he was too white. He was criticized a lot within his own party."

That's racist but the 24/7 racism peddlers/hucksters will never admit it.

I didn’t agree with most of Obama’s policies but everyone has to admit he was a fantastic speaker. He motivated people.
yep, he was(and is) excellent at that. Fantastic to listen to. He also managed to hold a family together even though he's lived a very public life in a very divisive time.

I agree clinton was an effective president, although what in your mind makes him effective? I think most would say the economy and how it thrived under him. When Hillary talked about policy on the 2016 campaign trail, she often cited Bill's economic mastery.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT