ADVERTISEMENT

Let's recruit Australia.

pkongsh

HB Heisman
Dec 28, 2004
The Florida / fertile recruiting ground thread got me thinking. We need to be creative to compete. Have you all seen what Jarryd Hayne has done for the 49ers this preseason? I would have never guessed that rugby would translate this well. Sure the guy is a good athlete, a professional athlete, but his vision and cutback ability is elite. It's almost funny to watch how well he sets up blocks and would be defenders, making quick cuts to avoid even getting touched in the open field. He's at like 28 yards a punt return so far. When they played him at RB, it only took a couple carries before he did the same and broke off like a 50 yarder.

I know there have been a lot of pro baseball players come back to college football. What stops us from recruiting a couple of the younger elite players? They making too much money? Endorsement money make them ineligible? Sure the best might want to follow Hayne, but there are probably some studs who would need a few years in the game before shooting for the NFL.

Likely stupid, but after the way Haynes has looked, I could see this becoming a thing. Why not spearhead it? Kevin Costner can play Greg Davis someday when our Aussie wins the Heisman.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News