ADVERTISEMENT

Let's start over on any evidence of gambling/cheating/point shaving by Iowa Athletes

You would think so and if this is not true about Bruce then the poster who started this rumor on this site needs to be tightly regulated or worse
I don't think 111 people are tied to Bruce. And I highly doubt the number of people spread among multiple sports and staff, and including ISU, would be about shaving

From what I've heard, there's nothing to indicate that any game was ever compromised through gambling by a player or staff member.

The issues are probably gonna be underage gambling/athletes and staff in violation of NCAA policies on betting while affiliated with a college or university.

My biggest issue with this is how Iowa and Iowa State and the Iowa Gaming Commission are the only ones in the entire country to crack down on this and be the only schools to discover that student-athletes were gambling...........................in the entire f***ing country, including states where online gambling had been legal long before it was legalized in Iowa.

I've heard people say "I don't think this will be the end of it".......and I got news for you.

Nowadays, that ends up being "the end of it" because everyone else sees this and are like, "nope, don't want that kind of press....best just to keep looking the other way".

That's why Iowa is the only coaching staff in the country that was ever publicly accused of saying insensitive things to their athletes, and why the two schools will be the only ones that "got caught" violating gambling policies/laws.

It's times like these where you just have to sit the Iowa public universities down........................and tell them to get the f*** out of their own way.

• Haha
Reactions: HogLovinHawkeye
Not sure I would be so harsh,.. In today's environment practically anyone with a dick and a smartphone has at least dabbled with legal online gambling to some degree...
Damn! I did not know my sister's friend had a dick.

From what I've heard, there's nothing to indicate that any game was ever compromised through gambling by a player or staff member.

The issues are probably gonna be underage gambling/athletes and staff in violation of NCAA policies on betting while affiliated with a college or university.

My biggest issue with this is how Iowa and Iowa State and the Iowa Gaming Commission are the only ones in the entire country to crack down on this and be the only schools to discover that student-athletes were gambling...........................in the entire f***ing country, including states where online gambling had been legal long before it was legalized in Iowa.

I've heard people say "I don't think this will be the end of it".......and I got news for you.

Nowadays, that ends up being "the end of it" because everyone else sees this and are like, "nope, don't want that kind of press....best just to keep looking the other way".

That's why Iowa is the only coaching staff in the country that was ever publicly accused of saying insensitive things to their athletes, and why the two schools will be the only ones that "got caught" violating gambling policies/laws.

It's times like these where you just have to sit the Iowa public universities down........................and tell them to get the f*** out of their own way.
**** dude, you can deliver the murder weapon to the scene of a murder at the murderer's request and remain eligible and play at Alabama. Iowa nice isn't always an advantage.

Last edited:

Nor does it name which sports are involved. Baseball is in season and players have been held out of recent games.
These are facts.

Yep, and 22 other student-athletes from four other Hawkeye sports. Iowa State has 15 student athletes from three different sports. The baseball names have been mentioned or identified. Online gambling on sports also played by NCAA programs. For example, NCAA does allow legal gambling of MMA and horse racing, for example, if student-athletes choose to, but it isn't allowed on any type of NCAA sanctioned sports. And, I suspect the FBI may be involved based on the age of some of the identified in the group of 111 people associated at Iowa.

• Haha
Reactions: HogLovinHawkeye
When we learn which current Hawk football players are involved in the gambling investigation and how long they are suspended, it's gonna really put a damper on the 2023 season expectations.

Hopefully this crap gets done by mid June and coaches adjust to the fallout.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT